• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Truth about Evolution: Revealed Today

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Split Rock, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Split Rock

Split Rock Conflation of Blathers

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I think its about time that I tell everyone here the truth about the theory of evolution. It is time. We in science all know that common descent or macro-evolution just doesn't work. It wasn't long after Darwin convinced the scientific community that evolution was the scientific answer to the origin of species that we found out we had been led up the wrong tree, so to speak. The transitional fossils that should exist in the fossil record don't. Vestigial organs aren't actually vestigial. Even similarities between DNA sequences are just that.. similarities.

Many of you may have seen so-called "transitional fossils" in museums or websites. They are mostly either just odd species, or stuff made up of plaster. Most of what you see in museums are plaster, not real fossil bones. When a new one is invented, we all get a kick out of how easily the public accepts them. A recent example is "Tiktaalik." This guy stuck some different fossils together to come up with a "fishapod." A fishapod! Hilarious! Occasionally, some one spills the beans on one of these, like with Piltdown Man or Archaeoraptor, but usually, the media and the public accept these things because, well.. we are scientists after all.

There is a tacit agreement among scientists that we keep the whole evolution thing going, because we don't want to loose our funding or our jobs. Everyone is in on it, but we don't talk about it much. I just thought you guys deserved to hear the truth for once.

Sorry for any inconvenience. :wave:

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Your brand of sarcasm, as usual, makes my day! :wave:

3. Papias

Papias Listening to TW4

+966
    Catholic
    Married
    AV wrote:

Yes, that's it! It makes my day too. My exact day, this very date.

In Christ-

Papias

4. lewiscalledhimmaster

lewiscalledhimmaster georgemacdonald.info

+56
    Seeker
    Private
    UK-Greens
    You have a marvelously developed sense of humor, I am so glad that you've finally decided to come out of the closet. ^_^

5. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes, indeed!

I believe it's National Atheist Day today, is it not?

6. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Rocky has a wonderful sense of humor!

For example:

7. selfinflikted

selfinflikted Under Deck

+741
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Haha! Good one, Split Rock.

4.25/5 stars

8. Mr Strawberry

Mr Strawberry Newbie

+64
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    I was going to say "you couldn't make it up", but you didn't have to. Every word has been said many times by god's special smurfs on this very board.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015
  9. lewiscalledhimmaster

lewiscalledhimmaster georgemacdonald.info

+56
    Seeker
    Private
    UK-Greens
    Strawberry fields forever!

10. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    ^_^ ... Some of your retorts have a wit about them that is unique.

11. crjmurray

crjmurray The Bear. Not The Bull.

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    Poor Lewis.... He can only speak in 60s era song lyrics now.

12. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Don't scientists today still manufacture Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds in their labs?

And when they aren't, aren't they trying to get it legitimized for ... you know ... medical reasons?

13. Papias

Papias Listening to TW4

+966
    Catholic
    Married
    AV wrote:

Yes,perhaps! Though to be nice, I'll leave it with......

14. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Regular Member

+10,909
    Atheist
    Single
    Not any that I know of. Though I am sure that there are a few. But it is immoral to even imply that the actions of a very few are the actions of a larger group. You would hate to see what we could do with Christianity if that was a legitimate way to argue.

15. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You mean like the Salem Witch trials?
    I already know what you guys can do with Christianity -- legitimately or otherwise.

16. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    [ deleted ]

17. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    APRIL FOOLS!!

:p :p :p

(I don't think I fooled anyone, though... :( )

18. crjmurray

crjmurray The Bear. Not The Bull.

+1,133
    Deist
    Private
    You Ol Rascal!!!!!

19. AV1611VET

+42,005
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    ^_^ ... You got me! I thought you were just being sarcastic!

20. Split Rock

+649
    Agnostic
    Single
    I am the egg man, they are the egg men.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob!