Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Christian University is producing an 85-minute feature film that will be shown in over 1,000 cinemas highlighting the prophecy of a man who says he heard the voice of God, concerning the greatness of The United States and its president, Donald Trump.

The 'prophet' is Mark Taylor who has been a featured guest on the Jim Bakker show. The University is 'Liberty' of Jerry Falwell fame, and the producer is ReelWorks Studios, which also helped produce John Hagees 'Four Blood Moons' documentary.

Will you be going?

The Trump Prophecy

Last edited:
Reactions: 4x4toy
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:eek: Uh...no, not a chance. Why would a Christian boast in such a manner? It strikes me as self-accolades pointing to men, rather than God. Sorry, but that's how I sees it. Jim Bakker has a controversial history himself. Is he still selling doomsday bunker meals?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A Christian University is producing an 85-minute feature film that will be shown in over 1,000 cinemas highlighting the prophecy of a man who says he heard the voice of God, concerning the greatness of The United States and its president, Donald Trump.

The 'prophet' is Mark Taylor who has been a featured guest on the Jim Bakker show. The University is 'Liberty' of Jerry Falwell fame, and the producer is ReelWorks Studios, which also helped produce John Hagees 'Four Blood Moons' documentary.

Will you be going?

The Trump Prophecy
This is likely to be a slam on a Brother in Christ - but if you take the time to learn about the prophecy Mark gave back in 2011 and it has come true exactly as he said it would - he did not promote himself - there were many others who pushed him into the spotlight after his prophecy came true - not just that Trump would win , but the vile hatred he would get as a result and many other things - to blast or criticize a brother in Christ without proof is going against Almighty God himself

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IDK... I get torn between supporting all "Christian" movies so they make money (theaters) and show more of them... that way we get more to choose... and just not going to ones that don't interest me. I respect Liberty University but would like more details on how/why they are producing it. Jim Bakker is out of prison and working? Go figure.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
IDK... I get torn between supporting all "Christian" movies so they make money (theaters) and show more of them... that way we get more to choose... and just not going to ones that don't interest me. I respect Liberty University but would like more details on how/why they are producing it. Jim Bakker is out of prison and working? Go figure.
Lots of people have down worse and gotten away with it, no prison time. They may have made an example of him because of him being a Christian.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Did you know it was Billy Grahams family that helped him - and after hearing the details of what happened to him - he did not do half of what they claimed he did , I used to dislike him until I found out what really happened , still don't agree with some of the things he says ,

• Useful
Reactions: Stormy
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suppose we're discussing Bakker right now, not Trump? Bakker was not a Christian when he and his wife were running their show and scam. Yes, he tasted but didn't repent: he was caught!

As for the Grahams, well that's nice but a reflection upon who they were not the Bakkers. Unfortunately the grandson Tullian Tchividjian, also went the crooked path. I have forgiven him for splitting my church and leaving me without any place to go...but he will never be a worker for God again, just like Bakker, imo.

Again, I'd like to know the details of the agreement with Liberty to produce it---are they donating to the movie curriculum and offering the production to them or what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is likely to be a slam on a Brother in Christ - but if you take the time to learn about the prophecy Mark gave back in 2011 and it has come true exactly as he said it would - he did not promote himself - there were many others who pushed him into the spotlight after his prophecy came true - not just that Trump would win , but the vile hatred he would get as a result and many other things - to blast or criticize a brother in Christ without proof is going against Almighty God himself

Nah, it's called discernment, it's a gift of the Spirit. Steer clear of Bakker is the message I have received. So no, I won't be supporting this, though I voted for Trump, and unless he is removed from office or assassinated, will be again in 2020. What difference does it make even if this guy had a vision and it came true? Seriously, explain what you think it proves.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nah, it's called discernment, it's a gift of the Spirit. Steer clear of Bakker is the message I have received. So no, I won't be supporting this, though I voted for Trump, and unless he is removed from office or assassinated, will be again in 2020. What difference does it make even if this guy had a vision and it came true? Seriously, explain what you think it proves.
God gave scriptures that in the end times there would be people that prophecy , why do you have a problem with a man who is humble , you have never heard him talk -
It is not about Jim Bakker as he never heard of the guy and only had him on his show because his personal doctor and wife told Bakker of the prophecy and suggested that he be on the show

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God gave scriptures that in the end times there would be people that prophecy , why do you have a problem with a man who is humble , you have never heard him talk -

We've been living in the end times since from the time Christ walked the earth. I am not so sure the gift of prophecy remained in operation after the passing of the Apostles, and I also think we might have a different understanding of that gift assuming it is still in operation. I don't have a problem with any man that is humble, but if a man were humble, I would know the source of his humility, and I know what man is in himself. You would be right about me having never heard him talk. What I do have a problem with, are self-proclaimed prophets, and I do hope he takes it very very seriously, I would not want such an office or the responsibilities that come with it. I would be very slow to speak, and very careful with such a gift.

It is not about Jim Bakker as he never heard of the guy and only had him on his show because his personal doctor and wife told Bakker of the prophecy and suggested that he be on the show

Several years ago I lived within a couple of miles from Bakkers previous studio, he still lives in close proximity to the general area where I live. Why would this humble guy want to, or agree to be on Bakker's show? Does he not know anything about the man? I wouldn't want to be associated with Bakker, even if he's repented and changed, he still has tendencies towards those sins. It's too easy to manipulate people under the banner of religion, we're supposed to assume the best, and therein lies the problem and weakness certain types will exploit.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"
"Things came together quickly, and our production timeline began to take shape. We shot in Lynchburg, Virginia—working with several faculty and upper-class film students from Liberty University's film department in a mentoring capacity with our professional film crew.
"

OKay.... here's the backdrop to the "prophecy" ... PTSd?

"

'The Trump Prophecy' Coming to the Big Screen
4:00PM EDT 5/21/2018 Jaquelyn Marushka

Jim-Bakker-Mark-Taylor.JPG

Jim Bakker, left, talks with Mark Taylor, right. (Jim Bakker Show/YouTube)

On April 28, 2011, Mark Taylor—a recently retired firefighter—woke at 2 a.m. Unable to return to sleep, he turned on his TV. Clicking through channels, he stopped at C-Span. The man on his screen was Donald Trump.

At that moment Mark heard God say, "You are hearing the voice of the next president." Little did Mark know several dozen video recordings of others documented that they also heard the same message and were equally convinced it came from God.

Years later, while receiving treatments for post-traumatic stress—remnants from his work as a firefighter—Mark's therapist, Dr. Don Colbert, an expert in the treatment of PTS, asked permission to share Mark's unusual journal entry with his wife, an international ministry networker, Mary Colbert. Mary immediately recognized the rhythm and cadence of the April 28 journal entry as a message that was very important and special."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We've been living in the end times since from the time Christ walked the earth. I am not so sure the gift of prophecy remained in operation after the passing of the Apostles, and I also think we might have a different understanding of that gift assuming it is still in operation. I don't have a problem with any man that is humble, but if a man were humble, I would know the source of his humility, and I know what man is in himself. You would be right about me having never heard him talk. What I do have a problem with, are self-proclaimed prophets, and I do hope he takes it very very seriously, I would not want such an office or the responsibilities that come with it. I would be very slow to speak, and very careful with such a gift.

Several years ago I lived within a couple of miles from Bakkers previous studio, he still lives in close proximity to the general area where I live. Why would this humble guy want to, or agree to be on Bakker's show? Does he not know anything about the man? I wouldn't want to be associated with Bakker, even if he's repented and changed, he still has tendencies towards those sins. It's too easy to manipulate people under the banner of religion, we're supposed to assume the best, and therein lies the problem and weakness certain types will exploit.
End times as in very close to Jesus return - if you do not understand that - well that is on you - i have no intention in addressing any questions on that
Why don't you go find Marks video and listen to him - if you are not interested in doing that then you are judging a person based on your dislike to an unrelated person - Jesus says that when you judge people the same measure of

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lots of people have down worse and gotten away with it, no prison time. They may have made an example of him because of him being a Christian.
Uh huh. The kind of Christian that swindles people and has sex with their secretaries?

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Mark Taylor who predictedd Trump would win also prophecied that Trump would betray the American people.
Any details or source on this , I just watched videos that was titled that Trump would do that and there was not a word at all about - 2 videos claim this but neither has anything at all on it

Upvote 0