The Truth is consistent and does not change.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We all know when someone is telling the truth because the truth remains consistent and does not change. For example in 1655 Bishop Ussher published his book that remains steadfast, consistant and true today. The Books of Moses remains steadfast and true today from the beginning. This can not be said for Darwin and a lot of what Science use to believe was true. Even our text books at the best universities are going through constant revisions.

Bishop Ussher's book has to do with Young Earth Creationism or YEC. Moses was born on the 15 day of the first month at midnight in 1491 BC. Moses gave us the Pentateuch – the five books of Torah. All of this remains steadfast and true today. Jesus warns us to beware of the Traditions of man and the leaven of the Pharisees. This all has to do with people's understanding of the Bible. The translations and interpretations do not have the authority that the original language and original authors have.

The Bishop talks about the First Age from Adam to Noah. From his perspective Adam was the beginning of the world and Adam lived in 4004 BC. Bishop Usher calls his book "Annals of the World". Annals means record of events. For the Bishop there were no recorded events before Adam. This means Adam was the beginning of recorded history and this is where the Bishop begins his book is with Adam. We learn about Adam and Eve in the Garden in Eden.

The Second Age of the World is from Noah to Abraham. Noah was 601 years old on 27th day of the second month (Thursday December 18) when the earth was dry and Noah left the Ark. This was in 2348 BC. Man's lifespan was now limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3) Before the flood the body did not age as rapidly as people did after the flood. A famous event during the second age of the World was the tower tower of Babylon (Babel). This took place in 2247 BC after Eber was 34 years old, in the days of Peleg his son. The foundation for the tower is still there in Iran today. The solders stationed there like to visit the site of the ancient city and take pictures on the ruins of what was the tower. Saddam Hussein tried to rebuild the tower but he was not able to. He did not get very far with his construction project.

The Third Age was from Abraham to Moses. The fourth age from Moses to David / Solomon when the Temple was built. The fifth age from David to Nebuzaradan / Daniel when Solomon's temple was tore down. The sixth age was from Daniel to when Christ was born in 5 BC. There are 960 pages in Bishop Ushers book. They have to do with the History of the World (recorded history) from Adam to Christ Jesus. Bishop Ussher uses the Bible and history books that were available to him at the time but are no longer available to us today.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: drjean

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We all know when someone is telling the truth because the truth remains consistent and does not change.

So when a Muslim tells me the Quran is absolute truth, I should believe them too?

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Modernists, NWOs, Globalists and the like have consistently worked--and mainly succeeded--in convincing the world that there is more than one truth. They insist that we each have our own truth, and one should tolerate every else's truth above your own truth. This is the devil's way to try and distort GOD'S TRUTH Who is Jesus the Christ. "for I AM the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life, no man comes to the Father except by me."

Truth does not change. As for other faiths, their views often change, or are changeable within ...even the qu'ran whose god is known for changing "his mind" and being a "trickster" who does mean spirited things to his believers "because he can, and he enjoys it" as ex-muslims have shared with me.

As for evolution, the TRUTH of that matter is that none of the major steps of evolution have EVER been recapitulated in the lab.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We all know when someone is telling the truth because the truth remains consistent and does not change. For example in 1655 Bishop Ussher published his book that remains steadfast, consistant and true today. The Books of Moses remains steadfast and true today from the beginning. This can not be said for Darwin and a lot of what Science use to believe was true. Even our text books at the best universities are going through constant revisions.

Bishop Ussher's book has to do with Young Earth Creationism or YEC. Moses was born on the 15 day of the first month at midnight in 1491 BC. Moses gave us the Pentateuch – the five books of Torah. All of this remains steadfast and true today. Jesus warns us to beware of the Traditions of man and the leaven of the Pharisees. This all has to do with people's understanding of the Bible. The translations and interpretations do not have the authority that the original language and original authors have.

The Bishop talks about the First Age from Adam to Noah. From his perspective Adam was the beginning of the world and Adam lived in 4004 BC. Bishop Usher calls his book "Annals of the World". Annals means record of events. For the Bishop there were no recorded events before Adam. This means Adam was the beginning of recorded history and this is where the Bishop begins his book is with Adam. We learn about Adam and Eve in the Garden in Eden.

The Second Age of the World is from Noah to Abraham. Noah was 601 years old on 27th day of the second month (Thursday December 18) when the earth was dry and Noah left the Ark. This was in 2348 BC. Man's lifespan was now limited to 120 years (Genesis 6:3) Before the flood the body did not age as rapidly as people did after the flood. A famous event during the second age of the World was the tower tower of Babylon (Babel). This took place in 2247 BC after Eber was 34 years old, in the days of Peleg his son. The foundation for the tower is still there in Iran today. The solders stationed there like to visit the site of the ancient city and take pictures on the ruins of what was the tower. Saddam Hussein tried to rebuild the tower but he was not able to. He did not get very far with his construction project.

The Third Age was from Abraham to Moses. The fourth age from Moses to David / Solomon when the Temple was built. The fifth age from David to Nebuzaradan / Daniel when Solomon's temple was tore down. The sixth age was from Daniel to when Christ was born in 5 BC. There are 960 pages in Bishop Ushers book. They have to do with the History of the World (recorded history) from Adam to Christ Jesus. Bishop Ussher uses the Bible and history books that were available to him at the time but are no longer available to us today.
First age? Second age? Third age? I agree with you premise in that truth does not change... but God and His word are absolute truth and I don't see Him breaking up periods of time and calling them "ages." God knew before He made Adam that Adam would fall and EVERYTHING God did from then on was geared around redeeming His creation. So there is a consistent progression from Adam through Yeshua and into today and beyond that doesn't need to be broken into tiny segments so we can better grasp it.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when a Muslim tells me the Quran is absolute truth, I should believe them too?
I am not qualified to comment on the Quran. We are told in 2Cor3:6 that the letter of the law killeth but the Spirit gives us life. As I already said we have to be careful with translations and interpretations. Jesus warns us about the traditions of man and the Leaven of the Phrases. John warns us not to add to or take away from the Book of the Bible.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
John warns us not to add to or take away from the Book of the Bible.

IIRC, that's in specific reference to the prophesy of Revelation not the Bible as a whole. The Bible after all is collection of written works that was gradually decided on to determine which to treat as canon.

As I already said we have to be careful with translations and interpretations. Jesus warns us about the traditions of man and the Leaven of the Phrases.

And yet, how many different denominations of Christianity are there?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't see Him breaking up periods of time and calling them "ages."
His book has chapters and sections. That is the way he organizes his book so people can better understand. Just like we have chapters and verses. Otherwise it would all be one run on sentence. There are also lots of Appendix. There is a whole lot there for people to study and something for everyone. I use his book all the time for reference and to get the dates of Bible events.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

I'd like to think of truth as a Person, i.e., the Lord Jesus. Peace in Him :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God being consistent and the giver of prophecy I need something explained to me.

Of all the time prophecies given they have a beginning and and an end that are continuous with the exception of the 70 week prophecy of Daniel. WHY? IF the "gap" theory is true then GOD is not consistent.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We all know when someone is telling the truth because the truth remains consistent and does not change.

So the truthful answer to the question "Who is the President of the United States" would be the same now as it was 2 years ago?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The consistent statement is true as GOD does not change. From Adam and Eve to the the end of the Judgement all are saved by GRACE.
Yes so no man can boast in himself. There are rewards or crowns that we will receive. They say we will throw our crowns at the feet of Jesus.

Rev 4 " They cast their crowns before the throne, saying: 11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You Created all things; by Your Will they exist, and came to be.”

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
His book has chapters and sections. That is the way he organizes his book so people can better understand. Just like we have chapters and verses. Otherwise it would all be one run on sentence. There are also lots of Appendix. There is a whole lot there for people to study and something for everyone. I use his book all the time for reference and to get the dates of Bible events.
No, we added the chapters... His "book" is on scrolls and come from various inspired authors. I will make this simpler... you broke up those sections in the OP and called them "ages." Where in the bible alone does God call each of those "segments" ages?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So the truthful answer to the question "Who is the President of the United States" would be the same now as it was 2 years ago?

Straw man statement where is your common sense. The truth is we elect a president every four years that is the truth and the outcome varies.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we added the chapters.
I was talking about Bishop Usshers book: "The Annals of the World". You are talking about the books we received from Moses. We know with the Bible God watches over His word to perform and to do what He says He will do. Jeremiah 1:12b "I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled."

Bishop Ussher was a workman: "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2Timothy2:15

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about Bishop Usshers book: "The Annals of the World". You are talking about the books we received from Moses. We know with the Bible God watches over His word to perform and to do what He says He will do. Jeremiah 1:12b "I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled."

Bishop Ussher was a workman: "Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2Timothy2:15
I have his book. Your OP, though, broke spaces of time down dispensationally in ways God does not. That is all I am saying. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Usshers book, it is an AMAZING work, but that doesn't mean he is correct in every connection he makes or conclusions he draws.

Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that doesn't mean he is correct in every connection he makes or conclusions he draws.
There are two passages we can look at. In Ezekiel 33 we learn about the watchman and what his responsibility is. In Rev 3:16 we read: "So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." In the Bible College I attended they teach this means people do not lose their salvation. These are people that are saved but they are not used by God and they do not represent God. "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14. Many are called to the ministry but few answer that call and pay the price in sanctification and Holiness to be qualified to be used by God. There is a price to be paid and not everyone is willing to pay that price to receive rewards. Salvation is a free gift though so that no one can boast in themselves. I believe Bishop Ussher was used by God in the way we can all be used if we are willing to live a Holy and Sanctified before God. As Peter says: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1Peter2:9

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are two passages we can look at. In Ezekiel 33 we learn about the watchman and what his responsibility is. In Rev 3:16 we read: "So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth." In the Bible College I attended they teach this means people do not lose their salvation. These are people that are saved but they are not used by God and they do not represent God. "For many are called, but few are chosen." Matthew 22:14. Many are called to the ministry but few answer that call and pay the price in sanctification and Holiness to be qualified to be used by God. There is a price to be paid and not everyone is willing to pay that price to receive rewards. Salvation is a free gift though so that no one can boast in themselves. I believe Bishop Ussher was used by God in the way we can all be used if we are willing to live a Holy and Sanctified before God. As Peter says: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." 1Peter2:9
I agree that the many are called and few are chosen is about the work and not called to Him per se. The seed is a number no man can count and will be in the millions, hundreds of millions... but still a small percentage based on world population (I tend to think the amount of a tithe). But don't forget, Israel was cut off after being brought into a covenant relationship with God. The idea that we can't be cut off is proven wrong by biblical history. Shalom.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Truth can be demonstrated independently from opinion with objective evidence. Feel free to demonstrate this truth, with the same.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0