loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trump Presidency Is Over
When, in January 2016, I wrote that despite being a lifelong Republican who worked in the previous three GOP administrations, I would never vote for Donald Trump, even though his administration would align much more with my policy views than a Hillary Clinton presidency would, a lot of my Republican friends were befuddled. How could I not vote for a person who checked far more of my policy boxes than his opponent?

What I explained then, and what I have said many times since, is that Trump is fundamentally unfit—intellectually, morally, temperamentally, and psychologically—for office. For me, that is the paramount consideration in electing a president, in part because at some point it’s reasonable to expect that a president will face an unexpected crisis—and at that point, the president’s judgment and discernment, his character and leadership ability, will really matter.
tulc(is just back from getting more coffee) :coffee:

• Friendly
Reactions: Broken Fence

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When did he resign? I missed it.
...I think it was about the time he decided he was the REAL VICTIM!! (tm) in every situation that ever came up while he's been in office. :wave:
tulc(could be wrong about that though) :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is Peter Wehner
Peter Wehner - Wikipedia
and why should I care?
Well...to be fair you're the one asking a question about him so whether you care about who he is, up to you. I just posted something I thought was interesting from someone I probably disagreed with for the previous 8 years (he was/is not a President Obama fan) but what he wrote here is something I can agree with. :wave:
tulc(just posts things he finds interesting, people caring or not isn't really up to him) ;)

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are too many people who don't care about either truth or the Constitution.

That is unfortunately very true, among both Democratic and Republican voters. Too many care only about "my guy" or "my group" winning the election, and not enough about choosing highly-qualified candidates.

A couple more election cycles like this, with people prioritizing blaming the other side without considering the best interests of the country as a whole, and we'll be well on our way to becoming a third world country.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...I think it was about the time he decided he was the REAL VICTIM!! (tm) in every situation that ever came up while he's been in office. :wave:
tulc(could be wrong about that though) :)

Last I looked Trump was still in office. Are we seeing another " pants on fire" headline here?

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Uh, no. It will end when someone else officially takes over. Last I checked, that hasn't happened yet.
Apparently the President spent part of the weekend in the safety of the White House basement bunker - meanwhile Biden was acting "presidential," talking to protesters and leaders of the "black" community!

Even if by some miracle Trump were to be re-elected, large segments of American society have already written him off as a lost cause and the next 4 years would be plagued by civil unrest and a nation caught in a downward spiral - becoming less and less great again by the day!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Vanellus

Sep 15, 2014
✟115,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
These allegedly clever comments that Trump is still president miss the point of the linked article from Atlantic magazine. I wonder how many posters actually read it since there is zero engagement in this thread so far about how Trump has handled the coronavirus crisis which was the substance of the article e.g.
That said, the president and his administration are responsible for grave, costly errors, most especially the epic manufacturing failures in diagnostic testing, the decision to test too few people, the delay in expanding testing to labs outside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and problems in the supply chain. These mistakes have left us blind and badly behind the curve, and, for a few crucial weeks, they created a false sense of security. What we now know is that the coronavirus silently spread for several weeks, without us being aware of it and while we were doing nothing to stop it. Containment and mitigation efforts could have significantly slowed its spread at an early, critical point, but we frittered away that opportunity.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
These allegedly clever comments that Trump is still president miss the point of the linked article from Atlantic magazine.

As many presidents in the past have known, the real power of the presidency is the "bully pulpit"; the moral leadership that pulls Americans together.

Trump has forever lost that leadership. He will hang on a president for a while longer, even might get re-elected. But he's lost any claim to speak for Americans.

I wonder how many posters actually read it since there is zero engagement in this thread so far about how Trump has handled the coronavirus crisis which was the substance of the article e.g.

Trump rates himself a 10 out of 10. And he says he's taking no responsibility for the way the crisis was bungled.

Which describes his approach to everything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Last I looked Trump was still in office. Are we seeing another " pants on fire" headline here?
Donald J Trump wants to be President on his own terms, whereby he has never learned to accept responsibility his decisions unless they result in a positive outcome - which have been few and far between!

With over 1,800,000 testing positive and 105,000 deaths attributed to the pandemic, Trump is more concerned as to how authorities are posting warning on his twitter account - he appears totally incapable of expressing empathy for a nation that is lurching from one crisis to the next!

Given that this President will never admit to his mistakes, he can never learn from them - there is no evidence of personal growth and acquiring new skills and knowledge since taking office, because in "Donald J's" humble opinion how does one improve on perfection!

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Donald J Trump wants to be President on his own terms, whereby he has never learned to accept responsibility his decisions unless they result in a positive outcome - which have been few and far between!

With over 1,800,000 testing positive and 105,000 deaths attributed to the pandemic, Trump is more concerned as to how authorities are posting warning on his twitter account - he appears totally incapable of expressing empathy for a nation that is lurching from one crisis to the next!

Given that this President will never admit to his mistakes, he can never learn from them - there is no evidence of personal growth and acquiring new skills and knowledge since taking office, because in "Donald J's" humble opinion how does one improve on perfection!

And the headline is still "pants on fire"

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let's see - how many times has someone said the Trump Presidency is over?

Fire, pestilence and a country at war with itself: the Trump presidency is over | Robert Reich

Trump’s failed presidency

Trump’s Presidency is Over

Trump’s Breakdown

How coronavirus is destroying Donald Trump's presidency

Three pillars of Trump's case for reelection are collapsing all at once

Coronavirus will finish Trump’s presidency

The Trump Presidency Is in Free Fall

Trump's presidency is a train wreck. Let us count the ways

Well, the list goes on and on - When do you think they will ever get it right? They missed it all through the candidacy - then all through the election process and now almost four years of presidency and he is still there and his presidency has not ended as predicted.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As the Trump administration continues to crumble, we see Republicans starting to look nervously for the life jackets.

Washington (CNN)Secretary of Defense Mark Esper is on shaky ground with the White House after saying Wednesday that he does not support using active duty troops to quell the large-scale protests across the United States triggered by the death of George Floyd and those forces should only be used in a law enforcement role as a last resort.

Speaking from the Pentagon briefing room podium, Esper noted that "we are not in one of those situations now," distancing himself from President Donald Trump's recent threat to deploy the military to enforce order.
"The option to use active duty forces in a law enforcement role should only be used as a matter of last resort, and only in the most urgent and dire of situations. We are not in one of those situations now. I do not support invoking the Insurrection Act," he told reporters. Esper also distanced himself from a maligned photo-op outside St. John's Church.
Mark Esper: Pentagon chief on shaky ground with White House after breaking with Trump over protest response - CNNPolitics

After General Mattis finally had enough, and raked Trump over the coals for his unconstitutional use of troops on legally-assembled Americans, other conservatives joined in.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A handful of GOP senators spoke out Tuesday against President Donald Trump, criticizing his visit to a church after police removed peaceful demonstrators from a park near the White House. The remarks came even as most Republicans continued to avoid any disapproval of the president.

In a memorable scene captured live on television, police cleared Lafayette Park so Trump could walk to nearby St. John’s Church and pose with a Bible.

Trump’s actions drew widespread condemnation from Democrats and religious leaders who said he was misusing the Bible and the church where presidents have prayed for more than 150 years. Some Republicans joined in the criticism on Tuesday.

“There is no right to riot, no right to destroy others’ property ... but there is a fundamental — a Constitutional — right to protest, and I’m against clearing out a peaceful protest for a photo op that treats the Word of God as a political prop,″ said Nebraska Sen. Ben Sasse.
GOP senators offer rare rebuke of Trump on church visit

• Useful
Upvote 0