Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
One of the reason I voted for Biden is because he wanted to Unite the country and bring normality in political stage. He will bring the old way doing politics. But after Jan 6, I realized I was wrong. You can’t unite with those who undermine the democracy. Until Republican denounce those who encouraged the insurrection, who lied about election result, who wanted to change the election result, you can’t bring unity.

Instated what we see , Republican embrace QANN members, want to kicked out it’s own member because she voted to impeach Trump, local GOP going after those GOP member who doesn’t align with Trump. In another word GOP became even more radical in past 2 months then ever before.

Republican party no longer a democratic party. It is a totalitarian party. A threat to democracy. And you can’t unite with those who are threat to democracy.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One of the reason I voted for Biden is because he wanted to Unite the country and bring normality in political stage. He will bring the old way doing politics. But after Jan 6, I realized I was wrong. You can’t unite with those who undermine the democracy. Until Republican denounce those who encouraged the insurrection, who lied about election result, who wanted to change the election result, you can’t bring unity.

Instated what we see , Republican embrace QANN members, want to kicked out it’s own member because she voted to impeach Trump, local GOP going after those GOP member who doesn’t align with Trump. In another word GOP became even more radical in past 2 months then ever before.

Republican party no longer a democratic party. It is a totalitarian party. A threat to democracy. And you can’t unite with those who are threat to democracy.

Well said, Tiberius Lee. You’re absolutely right. We can’t unify with the sell out treacherous Republican leaders who supported Trump’s efforts to overturn the election in his favor.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Even the republican who are not part of the insurgency like Mitt R or Susan C who went WH for a COVID bill , they had no intention for compromise , they went there for a political stunt. Biden’s bill is 1.9 T , if they really wanted to compromise they would at least offer 50% of that bill. They offered Biden 640b or 25% of what Biden wanted. And when Biden reject the proposal, they say “ Biden is not uniting the country” .

These 10 republicans had no intention to compromise, if they did, they would at least meet half way. Biden did the right thing, talked to them politely and moved on.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still have not seen any interaction, beyond a photo opt, of any action or plan to unite. Instead I see the Democratic Leadership just running roughshod over their political opponents. I had hoped joe could balance that out, but I guess he is not able or perhaps not willing to do that.

It's tough, there is no doubt about that.

I guess he just cannot unite - just too hard for him to do.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I still have not seen any interaction, beyond a photo opt, of any action or plan to unite. Instead I see the Democratic Leadership just running roughshod over their political opponents. I had hoped joe could balance that out, but I guess he is not able or perhaps not willing to do that.

It's tough, there is no doubt about that.

I guess he just cannot unite - just too hard for him to do.

So , let me ask you this , what would Biden needs to do so you will see progress toward unity ?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So , let me ask you this , what would Biden needs to do so you will see progress toward unity ?

1. Reign in the Democratic Leadership and have them focus on bipartisan bills.
2. Have bi partisan meetings on camera with leadership of both parties in setting priorities.

Those two would be within his ability and I think that would be a move towards unity.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
1. Reign in the Democratic Leadership and have them focus on bipartisan bills.
2. Have bi partisan meetings on camera with leadership of both parties in setting priorities.

Those two would be within his ability and I think that would be a move towards unity.

Sen. Dick Durbin and Sen Lindsey Graham already working on a bipartisan bill - immigration bill. You may not like the bill but they both put forth a immigration bill last week. If the news is correct Sen. Mitch mcconnell regularly talking to WH. Biden just had meeting with 10 republicans in WH.

Regarding “reign in the Democratic Leadership” . This is democracy, president doesn’t “reign in” to any thing. President can set the tone but he can’t “ reign in” .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Regarding “reign in the Democratic Leadership” . This is democracy, president doesn’t “reign in” to any thing. President can set the tone but he can’t “ reign in” .

Then he is not the head of his party. If his party leadership does not respect him enough to take direction. Whose puppet is he?

I don’t personally believe that. The office of the President carries a lot of weight. Often called the bully pulpit.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Then he is not the head of his party. If his party leadership does not respect him enough to take direction. Whose puppet is he?

I don’t personally believe that. The office of the President carries a lot of weight. Often called the bully pulpit.

As I said, America is a democracy. We don’t want a “bully” as President. This is exactly why 80 million people voted for Biden because he will respect the democratic system.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As I said, America is a democracy. We don’t want a “bully” as President. This is exactly why 80 million people voted for Biden because he will respect the democratic system.

As I said if he is Respected as President he will lead how party.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
As I said if he is Respected as President he will lead how party.

You mean Biden to bully democrat to compromise with these people?
upload_2021-2-11_8-29-53.png

No. Thank you !

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So far, it's been more like a ''To the victors go the spoils" system that he's overseeing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So far, it's been more like a ''To the victors go the spoils" system that he's overseeing.

Aha a quote from Senator Marcy

Well after taking down the chosen one , democrat deserve to do a victory dance.. I am not democrat.. I am dancing since the election result was announce by fake media and I can’t stop dancing!

• Agree
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Even on a thread that's about Biden's presidency, the focus seems always to be about President Trump. And yet, it isn't that way because of any "Trumpers." ^_^

Didn’t know we are not allowed to talk about Trump!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Even the republican who are not part of the insurgency like Mitt R or Susan C who went WH for a COVID bill , they had no intention for compromise , they went there for a political stunt. Biden’s bill is 1.9 T , if they really wanted to compromise they would at least offer 50% of that bill.

In what universe does inviting a mere 20% of the Republican Senators to the meeting--only those who already were known to be supportive of Biden's project--represent "compromise" or "unity" or "reaching across the aisle?"

You are looking in the wrong direction when criticizing someone for participating in a "political stunt."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Didn’t know we are not allowed to talk about Trump!
Of course you are! And it will happen, again and again and again.

At the same time, we'll be reading complaints that Trump supporters just can't stop talking about him as their hero, blah blah blah. If Trump didn't exist, the opposition would have to invent him in order to have something to divert attention from the mess the new Administration has made of things in less than a month.

Upvote 0