Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The calls for Carlson to apologize are not efforts at reconciliation. An apology would only provide ammunition to those who want to get him off the air. They would take to an apology like a piranha takes to blood. An apology is a confession and a confession, is evidence. Carlson is simply not playing that game. Nobody really cares what he said 10+ years ago anyway - it's what he's saying right now that's at issue.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The calls for Carlson to apologize are not efforts at reconciliation. An apology would only provide ammunition to those who want to get him off the air. They would take to an apology like a piranha takes to blood. An apology is a confession and a confession, is evidence. Carlson is simply not playing that game. Nobody really cares what he said 10+ years ago anyway - it's what he's saying right now that's at issue.
This “no-one really cares about what was said ten years ago” isn’t going to age well, you know.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This “no-one really cares about what was said ten years ago” isn’t going to age well, you know.

It may well age better than speech policing of past utterances.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Confession? You don't need any confession when there's a recorded tape of him saying it.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And it's not a sin to be a misogynist jerk so TAKE THAT LIBERALS!!

Actually it isn't a sin to be a misogynist jerk. Not that what Carlson said makes him one.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Confession? You don't need any confession when there's a recorded tape of him saying it.

They wanted him to confess that speaking his mind was wrong, just because they don't like what he had to say. Of course no arguments are being put forward as to why he was wrong. It's just point and sputtering. Pointing and sputtering is not an argument, though.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They wanted him to confess that speaking his mind was wrong, just because they don't like what he had to say. Of course no arguments are being put forward as to why he was wrong. It's just point and sputtering. Pointing and sputtering is not an argument, though.
Defending underage marriage and a convicted pedophile, making racist, and misogynistic remarks, calling women ugly and primitive and dumb... I mean.. have you even heard any of the clips? They pretty much speak for themselves.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that's what I'm saying... TAKE THAT LIBERALS!

Are you sure? Idk. I wouldn't say those things if I were trying to impress a lady.

Why do you keep yelling take that liberals?
Are you suggesting that if one does not impress a lady one must be a misogynistic jerk? I would propose that to determination that a person is a misogynistic jerk based upon one or two sentences that the person uttered on a shock jock radio show several years ago is a bit too simplistic and doctrinaire for my taste. It seems an opinion one might hear from a politically correct ideologue that IMO seems very much like, if not identical to, an extreme form of intolerant religious orthodoxy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you keep yelling take that liberals?
Because check mate liberals. The Tuck goes to heaven anyway.

Are you suggesting that if one does not impress a lady one must be a misogynistic jerk?
No no. I'm saying repeating some of The Tuck's statements from that show back to a lady won't really win them over.

I would propose that to determination that a person is a misogynistic jerk based upon one or two sentences that the person uttered on a shock jock radio show several years ago is a bit too simplistic and doctrinaire for my taste. It seems an opinion one might hear from a politically correct ideologue that IMO seems very much like, if not identical to, an extreme form of intolerant religious orthodoxy.
It was a bit more than one or two sentences. Personally, I love when a person opens up candidly and you really get to see and hear what they think. Then others get a chance to respond accordingly.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because check mate liberals. The Tuck goes to heaven anyway.

No no. I'm saying repeating some of The Tuck's statements from that show back to a lady won't really win them over.

It was a bit more than one or two sentences. Personally, I love when a person opens up candidly and you really get to see and hear what they think. Then others get a chance to respond accordingly.

Do you really think liberals would be terribly disappointed if a conservative was not consigned to hell? I did not think their need for Schadenfreude was that intense.

If one wants people to open up and reveal their actual thoughts one needs to stop pushing political correctness and refrain from thought and speech policing. Threatening people with loss of employment is not how one gets them to be candid.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you really think liberals would be terribly disappointed if a conservative was not consigned to hell?
Why would I want to sentence anyone to work in the Trump White House? I don’t dislike anyone that much. Well, maybe one or two....

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you really think liberals would be terribly disappointed if a conservative was not consigned to hell? I did not think their need for Schadenfreude was that intense.
You could maybe not read so much into the part of my comment that was meant to be a joke.

If one wants people to open up and reveal their actual thoughts one needs to stop pushing political correctness and refrain from thought and speech policing. Threatening people with loss of employment is not how one gets them to be candid.
Oh, I totally agree. He should keep his job. He seems to fit right in at FOX.

Upvote 0