The Trinity Explained In Scripture and some of my own words

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟92,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The Trinity attempted to be proved by both the Old Testament and the New Testament of The Bible (NKJV)

Note that there is a lot more in the Bible than what I have quoted. I have just scratched the surface on this one.... Russ

First the Old Testament:

Genesis 1:1-3 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. Let us first look at verse 1 Verse 1 says In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. That is the first part of the Trinity, God .. Verse 2 says that the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters, that is undeniably the third part of the Trinity, BUT was that third part a person or a Spiritual form? Further down we will rectify that verse. Verse 3 says Then God said, "Let there be light", and there was light. Not only was that the Word of God , but the Word was fulfilled, there was light. Genesis 3:8 And the heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, That suggests to me that God is a a person, proven in Genesis 1:26 The God said , "Let Us make man in our IMAGE, according to our likeness, Genesis 1:27 So God created man in His [own] IMAGE, in the IMAGE of GOD He created them; male and female He created them. That would suggest that God is a person, as we were created in His IMAGE, how could our image be created if God is a spirit? That is the truth from the OLD Testament.

Now we will look at the proof from the new Testament (In several spots)

John 1:1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name [was] John. This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. He was not that Light, but [was sent] to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. Self explanatory.

Hebrews 1:1-14 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For to which of the angels did He ever say: [" You are My Son,] [Today I have begotten You"]? And again: [" I will be to Him a Father,] [And He shall be to Me a Son"]? But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: [" Let all the angels of God worship Him."] And of the angels He says: [" Who makes His angels spirits] [And His ministers a flame of fire."] But to the Son [He says:] [" Your throne, O God,] [is] [forever and ever;] [A] [scepter of righteousness is] [the scepter of Your kingdom.] [You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness;] [Therefore God, Your God,] [has anointed You] [With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."] [ And:] [" You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth,] [And the heavens are the work of Your hands.] [They will perish, but You remain;] [And] [they will all grow old like a garment;] [Like a cloak You will fold them up,] [And they will be changed.] [But You are the] [same,] [And Your years will not fail."] [ But to which of the angels has He ever said:] [" Sit at My right hand,] [Till I make Your enemies Your footstool"?] [ Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?]

Here I have to point out two things, (1) Jesus is God (2) Jesus Himself if He is God He has no beginning or end, He was just simply in the flesh upon a given time on earth. He too is a person and the second part of the Trinity, as he was born human and ascended to Heaven as a human, yet fully God.

OK here is the proof from the above: Verse 8: But to the Son [He says:] [Your Throne, O God,] [is][forever and ever] , I am going to make a leap here and and ask this question , since God called Jesus God, and God was in heaven, yet Jesus was on earth , could it not have been the Holy Spirit that answered Him ? As I mentioned in the part of Genesis: God is a person , in Hebrews 1: 8, He said that Jesus is God, Hebrews 1:10 says "And You Lord , In the beginning , LAID the foundation of the Earth. That suggest to me that Jesus Himself created the earth and the heavens.

My conclusion: The trinity has to be 3 separate persons , yet one God, for if Jesus walked on the earth , he is both spiritual and a person, and if the Lord God walked the earth with Adam and Eve , He too is both a person and a spiritual being (God), that leaves the Holy Spirit, because Jesus in a way is also the Holy Spirit, (Genesis 1:3) He is also a person. And verse 8 of the above sums it up. The Father (God) calls Jesus God, Think about it , boy does the above ever make it complicated, but if you look at verse 8 and verse 10 then you know that all 3 (the Trinity) are God. I rest my case but encourage further conversation either proving or disproving what I have researched. Russ Campbell.

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My conclusion: The trinity has to be 3 separate persons , yet one God,
If you try to dig any deeper that that, it is almost certain to land you into one of the classic heresies.

We are told in scripture it is true.
We are NOT told how it works or what it looks like.
And here is another wrinkle in the topic:

Revelation 4:5
Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟92,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If you try to dig any deeper that that, it is almost certain to land you into one of the classic heresies.

We are told in scripture it is true.
We are NOT told how it works or what it looks like.
And here is another wrinkle in the topic:

Revelation 4:5
Out from the throne come flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder. And there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God;

Thanks Dave I intend NOT to dig any further for the reasons that you mentioned I just posted this for a friend that does not believe simply because the word Trinity does not appear in the Bible. Russ

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
TRI-UNE GOD: TRUTHS/DOCTRINE REVEALED!

God the Son, Jesus the God-Man is not the SAME as/IDENTICAL to God the Father,
nor is God the Son, Jesus the God-Man the SAME as/ IDENTICAL to God the Holy Spirit.
The spiritual Persons of the "Godhead" are discerned has having different
RANKS, ROLES, MISSIONS, FUNCTIONS, NAMES, etc.
No one Person of the "Godhead" is identical to / the same as / "equal" to the other
>>>EXCEPT<<< in THEIR unity of "spiritual essence" AND divine nature. (1 Cor.12:13)

In many ROLES / FUNCTIONS, God the Father RANKS ABOVE both God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

For example:

Genesis 1:26-28 (NASB)...ALLOWS for a PLURAL GOD
26 Then God (Elohim - plural - pre-existent one) said,
“Let Us make man in Our (spiritual) image, according to Our (soul?) likeness;

Mattthew 3: 16-17: The Beginning of Jesus' Ministry: A glimpse of the TRI-UNE GOD
As soon as Jesus (God the Son) was baptized (immersed in river Jordan), he went up out of the water.
At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God (God the Holy Spirit)
descending LIKE (in the form of) a dove and lighting on him.
And a voice (God the Father) from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Mark 9:7
Then a cloud (God the Holy Spirit) formed, overshadowing them, and a voice (God the Father) came out of the cloud,
“This is My beloved Son, listen to Him!”

John 14:26 (NIV)...a new promise by Jesus...a snapshot of the TRI-UNE God
"When the Counselor (God the Holy Spirit) comes,
whom I (God the Son/Jesus) will send to you from the Father (God the Father),
the Spirit of TRUTH (God the Holy Spirit) who goes out from the Father (God the Father),
he (the Spirit of TRUTH) will testify (to the spirit of Man) about me. (God the Son/Jesus)

John 14:26(NASB)
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit,
whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and
bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

Matthew 28: 18 - The End of the Ministry - Post Resurrection and Pre-Ascension... The Great Commisssion
Then Jesus came to them (disciples) and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
Therefore a. go and
b. make disciples of all nations,
c. baptizing them (believers) in the name
of (God) the Father and
of (God) the Son and
of (God) the Holy Spirit,
and d. teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Colossians 2 :8-9;
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority.

Colossians 1 :15-19
For God was pleased to have all his fullness (of the Deity) dwell in Him,
and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven,
by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross

Phillipians 2...The Kenosis...Diety poured out into perfect flesh without loss or change in Deity

Isaiah 45:7 (NASB)
The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the Lord who does all these.

Romans 15:30 (NIV)...in prayer
I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ (God the Son/Jesus)
and by the love of the Spirit (God the Holy Spirit), to join me in my struggle
by praying to God (God the Father) for me.

2 Corinthians 13:14 (NIV)...in goodbyes
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ (God the Son/Jesus) ,
and the love of God (God the Father),
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit (God the Holy Spirit) be with you all.

Upvote 0