The Trump administration has tortured children, according to evaluations by physicians

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The trauma Donald Trump’s administration caused to young children and parents separated at the US-Mexico border constitutes torture, according to evaluations by the group Physicians for Human Rights (a Nobel peace prize winning NGO)

This made me weep. The entire family separation policy was designed to be cruel. That was literally the objective. It was a failure in reducing the number of asylum seekers. What it did was torture innocent children & break the hearts of their parents & siblings.

As a clinician, nobody was prepared for this to happen on our soil,” the report co-author Dr Ranit Mishori, senior medical adviser at PHR, told the Guardian. “It is beyond shocking that this could happen in the United States, by Americans, at the instruction and direct intention of US government officials.”

Legal experts have argued family separation constituted torture, but this is the first time a medical group has reached the determination.

Stephen Miller, who has no experience at all for the job but just the mindset to want to inflict this on ppl, has been determined to stop legal immigration. There are ppl desperately trying to escape torment from gangs who've severely harmed their families. Trump wants to designate cartels as terrorist organizations but also wants the victims of the cartels to not be allowed to seek asylum. They shouldn't be further traumatized on purpose by the Trump administration's warped policies. Kids are put into for-profit concentration camps where they're charged for the basic necessities of life. Phone calls are charged at a ludicrous premium. Girls are just bleeding on themselves when they start their periods bc they have no supplies. Ppl are sleeping in toilet stalls bc there's such overcrowding. The Trump administration literally tried to argue that soap & other total basics for hygiene weren't needed, to the incredulity & disgust of judges. They were denied flu shots even when the shots were offered for free. All of that is totally the opposite of what Christ said for us to do!!!! These are humans created in the image of God being dehumanized in the most warped ways. This is anti-life.

Teens have detailed horrific conditions & mistreatment. I feel terrible for them. My heart breaks the most for the little kids, the babies & the toddlers who ache for their families. They are so young their brains are still developing & this is causing permanent harm. It lowers the IQ, causes psychological issues (no duh!) & even puts them at a higher risk of cancer. There's no doubt this is causing severe harm to the unborn too.

I am hopeful that GOOD people are volunteering to help restore faith in humanity w these kids. Zoomers please join me & Ella in praying for these victims. If you're not a Zoomer please don't post here, but please DO join us in prayer!

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's a crime against humanity. And will be seen as such in the end.

It is a horrific crime against humanity. Thx for saying that straight out bc the worst of it all is when ppl are indifferent or they try to defend what is so cruel & indefensible. I cry every time I read about this, I can only imagine what it must be like to go through it.

Upvote 0