Visit site
✟400,585.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have a hardcopy of the Book of Concords with the Unaltered Augsburg Confession - this one: https://www.bookdepository.com/Christian-Book-Concord-Ambrose-Henkel/9781297669552

However, I just compared the book to my digital version on my phone, and I realized that the book doesn't include the Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope.
(It does have the Smalcald Articles with its article on the papacy, however)

Any clues to why it's not included in this book? Also, what would be the preferred hardcopy available?

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟825,036.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This is a recent translation put out by CPH expressly in order to get more laypeople interested in reading the BoC.

Concordia: The Lutheran Confessions-A Readers Edition of the Book of Concord - 2nd edition

Many of our LCMS pastors prefer the older translation by Kolb and Wengert

The Book of Concord: The Confessions of the Evangelical Lutheran Church: Robert Kolb, Timothy J. Wengert, Charles P. Arand: 9780800627409: Amazon.com: Books

I really like the "Readers Edition" from Concordia; I have the 1st edition.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,585.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the suggestions!

I'm not familiar with the older translation but I found the Readers Edition a while back but I wanted to ask for your advice in case there are other preferred versions out there. I may get the Readers Edition - the formatting looks a bit easier to me, unlike the version I have which is super dense. :)

Upvote 0