Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most Christians have this wrong understanding and believed that God gave the Law for us to follow. Before the death and resurrection of Jesus, everyone is living in the flesh and dead spiritually. Therefore, there is only one nature which man lived by which is the flesh. Man not knowing that they are sinful and can never please God, tried to perform good works to earn God's favor. Therefore God gave the Law and said: "Anyone who desire earn my favor and enter heaven must obey the Law without breaking any of the commandments."

Romans 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Galatians 5:3 If anyone wants to be righteous through the law, they have to obey the entire law

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

But God's true intention for giving the Law is to show man that they cannot keep his law because of their sinful nature. It is liken to God saying to a dead corpse "If you want to live, then show me that you can breathe." But it is impossible for a dead corpse to breathe.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, everyone who accepted Jesus is born again, filled and sealed with the Holy Spirit and made alive spiritually. At this point, a Christian has two natures. The nature of the sinful flesh that is the old man and nature of the Holy Spirit that is God's nature. If you know the flesh, you will know that it is capable of performing good works and evil desires. In the non-Christian community, do we not see people who contributed much to the society and others? However, God compare all the rightouseness of sinful man as filthy rags.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The other nature of a Christian is the nature the Holy Spirit that is God's nature which cannot sin. These two different nature within a Christian is constantly at war. Therefore Paul wrote that he discipline his body and bring it into subjection.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

How to know stop operating in the flesh?
Step 1: Stop focusing on the Law and do not be sin conscious. Remember that God did not gave the Law for anyone to follow but rather to make all sinners aware that of their sinful nature and cannot save themselves by their own human effort or good works. If you continue to focus on the Law, you will strengthen the flesh to perform and more sins will be committed.

1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Step 2: Live in freedom from the Law and act according to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. If you believe that God cannot sin, what made you think you will commit sin when you are flowing with the Holy Spirit?

Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

Anyone who is alive will naturally breathe without being told to do so. Therefore if a Christian flows with the spirit, they live out the nature of God which is free from the Law and Sin. Therefore, I believe this is the reason why God do not want Christians to be conscious of the Law and Sin. A born again Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit will naturally obey the Law without effort or mindful of not breaking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unqualified

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most Christians have this wrong understanding and believed that God gave the Law for us to follow. Before the death and resurrection of Jesus, everyone is living in the flesh and dead spiritually. Therefore, there is only one nature which man lived by which is the flesh. Man not knowing that they are sinful and can never please God, tried to perform good works to earn God's favor. Therefore God gave the Law and said: "Anyone who desire earn my favor and enter heaven must obey the Law without breaking any of the commandments."

Romans 2:13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.

Galatians 5:3 If anyone wants to be righteous through the law, they have to obey the entire law

James 2:10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

But God's true intention for giving the Law is to show man that they cannot keep his law because of their sinful nature. It is liken to God saying to a dead corpse "If you want to live, then show me that you can breathe." But it is impossible for a dead corpse to breathe.

After the death and resurrection of Jesus, everyone who accepted Jesus is born again, filled and sealed with the Holy Spirit and made alive spiritually. At this point, a Christian has two natures. The nature of the sinful flesh that is the old man and nature of the Holy Spirit that is God's nature. If you know the flesh, you will know that it is capable of performing good works and evil desires. In the non-Christian community, do we not see people who contributed much to the society and others? However, God compare all the rightouseness of sinful man as filthy rags.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The other nature of a Christian is the nature the Holy Spirit that is God's nature which cannot sin. These two different nature within a Christian is constantly at war. Therefore Paul wrote that he discipline his body and bring it into subjection.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Step 1: Stop focusing on the Law and do not be sin conscious. Remember that God did not gave the Law for anyone to follow but rather to make all sinners aware that of their sinful nature and cannot save themselves by their own human effort or good works. If you continue to focus on the Law, you will strengthen the flesh to perform and more sins will be committed.

1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Hebrews 10:2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for you are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 3:10 All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Step 2: Live in freedom from the Law and act according to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. If you believe that God cannot sin, what made you think you will commit sin when you are flowing with the Holy Spirit?

Romans 8:5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.

Anyone who is alive will naturally breathe without being told to do so. Therefore if a Christian flows with the spirit, they live out the nature of God which is free from the Law and Sin. Therefore, I believe this is the reason why God do not want Christians to be conscious of the Law and Sin. A born again Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit will naturally obey the Law without effort or mindful of not breaking it.
Not trying to be real critical but I want to ask you to consider that the statement "The nature of the sinful flesh that is the old man and nature of the Holy Spirit that is God's nature." causes me some discomfort, while I understand what you are saying and I agree, I think that having a human nature and a God nature in one man is something that should be limited to Jesus only. While we have the Holy Spirit within sanctifying us I would not consider that we have a God nature. Our nature is 100% human.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

alaric

May 21, 2018
Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not trying to be real critical but I want to ask you to consider that the statement "The nature of the sinful flesh that is the old man and nature of the Holy Spirit that is God's nature." causes me some discomfort, while I understand what you are saying and I agree, I think that having a human nature and a God nature in one man is something that should be limited to Jesus only. While we have the Holy Spirit within sanctifying us I would not consider that we have a God nature. Our nature is 100% human.

I think you have misunderstood me and thought that when I mention we have the nature of God to be equal and same as God. I am referring to the character of God, fruits of the Holy Spirit and the hate of sin.

When a person accepts Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and abides in the word of God, he will receive the Holy Spirit. When we become Christ’s own people, we will hate the passions of the flesh and will live in the spirit of God (Galatians 5:24,25).

When the spirit of God dwells within a person, his characteristics will change and he will get the godly characteristics (2 Corinthians 5:17). He will always possess those characteristics apart from his circumstances.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Let me rearrange the order of your statements a bit and perhaps reveal some confusion in what you've written:

"...to make all sinners aware that of their sinful nature and cannot save themselves by their own human effort or good works."

"Stop focusing on the Law and do not be sin conscious."

If human effort cannot save, how can human effort achieve a godly life?

What do you say to the Christian who says, "I just can't help but focus on the Law. I can't help but look at sin and want it"?

And the Christian who is struggling to "act according to the prompting of the Holy Spirit"? What advice do you give to the believer who returns again and again to the filth of sin, despairing of ever being free of it? What do you say to the Christian who says, "I am just too weak to live the way God has commanded me to live!"?

Anyone who is alive will naturally breathe without being told to do so. Therefore if a Christian flows with the spirit, they live out the nature of God which is free from the Law and Sin.

But what if they find themselves at war within, wanting to serve God on one hand but desiring sinful things on the other? (Galatians 5:17; Romans 7:14-25)

Therefore, I believe this is the reason why God do not want Christians to be conscious of the Law and Sin. A born again Christian who is filled with the Holy Spirit will naturally obey the Law without effort or mindful of not breaking it.

What do you mean by "filled with the Holy Spirit"? How does a Christian come to be filled with the Spirit? How do they stay filled by the Spirit? What do they do if they stop being filled by the Spirit?

Last edited:
Upvote 0