TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Bradford said:
Is this a rerun of a bad "Friends" episode? I always thought that was a joke (Joey getting ordained online, and officiating Monica's wedding)! And people actually sign up for this?
No man people really take this seriously! I am currently in an arguement with a guy who is an ordained "minister" in this... ugh... "stuff". :sorry:

That site has kept me entertained most of the night...

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
RECHT!!! I am SOOO thankful you found this and pointed it to me. Now I can be a pastor!!! The fact that I am a woman does not matter. FINALLY, I can have faith “my way”!!! And so can everyone else. We don’t have to be hampered by the Word of God…we can just do what we like. And isn’t that what a loving God would truly have us do?

I am particularly excited about being able to give plenary indulgences! I can give myself one every morning when I get up and every evening when I go to bed thereby practically assuring myself that any time I have to spend in purgatory (just in case Luther was wrong) will be done in a blink of an eye. Especially important since it doesn’t look like there will a crusade anytime soon where I can offer my life in battle and earn an indulgence from purgatory.

Such a deal!

wink.gif
Rose

Upvote 0

LuxPerpetua

I am, therefore I love
Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
✟8,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
I am particularly thrilled by the "ministry in a box" option. I wonder if my box will be made of recycled materials or not. That may make a difference in my decision.

Anyone else interested in becoming "monk-eyfied" by these quacks? It makes one wonder, since I am female, would I be called an emasculated "monk" or just a "monkette"? Points to ponder. ;)

Upvote 0

Bradford

Fool on the Hill
May 5, 2004
✟29,708.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rechtgläubig said:
No man people really take this seriously! I am currently in an arguement with a guy who is an ordained "minister" in this... ugh... "stuff". :sorry:

That site has kept me entertained most of the night...
Unbelievable... click and print ordination. This fellow, does he run a church, have anyone else in the world take him seriousily?

Rose, I'm just going to click and print my M.Div.... That would solve a lot of problems! :D

Upvote 0

ByzantineDixie

Handmaid of God, Mary
Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
✟11,649.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Flipper said:
She does weddings to supplement her income.
Absolutely PERFECT!!! Your faith can be a money maker, too! Although this concept is hardly original...I think it beats moonlighting as a DJ for middle school proms!

Lux said:
Anyone else interested in becoming "monk-eyfied" by these quacks? It makes one wonder, since I am female, would I be called an emasculated "monk" or just a "monkette"? Points to ponder.
I am so ready to be "monk-eyfied"! Although...I too wonder if I can get the full title of monk or must I take the title of monkette because I am a woman??? Ya know, my guess is since this is all about me and having it my way I am going to go for the full monk-eyfication and be a monk...in a box.

wink.gif
Rose (
kawaii.gif
kawaii.gif
kawaii.gif
)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Music4Hym777

Daughter of Christ
Apr 27, 2004
Arizona
✟10,229.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
I really dont agree with the ULC stuff. I think it is bogus. I know a pastor that got his M. Div by pretty much clicking and printing. He is now a pastor of a church and I guess the church is thriving. Thats the scary part!

Actually funny story. MY churches initials are ULC (University Lutheran Church) so I thought that maybe they had a new website that ya'll had found.

Reactions: Bradford
Upvote 0

LuxPerpetua

I am, therefore I love
Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
✟8,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Flipper said:
Rose, I think if you are going to do this, you should go Buddist and shave your head - a more lasting impression of your new calling.

Rose, you must!! OR you could sport a very dapper Irish tonsure. Either way you can't go wrong. We can found a monastery and call ourselves the Holy-Rollin' Monkettes. I bet we could do some fab "doo wop" chants. ^_^

Upvote 0

Music4Hym777

Daughter of Christ
Apr 27, 2004
Arizona
✟10,229.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Republican
LuxPerpetua said:
Rose, you must!! OR you could sport a very dapper Irish tonsure. Either way you can't go wrong. We can found a monastery and call ourselves the Holy-Rollin' Monkettes. I bet we could do some fab "doo wop" chants. ^_^
Doo wop, do do do, doo wop, do do do doo wap, de doo wop.
In Peace in peace let us doo wop to the Lord, doo wop do do do doo wop
Lord have doo wop, Christ have doo wop, Lord have doo ooo wop!

Alrighty, sorry I have been being very goofy with things lately (I know I have been bad especially with the Lords Prayer) so I just had to post it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
filosofer said:
When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about the ULC - United Lutheran Church of 1918, the one that eventually merged to form the LCA.
And then further merger to become the ELCA?

...Hmmm, makes you wonder...

:D lol :D

Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rechtgläubig

der Anti-Schwärmer
Oct 3, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟17,092.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Bradford said:
Unbelievable... click and print ordination. This fellow, does he run a church, have anyone else in the world take him seriousily?
Bradford, I don't know if he has his own church, I hope not...

Rose said:
Absolutely PERFECT!!! Your faith can be a money maker, too! Although this concept is hardly original...I think it beats moonlighting as a DJ for middle school proms!
Rose, that is exactly what it is, a business.

"We offer the acclaimed Ministry In A Box, which contains all the books, materials, ceremonies and training that you need to start your business off right."

Upvote 0

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rechtgläubig said:
Wow Dan, or should I say "Universal Philosopher of Absolute Reality Dan"? :D
http://www.ulc.org/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=28&products_id=65
No that's ok, a simple "Reverend Father Dan" will do... I'm humble like that. :thumbsup:

Rechtgläubig said:
I was wondering, where did you hear about this???
I don't really remember. It was when I worked in the NOC for 12 hour graveyard shifts, so I had lots of time to surf. Actually, I think I was actually searching it out, Google or something like that probably.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.