Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have read a few of them, and they have always conveyed a very powerful evangelical message. "This is Your Life" is very true and powerful and puts our condition out there as plain as day.

I like the one about revival and how demons disrupt church services. I think that the author doesn't pack his punches, and 'easy believerist" folk don't like that very much. His tracts being conviction, something that is very lacking in many churches today.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not in support of their Halloween tracts.
They also had a few odd ones that I did not care for, as well.

I came to Jesus Christ as a result of "This Was Your Life."
So I am thankful to Jack Chick.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Daniel Marsh said:
I don't like chick tracks because chick has supported or printed unsavory people like John Todd, His older Big Daddy tract had lots of inaccurate information in it. He makes unbelievers look like fools or just plain weird.
One of his anti-catholic tracts has Rome as an island in the water. I met Chick once, and he was a mean person. Someone, I would not want to be friends with. I have met Atheists who's behavior is more Christian like than his mannerisms.
Please continue this conversation here, not in Cartoon tracts.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jason0047 said:
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in meeting Jack Chick. I never would have thought he would acted that way. Then again, I always thought his tracts needed to be balanced a bit more with love.
Please continue this conversation here, not in Cartoon tracts.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I used to like them when I was a new Christian.
An interesting fact: David Daniels of Chicktracts on YouTube has many videos where he says the entire Codex Sinaiticus is likely a fake. That is the version that most modern translations use as a source.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...the entire Codex Sinaiticus is likely a fake. That is the version that most modern translations use as a source.
Modern translations of the Bible...? How is that a Chick Tract issue?
If true, what Bible(s) does that leave us with?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I came to Jesus Christ as a result of "This Was Your Life."
So I am thankful to Jack Chick.

Really! I find that interesting. I used to pass around "This Was Your Life" years ago but got away from it. I always did think it was a powerful impact tract.

So how do you think about it today? Have you ever used it at all yourself in sharing the gospel? I wonder if different age groups would be more prone to read it seeing it is in comic form.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I like the one about revival and how demons disrupt church services. I think that the author doesn't pack his punches, and 'easy believerist" folk don't like that very much. His tracts being conviction, something that is very lacking in many churches today.
AND is not permitted in most forum sections today.

• Agree
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Discuss your grievances with Jack Chick's eponymous tracts here, instead of my Graphic Tracts thread.
I love Jack Chick's tracts:

0004_19.gif

Demon's Nightmare, A
Description: When a youth finds Christ, he becomes a nightmare for the demons trying to stop him. (Chick.com)

Those are fun little tracts, they do give you something to think about and the art work isn't bad. When I first became a Christian and was trying to understand the Bible, i always enjoyed finding a Chick tract somewhere, I've always thought they were comical.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really! I find that interesting. I used to pass around "This Was Your Life" years ago but got away from it. I always did think it was a powerful impact tract.

So how do you think about it today? Have you ever used it at all yourself in sharing the gospel? I wonder if different age groups would be more prone to read it seeing it is in comic form.

In the early 90’s: A friend of mine and myself used to leave these tracts in certain places. We would specifically go out and do that together for an hour or so.

Today, he has appeared to be as less passionate about the things of God than myself. I remember talking to him on the phone and he says they no longer work for this generation. Needless to say I disagreed with him. The point is that it shares the gospel message (Which is what we are supposed to be doing).

I hand them out in fast food drive throughs sometimes.

I think they are effective today; Especially seeing comics are more accepted because of comic book films (Not that I watch secular movies anymore).

I am planning to create my own comic tract at some point. I have come up with a few ideas; But I am praying for inspiration on it. I want it to be a little different. Most tracts lead people to the Lord, but they do not stress more the importance of walking in Him afterwards. They don’t teach that most churches today teach a sin and still be saved gospel. But I want to encourage them to love those that have it wrong. I would want to encourage them that they should not think like they are more superior like in the Parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. In other words, I want them to hate the sin and not the sinner.

Upvote 0

gym_class_hero

Dec 31, 2016
state of grace
✟122,069.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I became a Christian after another Marine gave me a tract in the chow hall and shared his faith with me. He asked me to read it and I said I would after he left. It was a gentle, effective way to introduce the Gospel to me. I haven't seen all the Chick ones but it can be an effective way to sow the seed.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love Jack Chick's tracts:

0004_19.gif

Demon's Nightmare, A
Description: When a youth finds Christ, he becomes a nightmare for the demons trying to stop him. (Chick.com)

Those are fun little tracts, they do give you something to think about and the art work isn't bad. When I first became a Christian and was trying to understand the Bible, i always enjoyed finding a Chick tract somewhere, I've always thought they were comical.

Yeah, his views are a little odd on how he imagines things. I think he ventured a little too far into this and he should have stuck more with presenting Scripture and God’s love. Yes, it is good he warned about hell, but he should have also spoke more about Christ’s love.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yeah, his views are a little odd on how he imagines things. I think he ventured a little too far into this and he should have stuck more with presenting Scripture and God’s love. Yes, it is good he warned about hell, but he should have also spoke more about Christ’s love.
Sorry?? His tracts are immersed in Christ's love and Scripture !

He did what others were afraid to do - speak out against blatant sin.

As written "open rebuke is better than hidden love".

Upvote 0

WannaWitness

Shining God's Light for a Lost World.
Aug 31, 2004
✟149,993.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I actually like some of the Chick tracts; in fact, a pretty good share of them (Somebody Loves Me, The Four Brothers, and Big Daddy for example) and a few I am not wild about. I like that they are in a mini-comic book style, so they are attention-grabbers for sure. I've even used some of them at times. I respectfully disagree with him on a couple of issues: there seemed to have been implications that Christians can't listen to any kind of contemporary music (rock, pop, etcetera) or read from any other Bible translation besides the King James Version. However, I have an appreciation for the late Jack Chick in that I know he was doing his best to minister the Word of God using these well-written little booklets. I mean no offense in any way; this is just my personal opinion.

I wish not to debate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
there seemed to have been implications that Christians can't listen to any kind of contemporary music (rock, pop, etcetera) or read from any other Bible translation besides the King James Version.
'the trouble with chick tracts' is that he is right.
People are offended , or convicted, one or the other....

re King James Version, that is best seen as
the KJV is better than any version that gives a wrong view of some truth;
and the tract is to influence people back towards truth.
Any version that gives the right view of the truth is fine.

re rock music, see David Wilkerson's sermons , text or youtube,
or others who disclose what Scripture says about worldly music.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,476.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Today, he has appeared to be as less passionate about the things of God than myself. I remember talking to him on the phone and he says they no longer work for this generation. Needless to say I disagreed with him. The point is that it shares the gospel message (Which is what we are supposed to be doing).

True. And if one is at least spreading the message at least they were "successful" in obeying the Lord.

I think they are effective today; Especially seeing comics are more accepted because of comic book films (Not that I watch secular movies anymore).

I do think seeing images can be powerful. The moving thing of "This Was Your Life" was to see the fear and terror on the man when it dawned on him what trouble he was in.

images

I am planning to create my own comic tract at some point. I have come up with a few ideas; But I am praying for inspiration on it. I want it to be a little different. Most tracts lead people to the Lord, but they do not stress more the importance of walking in Him afterwards. They don’t teach that most churches today teach a sin and still be saved gospel. But I want to encourage them to love those that have it wrong. I would want to encourage them that they should not think like they are more superior like in the Parable of the Tax Collector and the Pharisee. In other words, I want them to hate the sin and not the sinner.

Yeah maybe the story of the one caught in the act of adultery would be good too where Jesus says those wanting to condemn her, "He that is without sin let him cast the first stone!"

Upvote 0