The trinity - could somebody explain this to me?

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
VCman said:
Please dont feel like I am shooting anyone down, or that I am trying to put them down, but I feel it is dangerous if people say that the Trinity is just like water. That was one of the early church heresies, Modellism (I'm not sure if thats spelled right). If you look it up on the internet, you guys can see where it falls apart, and why.

Hi there!

:wave:

In a sense you are correct that the use of water, ice and steam could be interpreted as modalism.... a better example is "light"

Light is unlike any other form of matter. It has three properties. These properties are inseparable, without them there is no light. Just like God. Without the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit, there would be no God. Each is coequal, coeternal, and co infinite.

Light's three properties are the actinic (analogous to the Father), luminiferous (analogues to the Son), and the Calorific (analogous to the Holy Spirit). The actinic property is the property of light which is neither seen nor felt. The luminiferous property of light is both seen and felt, while the calorific property is not seen but it is felt.

1Jo 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

~serapha~

Upvote 0

shawn_h76

Christianos
Jul 9, 2004
✟529.00
Faith
Christian
shawn_h76 said:
oh please :scratch: , big words wont save you today.

Trinity: that there are three persons in the Godhead—the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost—seperate and coequal in power and glory.

Trinity states that each "Person" is seperate and co equal in power and glory. In other words, each "person" in the Godhead is God.Making three seperate persons , co equal in power and glory, and each of them a seperate God.

1. God the father, (the father)- seperate person
  2. God the son, (the son)- seperate person
  3. God the holy ghost,(comforter)-seperate person
if there are three sperate begins, and each is called "God" then that makes them three gods. Anybody who has half a brain can see this.

my example: <<<<<Trinity
These three smiles(above) are three persons. They are seperate. Yet co equal in power and glory.

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isaiah 44: 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

my next example: :priest: <<<<<one God, our high preist Jesus Christ
The above is a smilie representing one God, our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Jesus is the king of isreal and the first and last.

mark15:2 And Pilate asked him[Jesus], Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto them, Thou sayest it.

Revelation 2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

so is there one God or three gods?

isiah 44: 8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Isaiah 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

This is me? Wow. First of all, the person that I am quoting is,in fact, myself. I have, however, changed my erroneous position:I am no longer a oneness believer, but one who accepts the Trinity--God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

I can't believe that I was so blind. I was taught by a oneness believer that one can only be saved by accepting the oneness doctrine and rejecting the trinity. :D I have stopped talking with this fellow,though.

I am sorry for bumping a really old thread; I just wanted some closure. Thanks for all who debated with me. Rest assure that your participation did help :p.

Upvote 0