The transition to prophecy, don't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdclmn72

May 19, 2007
dunlap, tn
✟36,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Not something that you can choose, its more like God choosing you.
Having a random comment in a sunday school lesson that resulted in a collective sigh and tears,
Sermons where people coming to you, asking how did you know?
Getting a sudden urge to pray for a friend only to find out less than 24 hours later that he barely survived a head-on crash,
Getting tongues at 2 AM in a cow pasture that suddenly changes to scripture,...
It took years to become aware that each step was planned.

Before the Pastor could say the words, I already heard what was coming, it was the calling I had been waiting for.
Within months, as a newlywed, testimony time was quite a spectacle, nothing planned, it was a matter of opening my month and the night's sermons' topic would be addressed before the preacher could get to it.
Why? Who knows?

With time, making use of the many prophetic situations in scripture, I learned that prophets are very scarce, and that if you were lucky, you might just hear a prophecy that actually comes to pass.
What is even more scarce is legitimate opportunities to utter publicly what God can and will give you.
A lot of my activity has been in the realm of casual conversation, one example of the communicative aspect common to the charismatic gifts.

This goes beyond your usual commentary, this is the result of actual hands-on experience.
This results in a reappraisal of what the church is and what it can accomplish.
Each dream, vision, doctrine, it all makes prophets of the church as a whole.

Reactions: Tobias

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having a random comment in a sunday school lesson that resulted in a collective sigh and tears,
Getting a sudden urge to pray for a friend only to find out less than 24 hours later that he barely survived a head-on crash,

Before the Pastor could say the words, I already heard what was coming, it was the calling I had been waiting for.
Within months, as a newlywed, testimony time was quite a spectacle, nothing planned, it was a matter of opening my month and the night's sermons' topic would be addressed before the preacher could get to it.
Why? Who knows?

With time, making use of the many prophetic situations in scripture, I learned that prophets are very scarce, and that if you were lucky, you might just hear a prophecy that actually comes to pass.
What is even more scarce is legitimate opportunities to utter publicly what God can and will give you.
A lot of my activity has been in the realm of casual conversation, one example of the communicative aspect common to the charismatic gifts.

This goes beyond your usual commentary, this is the result of actual hands-on experience.
I liked it too..:)
I agree,prophecy can come in many ways,it does not always have to be a "thus sayeth the Lord"

If there was not so much rigid structure,that might allow for more freedom..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So true, because HE has used me on a number of ocassions.

Didn't ask, just blurted out what had settled on my heart.

Sometimes, it didn't go over to well with the pastor, and at times the pastor challenged me, but other members soon spoke up that what I had spoken was confirmed.

A lesson learnt for all involved. Can be embarrassing for the pastor.

Yep, that's the way it works. What were you doing in a cow pasture and 2AM, getting a fresh drink, or were you herding to cows together?:)

Yes, His steps are planned all the time.

Why? Who knows?
Yep, who knows!

Yep, just as scarce as "Watchmen"!

You said the word "legitimate". Now "legitimacy" is when the pastor approves it by his agenda, is that correct?:)

Hands on experience? Are you talking about healing prayer?

I am always wary of dreams and visions, have seen far too many cracks in them. They are also produced as much as the false gospel that is flowing around the foyers of the Body of Christ these days.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Prophecy comes in many forms - most people think Prophecy is standing up declaring what God said and ending with "thus saith the Lord."

It does not always happen that way.

Example - My cousin's son died at a very young age and I flew up to go to the funeral - the pastor was there talking with the mother and father and planning the funeral - I went on upstairs - as soon as I got upstairs the Lord laid a poem on my heart - I sat down and wrote it - when I took it downstairs - the Pastor, who was President of that nationwide denomination, looked at me and said I don't believe it -

The poem spoke of the sermon they had just decided on and I had no way of knowing. - strange isn't it how God works - this denomination did not practice the gifts of the Spirit - boy did that speak to that President of that large denomination.
I had nothing to do with it - I was only the tool that God used to send His Word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.