Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There was more apostles in the Jerusalem HQ than just the 12, Barnabas, James brother of Jesus etc.

So you cannot use Ephesians 3:4-5 to establish that the 12 was also revealed the mystery.

JL: Why, who are the holy apostles and prophets?

[Rv18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.]KJV

[Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: ]KJV

Again Paul tells us, the Gentiles are no longer foreigners, but fellow citizens of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles.

Fellow citizens with whom? Jewish Christians in the house of God, built on the foundation of the apostles. What is the house of God?

[1Tm3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.]KJV

[Hb3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. ]KJV

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

[Rv18:20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.]KJV

[Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: ]KJV

Again Paul tells us, the Gentiles are no longer foreigners, but fellow citizens of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles.

Fellow citizens with whom? Jewish Christians in the house of God, built on the foundation of the apostles. What is the house of God?

[1Tm3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.]KJV

[Hb3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. ]KJV

We are now deviating from the main topic, which is the difference between the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the Uncircumcision

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Guojing: We are now deviating from the main topic, which is the difference between the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the Uncircumcision.

JL: Eph 2:11-21 is spot on topic. One can't be built on the foundation of the apostles if teaching a different gospel than the apostles, as Paul tells us, we=Gentiles are no longer foreigners but fellow citizens=Jews.

However if you are uncomfortable with Eph 2:11-21, then please post specifically what those differences are especially in 1Cor15:1-4. Could you put those differences in bold print?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guojing: We are now deviating from the main topic, which is the difference between the gospel of the circumcision and the gospel of the Uncircumcision.

JL: Eph 2:11-21 is spot on topic. One can't be built on the foundation of the apostles if teaching a different gospel than the apostles, as Paul tells us, we=Gentiles are no longer foreigners but fellow citizens=Jews.

However if you are uncomfortable with Eph 2:11-21, then please post specifically what those differences are especially in 1Cor15:1-4. Could you put those differences in bold print?

I never said I was uncomfortable with Ephesians 2:11-12. Instead, I praised the Lord that I was born at this time, the but now time period where I can be saved/blessed without going thru Israel.

The 12 and Jesus was preaching in time past, the gospel of the kingdom, which was specifically not for Gentiles (Matthew 10:5).

If gentiles wanted to be blessed by the Lord during in time past, they have to go thru Israel. Both the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite lady had to do that.

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Guojing: I never said I was uncomfortable with Ephesians 2:11-12.

JL: Ture, I apologize, those are my words, I should have said, it seems to me you are uncomfortable with Eph 2:11-21.

Guojing: Instead, I praised the Lord that I was born at this time, the but now time period where I can be saved/blessed without going thru Israel. time past, they have to go thru Israel. Both the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite lady had to do that.

JL
: I have no idea what you mean, the Roman Centurion and lady went through Israel. Israel itself was in need of salvation, countries can't save. The OT Law could not remit sins nor save anyone, giving eternal life.

It is only through Jesus Christ that anyone is, or ever will be saved, He is the way, truth and life. [Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.]KJV

The Gentile Centurion was saved through Jesus Christ, the first Christian Gentile added to the New Covenant Assembly=Church. He was saved by grace through faith and baptised, not circumcised. How were you saved differently?

The Canaanite lady received, through Jesus, not Israel, a grace blessing of the healing of her child. Salvation was not available as Christ was not yet sacrificed.

Guojing: The 12 and Jesus was preaching in time past, the gospel of the kingdom, which was specifically not for Gentiles (Matthew 10:5).

JL: Mt 10:5 never says the gospel of the kingdom is not for Gentiles. otherwise you would have posted that scripture. Mt 21 tells us differently.

[Mt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Israel was the natural seed and heir. It was only just to go first to the Jews, as the apostles did including Paul, he always went to the synagogue first, if there was one.

[Rms 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.]KJV

What did our Lord say to the Canaanite woman?

Mt15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.]KJV

First the Lord feeds his children=Jews, meet=gospel. Most of his children the Jews, will have none of the meet=gospel. The Lord then sends it to those who are hungry and will gladly receive it, Gentiles.

At the Lord's ascension He sends the apostles to the uttermost parts of the earth with the meet=gospel, before he ascends to the Father.

[Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.]KJV

[Mt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.]KJV

Christ sent the apostles to teach the whole world, promising to be with them=apostles to the end of the world. How, by laying on of hands from apostles to bishops to bishops in an unbroken succession to the end of the world.

He also promised the Spirit of truth, to guide them into all truth.

[Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.]KJV

[Jn 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.]KJV

Do you suppose Christ failed in His mission or didn't know what He was talking about when He sent the apostles to teach the whole world, telling them He would be with them to the end of the world?

Was Christ not able to keep his promise that the gates of hell shall not prevail against His Church? According to your theology the gates of Hell prevailed over Christ's promises.

[Mt 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.]KJV

Look for the keys Guojing, praying for you and all.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guojing: Instead, I praised the Lord that I was born at this time, the but now time period where I can be saved/blessed without going thru Israel. time past, they have to go thru Israel. Both the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite lady had to do that.

JL
: I have no idea what you mean, the Roman Centurion and lady went through Israel. Israel itself was in need of salvation, countries can't save. The OT Law could not remit sins nor save anyone, giving eternal life.

When God made Abraham and his descendants the focus of his blessings, here is what was said in Genesis 22

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Verse 18 is the key verse in understand how God related to Gentiles in the Old Testament, as well as the 4 Gospels.

Roman Centurion

Luke 7
3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.

4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:

5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

The Centurion was wise not to approach Jesus directly, because he is a gentile. Instead he made his request thru Israel, thru the elders of the Jews, who appealed to Jesus on his behalf, citing evidence that he has helped Israel build a synagogue.

The Lord Jesus, without hesitation, immediately agreed to his request because he has blessed the Jews, and the Abrahamic covenant allows the blessing to then go to him.

As for the Canaanite woman, she did not do deeds for the Jews but she wisely said in Mark

28 "Yes, Lord," she replied, "but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." 29 Then he told her, "For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter."

Mark has this important detail which I highlighted in bold. That lady made the correct analogy that even the dogs, a term used by the Jews to describe Gentiles, could be blessed with the crumbs falling from the Jewish children's bread.

Thus Jesus healed her because her faith allowed her to be blessed, thru the Jews, as promised to Abraham.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aristarkos
Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
JL: In my previous post, I mistakenly thought you were referring to the Centurion Cornelius, Acts 10:1-48, who was the first Gentile saved, coming into the Way, later called Christian.

The Centurion to which you are referring, Lk 7:1-10, was not saved but like the Canaanite lady received a blessing of healing, for one they cared for. Both received by faith, through Jesus Christ, not Israel as Israel itself was in need of faith, through Jesus Christ.

Acts 20:19 Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews: 20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publicly, and from house to house, 21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.]KJV

[Acts 14:1 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed. 2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.]KJV

Guojing: When God made Abraham and his descendants the focus of his blessings here is what was said in Genesis 22.

17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;

18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Verse 18 is the key verse in understand how God related to Gentiles in the Old Testament, as well as the 4 Gospels.

JL: Yes all nations=Gentile and Jew blessed through Abraham's seed=Christ, not seeds as in many=Israel. All nations are blessed through Jesus Christ the seed of Abraham. Through Jesus, the seed of Abraham, Gentiles are Abraham's seed and equally heirs with the Jews to the promise=Kingdom of God=Davidic Kingdom.

Guojing: Gal 3 verse 8 is the key to understanding how God relates to Gentiles and 4 gospels. JL [Gal3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.]KJV

The one and only gospel was first preached to Abraham.

[Gn22:16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.]KJV

[Gal3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. 7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. 8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed. 9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham. 10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. 11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them. 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise. 19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.]KJV

[Gal2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.]KJV

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JL:
The Centurion to which you are referring, Lk 7:1-10, was not saved but like the Canaanite lady received a blessing of healing, for one they cared for. Both received by faith, through Jesus Christ, not Israel as Israel itself was in need of faith, through Jesus Christ.

I never said any of them were saved in the first place.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point that both the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite lady had to go thru Israel to get their blessings?

If you disagree that the Centurion helped to build a synagogue for Israel, and the lady was willing to submit herself as a dog taking crumbs from Jewish children's bread, then please explain how you understand these 2 scripture passages.

Otherwise your claim that "Both received by faith, through Jesus Christ, not Israel as Israel itself was in need of faith, through Jesus Christ" is unbacked.

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Guojing: I never said any of them were saved in the first place.

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with my point that both the Roman Centurion and the Canaanite lady had to go through Israel to get their blessings?

If you disagree that the Centurion helped to build a synagogue for Israel, and the lady was willing to submit herself as a dog taking crumbs from Jewish children's bread, then please explain how you understand these 2 scripture passages.

Otherwise your claim that "Both received by faith, through Jesus Christ, not Israel as Israel itself was in need of faith, through Jesus Christ" is unbacked.

JL: Simple question; Did the Centurion or widow receive the healing of one dear to them because they had faith Jesus could heal or because they did something for Israel?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JL: Simple question; Did the Centurion or widow receive the healing of one dear to them because they had faith Jesus could heal or because they did something for Israel?

As I stated, Jesus gave them the blessings because both of them sought them thru Israel.

The fact that they also had a greater level of faith, than many in Israel, was a secondary point.

Even if they had the faith, without going thru Israel, they would not have been blessed, as Mark 7:29 clearly stated for the Canaanite lady

29 Then he told her, "For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter."

And Luke 7:5-6 for the roman Centurion

5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.

6 Then Jesus went with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="JLHargus, post
[Mt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
.[/QUOTE]

And first , the BODY OF CHRIST is not a Nation as we are members of Christ .

In verse 45 , and when the chief priest and the Pharisees had his parable , they perceived that he spoke of them and not to the B O C .

In verse 43 , the Greek word SAY / LEGO is in the Greek Present tense , Active Voice and in Indicative Mood .

In verse 43 you see these Greek words I SAY UNTO YOU / HYMIN is a Personal Possessive Pronoun , and that speaks to the chief priests and Pharisees .

This Kingdom is taken from Israel and given to the Little Flock , the 12 apostles as written in Luke 12:32 ,

dan p

• Winner
Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi JLH,

I have just come in on this thread and read you comments. May I reply as to what I believe.

Now we know that on any topic we need to read all scriptures pertaining to that.
In 1 Cor. 3: 11 we read that Christ is the foundation. `For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.` I`m sure we would all agree that Jesus Christ is the foundation of all we believe.

So we ask ourselves what does Eph. 2: 16 - 22 mean. `the house hold of God having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, ...` So what did the apostles and prophets teach -

The 12 apostles taught - `therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

The 12 apostles knew that Jesus was Lord and Christ and that is what they preached. However......they did not preach the further revelation that was given to the apostles and prophets that the Lord gave when He ascended.

`(When He ascended)...he gave some apostles, some prophets...... for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry...` (Eph. 4: 11 & 12)

Thus we see that when Jesus ascended to the Father`s right hand that he gave the Body more apostles and prophets etc to build up the Body. Further revelation that is revealed in Paul`s epistles and letters.

It is the REVELATION of Christ as HEAD of the Body, that is given to the apostles of the ascended Lord. The 12 apostles did not have this revelation.

Thus the `foundation` of the apostles and prophets is the REVELATION of Christ, that is given to them and not them as people on which the Body is built.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is our gospel for today that many believe is the only gospel of the New Testament with inclusions from Gospel #1. This gospel message was revealed to Paul (Gal. 1:11+12) AFTER his conversion in Acts 9. Note that Christ preached the Gospel of God; in Mark 1:14-15, which is gospel #1 above.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Gal 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Hi BB,

The word `gospel,` means `good news` as you well know. Now the 12 disciples knew `good news` and they were told to witness of it - `Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

The 12 disciples however did not know of further `good news,` which Christ the Head of the Body revealed to the apostle Paul. That is what we have received in his letters and epistles - further revelation from the Lord when He ascended to the Father and spoke by the Holy Spirit to His ministers in His Body.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BB,

The word `gospel,` means `good news` as you well know. Now the 12 disciples knew `good news` and they were told to witness of it - `Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus whom you crucified both Lord and Christ.` (Acts 2: 36)

The 12 disciples however did not know of further `good news,` which Christ the Head of the Body revealed to the apostle Paul. That is what we have received in his letters and epistles - further revelation from the Lord when He ascended to the Father and spoke by the Holy Spirit to His ministers in His Body.

Marilyn.

Paul reveals there is only one Gospel in the passage below, just as he did in Romans 1:16.

Proponents of modern Dispensational Theology often ignore these two passages in an attempt to make their Two Peoples of God doctrine work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,687.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul reveals there is only one Gospel in the passage below, just as he did in Romans 1:16.

Proponents of modern Dispensational Theology often ignore these two passages in an attempt to make their Two Peoples of God doctrine work.

Hi BaBerean,

Yes one Gospel, good news of Christ.

Care to share what you believe that is?

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Galatians 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul is actually saying if the gentiles are preached another gospel other than the one what they are receiving from Paul, let the preacher be accused.

He is not saying that there is ALWAYS ONLY one gospel.

• Agree
Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 1:8-9

8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Paul is actually saying if the gentiles are preached another gospel other than the one what they are receiving from Paul, let the preacher be accused.

He is not saying that there is ALWAYS ONLY one gospel.

The verse below written by Paul proves there is only one Gospel.

Paul did not use the word "gospels" in the verse above.

He used the singular "gospel".

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BaBerean,

Yes one Gospel, good news of Christ.

Care to share what you believe that is?

Marilyn.

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,036.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The verse below written by Paul proves there is only one Gospel.

Paul did not use the word "gospels" in the verse above.

He used the singular "gospel".

Paul is the minister to the gentiles, as agreed in Galatians 2:7-9, so yes there is only one gospel that is for the gentiles, which is the gospel of the uncircumcision.

He is not saying that THERE is only one gospel for EVERYONE. You are reading that into his letters.

If he is really saying that, then he would have rebuked James in Acts 21:18-25.

Upvote 0