Visit site
✟1,356,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m sharing this here with you from my time of personal devotions with my Lord Jesus Christ, for your encouragement. Sue Love

The truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ says that if we want to come after Christ that we must deny self, take up our cross daily, and follow (obey) him. It says that we must be crucified with Christ in death to sin and be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life in him, that sin should have no more dominion over us, and that we should now no longer live as slaves (addicts) to sin but as slaves to God and to his righteousness.

It also teaches us that if we continue in deliberate and habitual sin, as a matter of practice, as slaves (addicts) to sin, and if we do not walk (in conduct, in practice) according to the Spirit, in obedience to our Lord, in submission to his will, in righteousness and holiness, that we don’t know God and that we will not inherit eternal life with God regardless of what professions of faith we might make in Jesus Christ with our lips.

Therefore, we cannot claim God’s forgiveness of our sins and his pouring out of his blessings over our lives and claim Jesus as Savior and Lord and heaven as our eternal home, and that we are in relationship with the Lord and that he listens to our prayers if we are still living in deliberate and habitual sin against the Lord. And we can’t claim ignorance of his commands, especially if we have known the truth for a very long time.

So, if you want to be certain of your salvation from sin and have the hope of eternal life with God in heaven you must repent of (turn away from) your life of living in sin and for self, and you must now follow Jesus Christ in obedience to his commands (New Covenant). You must submit to Christ as Lord of your life and no longer live in habitual sin. For if sin is what you practice you will die in your sins. You will not inherit eternal life with God.

[Lu 9:23-26; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-17; Eph 4:17-24; Tit 2:11-14; Rom 12:1-2; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Rom 2:6-8; Eph 5:3-6; Matt 7:21-23; 1 Pet 2:24; 1 Co 6:9-10,19-20; 2 Co 5:10,15,21; Col 3:5-10; Heb 10:26-27; 1 Jn 1:5-9; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

• Agree
Reactions: GDL