loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Trump Administration Doesn’t Care About Allies
The problem is not the process, it’s the policy. As former U.S. Envoy Brett McGurk explained the last time the president wrote off Syria, the most important consequence of this decision is the effect it will have on U.S. allies. The U.S. has achieved the territorial defeat of ISIS with only five U.S. combat deaths, while more the 10,000 members of the SDF forces were killed. We are, then, abandoning partners, Kurds and the SDF, that fought alongside us because we have similar interests—in order to placate the concerns of a partner, Turkey, that does not share our interests.

The sound of U.S. abandonment will be heard beyond the Middle East. The 81 countries participating in the anti-ISIS coalition who have not been given notice of the Trump administration’s decision will all be scrambling to get out of Syria and Iraq before U.S. assistance evaporates. It will be much harder to persuade those countries in the future to contribute to problems the U.S. wants solved, because we have disrespected their contributions and disregarded the political problems that explaining our actions to their citizens will create for them. We should also expect countries that are most reliant on U.S. security guarantees to search for alternatives—to the detriment of our interests on the Korean Peninsula, in Europe, and in Afghanistan.
tulc(interesting piece) :sigh:

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes this is terrible foreign policy. We have a history of pulling out and leaving our allies to their enemy. We did it in Vietnam for the same reasons—-Get the Troops home. I support not having our troops police the world. But I also support doing it responsibly and not making matters worse.

Democrats don’t have to push for impeachment. Trump just may have given them the foreign policy issue that will sink him at the polls next year with his own party.

Christianity Today posted this today:

Christians Killed on Syria’s Front Lines

I have a thread up on it too.

• Prayers
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
2020 looking better each day.

M-Bob
Yeah, I guess nothing makes President Trumps reelection look better and better then lots of dead former American allies in the middle east. :eek:
tulc(wonders if President Trump will use this as one of his reelection posters:
3648.jpg

or maybe this one:
turkey-civilians-ap-19283465694042.jpg

) :sigh:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, I guess nothing makes President Trumps reelection look better and better then lots of dead former American allies in the middle east. :eek:
tulc(wonders if President Trump will use this as one of his reelection posters:
3648.jpg

or maybe this one:
turkey-civilians-ap-19283465694042.jpg

) :sigh:

Thought you were against that war?
Now you're not?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thought you were against that war?
Oh M-Bob, the things you don't know about what I do or don't support could probably fill this whole board. But since this thread isn't really about me you're just going to have to continue to continue not knowing. :D

Now you're not?
M-Bob
So...you do or don't think President Trump should use those photos for his reelection campaign? :scratch:
tulc(thought M-Bob was thinking 2020 was looking better every day because of things like this?) :wave:

Upvote 0