louisiana
✟174,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was just thinking about the two witnesses and who they may be but i have a few question what are they a witness of? Whats thier testimony? And what does it mean they stand before the Lord of the earth? Etc.

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In God's law, the testimony of at least two witnesses is required for judgment and punishment. In this sense, they stand before God in His court of divine justice.

The Greek word for witness can also mean, martyr.

The two witnesses [martyrs] in Rev 11 are related to the two sets of martyrs [witnesses] in the fifth seal whose blood cries to God to avenge their deaths.

Reactions: WilliamBo
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was just thinking about the two witnesses and who they may be but i have a few question what are they a witness of? Whats thier testimony? And what does it mean they stand before the Lord of the earth? Etc.
They give the testimony of Jesus Thee Messiah that came to die for human sins , that he died and rose again to life ever after and offer to give eternal life -- the Gospel of Jesus

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The two witnesses in Revelation 11 & Zechariah 4:11-14 will be prophets returned, in physical bodies that will die and be seen.

The golden oil poured out of themselves, are the plagues seen in the book of revelation, as they stand before the beast & world in representation of the Lord Jesus Christ. A remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharaoh of Egypt X 10

I believe the witnesses will be Enoch & Elijah the only two that never saw physical death?

Its appointed unto man once to die, then the judgment.Hebrews 9:27

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

In God's law, the testimony of at least two witnesses is required for judgment and punishment. In this sense, they stand before God in His court of divine justice.

The Greek word for witness can also mean, martyr.

The two witnesses [martyrs] in Rev 11 are related to the two sets of martyrs [witnesses] in the fifth seal whose blood cries to God to avenge their deaths.

Actually there are two sets to the two witnesses themselves in Rev 11.

Something I wrote years ago:

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, AND the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

"the two olive trees" AND "the two candlesticks"

As you see, there are two of one thing and two of another.

------------------one witness------------second witness------------
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

We have 4 altogether that compose the "two witness".

So what are olive trees?

Zechariah 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

"What are these two olive trees"

Zechariah 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zechariah 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.
Zechariah 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

"These are the two anointed ones"

And olive trees represent anointed people. So, the two olive trees that form ONE WITNESS are two individuals that have been anointed.

Zechariah 4:14 Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Two anointed ones. To be anointed simply means to be blessed with the gifts of the Holy spirit, especially with knowledge which includes knowledge of the future known as prophecy. "ones" means individuals, there are two individuals being spoken of.

ones:

01121 ben {bane}

from 01129; TWOT - 254; n m

AV - son 2978, children 1568, old 135, first 51, man 20, young 18,
young + 01241 17, child 10, stranger 10, people 5, misc 92; 4906

1) son, grandson, child, member of a group
1a) son, male child
1b) grandson
1c) children (pl. - male and female)
1d) youth, young men (pl.)
1e) young (of animals)
1f) sons (as characterisation, ie sons of injustice [for un-
righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
1g) people (of a nation) (pl.)
1h) of lifeless things, ie sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
1i) a member of a guild, order, class

----------------one witness--------------second witness------------
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

What are the two candlesticks?

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

"and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches"

Candlesticks represent churches which are groups of Christians.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees, AND the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

so to add what we know:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two [anointed ones], AND the two [churches] standing before the God of the earth.

According to scripture, the two witnesses are two churches (candlesticks) AND two persons (olives trees). One witness is the two churches, the other witness is the two persons. Many believe it is Elijah and Enoch but who they are or aren't is another discussion.

When scripture refers to the two "olive trees" and we learn that olive trees represent "anointed ones" then we know these two olive trees are in fact two "anointed ones" which is simply two anointed people or persons...but there's more:

Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Here only the two olive trees are called the two prophets. Prophets are individuals, in fact they are males. Two male prophets which are anointed by God to give prophetic messages.

Since its also scriptural fact that candlesticks are churches we then have this:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees [the two anointed prophets], and the two candlesticks [two churches] standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

If you wish to speak of the two prophets which are killed by the antichrist/beast and are raised back to life by God, it is incorrect to refer to them as the "two witnesses" since the scriptures do not. They are referred to as one of the two witnesses, the two olive trees which are two anointed individuals ie: the two prophets.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy

It seems you left out the scriptures in between

5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.

6 These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

the prophets being included in the Two Witnesses - these are the more commonly addressed topic with the Two Witnesses

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 
We know the above cannot be two men made of wood and metal.
Therefore, it is being used symbolically.

Rom 11:24  For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 

Paul used the two olive trees as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one Olive Tree.

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. 

Christ used the candlesticks as a symbol of the churches.

Pastor Carl Gallups of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church:

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It seems you left out the scriptures in between

On purpose because they are not related to identifying what the two witnesses actually are...two churches and two prophets...those together form the two witnesses. Most people only identify the two prophets/two olive trees as the two witnesses but the leave out the two candlesticks and what candlesticks represent in Rev.

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 11:4  These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth. 
We know the above cannot be two men made of wood and metal.
Therefore, it is being used symbolically.

Rom 11:24  For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree? 

Paul used the two olive trees as a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelite and Gentile branches grafted together into one Olive Tree.

Rev 1:20  The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. 

Christ used the candlesticks as a symbol of the churches.

Pastor Carl Gallups of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church:

I disagree with your symbolic representation of the two withesses.

You need to make symbolic a whole lot more, streets they lay in, the world that was tormented, bodies raising, eyes watching, people exchanging gifts, on and on.

They will be literal prophets returned, that will bring literal plagues, that will literally die and lay in a literal street, as human eyes watch from the literal world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You need to make symbolic a whole lot more, streets they lay in, the world that was tormented, bodies raising, eyes watching, people exchanging gifts, on and on.

They will be literal prophets returned, that will bring literal plagues, that will literally die and lay in a literal street, as human eyes watch from the literal world.

Do you think they are two men made of wood and metal ???

It is not my symbolic representation. It comes directly from Christ and Paul.

If Christ said the candlesticks are a symbol of the churches, I will go with what He said.

Check your boots again. You still have some Dispensationalism stuck on the soles, from your time under Darby's system.

Moses died and was buried. His soul is now in heaven.

70 x 70...

• Haha
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you think they are two men made of wood and metal ???

It is not my symbolic representation. It comes directly from Christ and Paul.

If Christ said the candlesticks are a symbol of the churches, I will go with what He said.

Check your boots again. You still have some Dispensationalism stuck on the soles, from your time under Darby's system.

Moses died and was buried. His soul is now in heaven.

70 x 70...
I will stick with literal prophets, literal plagues, a literal Jerusalem, literal street, literal people exchanging gifts, literal people with eyes, watching literal bodies as they are raised. Revelation 11:1-15KJV

I will stick with two literal prophets Zechariah 4:11-14KJV, verse 12 " My "two anointed ones"
verse 14 "themselves"

Pretty evident this doesnt represent the Church as a whole, the evidence presented silences your symbolic interpretation in my opinion Barean.

I asked you a few days ago if you believed in a "Future Human Man Of Sin", as seen in 2 Thessalonians 2:3KJV without a response from you?

I conclude you are a (Partial Preterist) in your eschatology, and you dont see a future man of sin/antichrist, tribulation, or literal two witnesses?

jgr has identified himself as such, appears you believe the same?

Or literal plagues, literal army of nations gathered for battle?

This interpretation is dangerous in that its not looking for the afore mentioned, critical to the future time of the Church.

The Apostolic Church Fathers, Justin Martyr 100-165AD, Iranaeus 202AD, Hippolytus 170-235AD, all taught of a future man of sin/antichrist, great tribulation, and literal two witnesses on Hippo's part, from their 2nd and 3rd century lives.

"Two Witnesses" seen in Revelation 11, literal prophets returned, that will have physical bodies that die, and they will bring the literal plagues of revelation upon the beast's kingdom and unsaved world.

A remake of Moses/Aaron against Pharoh X 10 "Literal"!

God's gonna end it with a big hot bang, nobody will miss it 2 Peter 3:10-13 "Literal Fire & Destruction"!

Miraculous Works Through The Tribulation, And End Of This World, "Literally"! :)

Luv ya brother, BBBBrean

Jesus Christ Is Lord :)

Truth7t7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked you a few days ago if you believed in a "Future Human Man Of Sin", as seen in 2 Thessalonians 2:3KJV without a response from you?

Yes. I do believe the globalist system lies in the future.

Mat_18:16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Act_1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act_2:32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act_3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Act_5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Act_10:39  And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Act_10:41  Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Act_13:31  And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

2Co_13:1  This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

1Th_2:10  Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

1Ti_5:19  Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1Ti_6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2Ti_2:2  And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Heb_10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb_12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Rev_11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

70 x 70

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I do believe the globalist system lies in the future.

Mat_18:16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

Act_1:8  But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Act_2:32  This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Act_3:15  And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.

Act_5:32  And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Act_10:39  And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree:

Act_10:41  Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead.

Act_13:31  And he was seen many days of them which came up with him from Galilee to Jerusalem, who are his witnesses unto the people.

2Co_13:1  This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

1Th_2:10  Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

1Ti_5:19  Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

1Ti_6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

2Ti_2:2  And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.

Heb_10:28  He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Heb_12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Rev_11:3  And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

70 x 70
You dont believe in a "Individual Human Man" as seen fulfilling 2 Thessalonians 2:3?

1. You see a globalist system as I take it, fulfilling 2 Thessalonians 2:3?

2. Do you see literal future plagues being brought upon the world, in Revelation?

3. Do you see literal future nations being gathered in Israel for battle, Armageddon?

I have no more to say on the "Two Witnesses" my belief was presented plain and simple in post #14.

I fully understand your symbolic interpretation of the "Two Witnesses", I disagree with it.

Look forward to a response on the three questions above?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If we look in Rev 11 we are told this.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

According to Rev 13, who is it that the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against, and shall overcome them, and kill them?

Is it not the following?

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit(Revelation 11:7)-----and saw a beast rise up out of the sea(Revelation 13:1)

shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them(Revelation 11:7)-----and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months(Revelation 11:5)----And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them(Revelation 11:7)----And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon(Revelation13:11)----and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed(Revelation13:15)

Based on all of this, why couldn't the two witnesses in ch 11 not be meaning the same saints in Rev 13? In this case maybe a symbolic approach is the way to go.

• Agree
Reactions: Davy
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we look in Rev 11 we are told this.

Revelation 11:7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.

According to Rev 13, who is it that the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against, and shall overcome them, and kill them?

Is it not the following?

Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit(Revelation 11:7)-----and saw a beast rise up out of the sea(Revelation 13:1)

shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them(Revelation 11:7)-----and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months(Revelation 11:5)----And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them(Revelation 11:7)----And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon(Revelation13:11)----and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed(Revelation13:15)

Based on all of this, why couldn't the two witnesses in ch 11 not be meaning the same saints in Rev 13? In this case maybe a symbolic approach is the way to go.
The "saints" in Rev 13 and "two witnesses" in Rev 11 are the same.

Many falsely teach the Antichrist will kill the entire church on earth, in misinterpretation of "saints" seen in Rev 13

The future mark of the beast and worship of the image will be voluntary, through "Deceptive False Miracles" of the false prophet, sorta like a global "Benny Hinn" crusade.Revelation 19:20

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidPT
Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually there are two sets to the two witnesses themselves in Rev 11.

Something I wrote years ago:

"the two olive trees" AND "the two candlesticks"

As you see, there are two of one thing and two of another.

------------------one witness------------second witness------------

We have 4 altogether that compose the "two witness".

So what are olive trees?

Zechariah 4:11 Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?

"What are these two olive trees"

Zechariah 4:12 And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?
Zechariah 4:13 And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.

"These are the two anointed ones"

And olive trees represent anointed people. So, the two olive trees that form ONE WITNESS are two individuals that have been anointed.

Two anointed ones. To be anointed simply means to be blessed with the gifts of the Holy spirit, especially with knowledge which includes knowledge of the future known as prophecy. "ones" means individuals, there are two individuals being spoken of.

ones:

01121 ben {bane}

from 01129; TWOT - 254; n m

AV - son 2978, children 1568, old 135, first 51, man 20, young 18,
young + 01241 17, child 10, stranger 10, people 5, misc 92; 4906

1) son, grandson, child, member of a group
1a) son, male child
1b) grandson
1c) children (pl. - male and female)
1d) youth, young men (pl.)
1e) young (of animals)
1f) sons (as characterisation, ie sons of injustice [for un-
righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
1g) people (of a nation) (pl.)
1h) of lifeless things, ie sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
1i) a member of a guild, order, class

----------------one witness--------------second witness------------

What are the two candlesticks?

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

"and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches"

Candlesticks represent churches which are groups of Christians.

so to add what we know:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two [anointed ones], AND the two [churches] standing before the God of the earth.

According to scripture, the two witnesses are two churches (candlesticks) AND two persons (olives trees). One witness is the two churches, the other witness is the two persons. Many believe it is Elijah and Enoch but who they are or aren't is another discussion.

When scripture refers to the two "olive trees" and we learn that olive trees represent "anointed ones" then we know these two olive trees are in fact two "anointed ones" which is simply two anointed people or persons...but there's more:

Revelation 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Here only the two olive trees are called the two prophets. Prophets are individuals, in fact they are males. Two male prophets which are anointed by God to give prophetic messages.

Since its also scriptural fact that candlesticks are churches we then have this:

Revelation 11:4 These are the two olive trees [the two anointed prophets], and the two candlesticks [two churches] standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

If you wish to speak of the two prophets which are killed by the antichrist/beast and are raised back to life by God, it is incorrect to refer to them as the "two witnesses" since the scriptures do not. They are referred to as one of the two witnesses, the two olive trees which are two anointed individuals ie: the two prophets.
Thanks for the in depth study. I missed the two candlesticks, thinking they were the same as the prophets. Two churches makes sense. Then are they Philadelphia and Smyrna, the faithful and the persecuted churches? They were specific churches back then but I also believe they are church types throughout the age. This would also imply THE CHURCH, the entire body of Christ. I agree with the notion that Enoch and Elijah.
I suppose they will come on the scene as soon as we become aware of the Anti-Christ. But then some would say the Church would need to be raptured for that to happen. ???
That never made sense to me since the Anti-Christ go after the church and persecutes them and Israel as well. Persecution is going on now. Maybe when they say Peace and Safety? But it does seem clear that these two witnesses begin this Great Tribulation. But another confusion is that I always believed the GT was only 3 1/2 years, not 7 as many believe.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You dont believe in a "Individual Human Man" as seen fulfilling 2 Thessalonians 2:3?

At some point, one man will be head of the globalist system.

Try to get the "Left Behind" books and movies out of your head, if you are going to let go of Dispensational Theology.

Based on what Christ said in Revelation 1:20, the Book of Revelation is a book of symbols.

You must agree with that in Revelation chapter 20, or you would not be opposing an earthly millennium.

Upvote 0