United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 4:19 (NASB20)
My children, with whom I am again in labor until Christ is formed in you--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul is writing to Christian’s here, those that are indeed saved and in possession of the new birth, yet still there is something more that he puts forth, this being, the forming of Christ in one… Or in other words, the maturing of one in one’s walk before God… Therefore there is a time frame between one becoming born again and the maturing of that birth… Paul says in another place ‘by now you ought to be teachers but you still haven’t learned the elementary principles’…. Therefore the knowing and the learning of what these foundational teachings are, are that which grows one from childhood to maturity…..

These elementary teaching, are the foundational principles, meaning they are truths that need to be learned by experience… These two foundational principles that are put forth ‘repentance from dead works and faith towards God’, if these are not learned first, all that follows will be a work of self….. For knowing what these first two principles are, would be the first step toward the maturing process…

‘repentance from dead works’

Dead works being all that one’s natural abilities can do, whether they be deemed religious or secular, all the works that any unregenerate soul can do, is of self, of the old creation, for the doing matters not, only who’s doing the doing…. For self can put on a religious cloak, it can read scripture, it can learn scripture, talk of scripture, make a great show of it’s scriptural prowess, but if the reading, learning, talking, showing, does not come through the second principle, the first principle has yet to be learned… For denying of oneself, reckoning oneself dead, is the all of the first principle, if this step is not taken and learned as a living reality in life, all that is built, in time will be found to be unable to stand before that which will come against it…. For only the foundation that is built upon the two principles are able to move one from depending on oneself to a trust in God that can and will stand out against all that will be thrown at it…

For until this dying to all one has, is learned by experience, one’s faith in God will be a sometimes thing, real and true, up to the point it fails… If it fails is proof enough the first principle needs to be learned in a deeper and more real way, that being, as the living reality of life….

Oh to the learning of the two foundational principles by experience; principle one, turning from self, principle two, turning to God, for these two principles will do all for one that one could ever hope or dream to the forming of Christ in one, and in all those that would be so willing to learn the elemental teachings, then the doctrine and instructions of the Christian life can be learned after the foundation is laid, to the joy and glory of living in the new life….

To the all of Him and the nothing of us, Not me