✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
THE TRUTH ABOUT HALLOWEEN

Halloween was originally called “The Festival of Death”.

The Festival of Death originated South of Britain 300 years before the birth of Christ.

The main leaders over The Festival of Death we're called Druids, Which was a secret priestly society that ruled through terror and sorcery.

October 31st was their “New Year”. The Druids believed that at this time the old year died and the new year begun. It was also called the “Festival of Samhain” after their god of death Samhain. As a form of honor to Samhain many people were sacrificed to him in the evening with midnight being being the high moment for divination, sorcery, spirit-ism and sacrifices.

On that night the Druids dressed up in peculiar robes with magical markings and their heads covered with a large hollowed out turnip slung over their shoulders. The hallowed out turnip had an oil lamp burning inside and a hideous face carved on the outside of the turnip (the likeness of the demon that lived inside the turnip this was their spirit guide.

These Druid priests would go from door to door demanding certain foods, if the people gave them the food they would pass by but if not they placed a curse on the household of sickness, trouble or death.

When the Druids decreased the people continued the practice of Samhain themselves. Yet their version was to evoke good luck for the new year. They used divination to see what the new year held. One way they would do this was to “bob for apples”, the one that got the apple out would have good luck the next year.

During the eighth century the Pope in an attempt to stop this practice was to establish “All Saints Day”. Which was a day to honor the Christian martyrs. The people viewed this as an approval by the Church of Samhain.

This practice continues today yet is now known as Halloween.

Should a Christian practice something of this nature?

wait before you attack not done yet.

Reactions: Ajax 777

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Corinthians 2:11in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes.

Lev 20:6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

Deu 31:16 And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
Deu 31:17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?
Deu 31:18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
Exo 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Deu 7:25 The graven images of their gods shall ye burn with fire: thou shalt not desire the silver or gold that is on them, nor take it unto thee, lest thou be snared therein: for it is an abomination to the LORD thy God.
Deu 7:26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou be a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt utterly detest it, and thou shalt utterly abhor it; for it is a cursed thing.

Deu 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
Deu 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

Joh 3:19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

1Co 10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
1Co 10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 10:22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2Co 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
2Co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
Eph 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
Eph 5:10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

1Th 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

not yet hold on.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Synretism is the combining of two ideas into one. And my friends it don't work. God won't put up with it. He will not allow the church to celebrate the demonic and still claim Him as theirs.

No matter how it is explained away He is a jealous God.
Exo 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Copied from the other, now defunct, Halloween thread;

probinson said:
I do not "celebrate" Halloween, but neither do I prohibit my son from participating in (I believe) the harmless party and parade at his school. As a matter of fact, last night, we went out to Wal-Mart and picked up his Super Mario costume, and then when we got home, he put it on and posed for us. It was great fun for our whole family.

This morning before I left for work, he wanted to know if I was going to come to his parade and watch him. He's excited about it, not because it's the day to worship Satan, but because it's going to be a fun day for him where he and his classmates can dress up and walk around the school for all the parents to see.

With that said, nothing "warrants" this "holiday" in my mind any more than National Talk-Like-A-Pirate-Day is "warranted". It's just a fun day (because that's what we make it). Nothing more, nothing less.

I used to be dead set against Halloween, but I've come to believe that each day, holiday or otherwise, is what you make of it. I've had similar discussions with people who've felt it necessary to inform me of the evil and pagan origins of Christmas trees. But I don't really care what Christmas trees originally represented, or if they bear a resemblance to the asherah poles in Jeremiah. To our family, it is a symbol of how God has blessed us through the years, with a star atop in remembrance of the star that led the way to our Savior.

What I am trying to say is, the origins of Halloween are completely insignificant to me. I do not deny the origins of Halloween, nor do I deny that in isolated incidences, people use the day for evil, but that is all 100% irrelevant to the fun time that my child will have at school this Friday with his friends. No matter what the devil may have intended Halloween for, we intend it for good.

That is my view as a parent. I realize that my view is not the only view, and so I absolutely respect other parents views to do as God leads them and as they see fit for their own children.

That said, it is unfortunate that many Christians do not respect the view I just presented as being valid. As you said in your last post, they believe they hold the monopoly on what is right concerning Halloween, and will disparage you if you dare to disagree with them.

cool.gif

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually the truth about Halloween is that it is an amalgamation of many traditions from many cultures from many time periods. It gets its name from "All Hallow's Eve", a Christian holiday, being the day before All Saint's Day. For Protestants it is also Reformation Day.

Trick or treating actually draws tradition from the Medieval tradition of people going door to door and offering prayers for the dead (a Catholic/Christian tradition) in exchange for food. Of course it also draws tradition from Samhain, The Day of the Dead, the Fall Equinox and other pagan traditions as well.

The simple truth of the matter is that the modern American version of kids dressing up and knocking on doors is a modern cultural tradition that is only known in a few countries around the world. It is not specifically or especially "Satanic" or "evil" any more than that which we assign to it. Christmas shares as much tradition and holiness for pagans as does Halloween.

If some are pricked in their conscience to not observe anything on Halloween then they should not. But it is no better or worse than any other Holliday which we observe, and is only as evil as what evil we assign or allow it to have.

In my house we certainly don't decorate with any of the spooky decorations, but we absolutely hand out candy to the local kids, and usually allow our kids to dress up and either go door to door or else to attend some of the local church Fall Festivals which are held that night for some fun.

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Halloween became all hallows eve or all saints day after the pope decided to put a stop to the practice of Samhain by setting up all saints/all hallows eve.

the people as I said became confused and decided that meant that the pope was Oking if you will the practice.

The children going door to door comes from the Druid priests going door to door. The carved out pumpkin comes from the carved out turnips.

Upvote 0

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, Renee, Halloween is not a holiday to celebrate, at least as it is celebrated today. Still, it is a good practice to use the celebration to glorify the Lord and do His work—in fact, what better day of the year to let our light shine? An old Chinese proverb says, “It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness.”

~Jim
It isn’t what a man doesn’t know that hurts him as much as what he knows that just ain’t so.

Upvote 0

BereanTodd

Missionary Heart
Nov 26, 2006
Houston, Tx
✟11,542.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Halloween became all hallows eve or all saints day after the pope decided to put a stop to the practice of Samhain by setting up all saints/all hallows eve.

the people as I said became confused and decided that meant that the pope was Oking if you will the practice.

The children going door to door comes from the Druid priests going door to door. The carved out pumpkin comes from the carved out turnips.

So I'm sure that you also have similar feelings about Christmas and Easter and the multitude of pagan origins and practices tied to each?

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
...October 31st was their “New Year”. The Druids believed that at this time the old year died and the new year begun. It was also called the “Festival of Samhain” after their god of death Samhain. ....

source?

"samhain" isn't a person or god, its a time of year, roughly means "summer's end" or "harvest festival". here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
THE TRUTH ABOUT HALLOWEEN

Halloween was originally called “The Festival of Death”.

The Festival of Death originated South of Britain 300 years before the birth of Christ.

The main leaders over The Festival of Death we're called Druids, Which was a secret priestly society that ruled through terror and sorcery.

October 31st was their “New Year”. The Druids believed that at this time the old year died and the new year begun. It was also called the “Festival of Samhain” after their god of death Samhain. As a form of honor to Samhain many people were sacrificed to him in the evening with midnight being being the high moment for divination, sorcery, spirit-ism and sacrifices.

No.

Samhain is simply the end of summer. It is not a demon

Sorry renee, this article is complete and utter untruth

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, I've been a member of this forum for almost 8 years now and I have never seen such a battle against Halloween as what I've seen this last week here. What the heck is going on here? Several threads all warning us againsrt the dangers of this holiday? Really?

All I can say is welcome to religion. Only a religious person would flip out over Halloween. Yeah, there are a few occult groups who worship this day but it doesn't mean a thing.

Tricks or treats people, get a grip!!

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wow, I've been a member of this forum for almost 8 years now and I have never seen such a battle against Halloween as what I've seen this last week here. What the heck is going on here? Several threads all warning us againsrt the dangers of this holiday? Really?

All I can say is welcome to religion. Only a religious person would flip out over Halloween. Yeah, there are a few occult groups who worship this day but it doesn't mean a thing.

Tricks or treats people, get a grip!!

What kills me is how often people say their thread/information/opinion/thesis/whatever is the real truth about Halloween.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No thanks. Call me a killjoy, but Jesus is all I want to celebrate.
OK, but in my opinion I think you should work harder at trying to emulate Jesus than celebrating him like you do. Just an observation...

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
OK, but in my opinion I think you should work harder at trying to emulate Jesus than celebrating him like you do. Just an observation...

epic. but remember, among certain christians, the concept of "fun" is not well understood.

Reactions: gratefulgrace
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.