USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Marijuana supporters don't like this picture, but it's what legalized weed has wrought in this state
by Joseph J. Kolb | Updated 18 May 2017 at 8:53 AM

From his sidewalk vantage point in front of an outdoor equipment store in downtown Durango, Colorado, Matthew Marinseck has seen a transformation in this mountain resort town.

The picturesque town near the New Mexico border, once a vibrant, upscale community dotted with luxury hotels, is being overrun by panhandlers — thanks, in part, to the legalization of marijuana. READ MORE: The Town That’s Going to Pot

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: brinny

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Great opportunity for CO to realize what a stupid thing it has done and reverse the law.
The principalities and powers have always made laws that lead to death and destruction. The church on the other hand has a mandate from God to present the good news to the lost.
If the evil ones create a town of the lost then according to the principles of the kingdom the body of Christ will be moving in right next door.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Call me skeptical....
But in 2010 just before the legalization of recreational marijuana this vibrant upscale community had a poverty rate of 18.8% - the average percentage of people living below poverty level in Colorado was 11.2%

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Call me skeptical....
But in 2010 just before the legalization of recreational marijuana this vibrant upscale community had a poverty rate of 18.8% - the average percentage of people living below poverty level in Colorado was 11.2%
Tourist town blues?

Upvote 0

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did God create marijuana?
Yep. He also made nightshade plants and poison ivy.
And also the Death Angel mushroom.

Just because God made a plant, doesn't mean it's wise to ingest it.
Or roll it up and smoke it. Did you know that inhaling poison ivy smoke is a quick way to die?

• Haha
Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟130,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Yep. He also made nightshade plants and poison ivy.
And also the Death Angel mushroom.

Just because God made a plant, doesn't mean it's wise to ingest it.
Or roll it up and smoke it. Did you know that inhaling poison ivy smoke is a quick way to die?

Can you provide any evidence marijuana is deadly?

What's it's LD 50?

You can die by drinking water.

And you will die much sooner drinking alcohol than smoking a flower called cannabis

• Agree
Reactions: Anguspure
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PollyJetix

Feb 15, 2017
Virginia
✟35,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you provide any evidence marijuana is deadly?

What's it's LD 50?

You can die by drinking water.

And you will die much sooner drinking alcohol than smoking a flower called cannabis
I didn't say marijuana is deadly.
I said it's not WISE to ingest EVERY plant the Lord made, just on the basis that He made it.
Therefore, your argument that "God made it!" is worthless.

Furthermore, DOES every person have every right to put into their own body whatsoever they choose?
No.
Suicide is illegal.
Some plants DO kill. Therefore, you do NOT have a right to eat those plants that kill.

Laws don't keep suicide from happening, but it protects insurance companies from having to pay out to surviving dependents on that basis.

I am not going to argue about how good for you or bad for you marijuana is.
That's a different subject.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟130,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I said it's not WISE to ingest EVERY plant the Lord made, just on the basis that He made it.

Furthermore, DOES every person have every right to put into their own body whatsoever they choose?
No.
Suicide is illegal.
Some plants DO kill. Therefore, you do NOT have a right to eat those plants that kill.

Laws don't keep suicide from happening, but it protects insurance companies from having to pay out to surviving dependents on that basis.

Ok sorry sister.

Lets bring this back to cannabis.

It's a harmless flower.

And its heavily demonised through corporate and governmental propaganda.

Upvote 0

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟130,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Did God create Satan?

How about poison ivy? Why not stick that in your pipe and smoke it. It's "natural".

Its a flower that doesn't kill you even if you smoked your own body weight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I'm_Sorry

Taking a break from CF
Supporter
Oct 18, 2016
Australia
✟130,897.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

No.
Suicide is illegal.

Oh BTW regarding mushrooms.

How many people had to drop dead before we found the eatable one we all enjoy?

Upvote 0

Scarlett Ledder

May 2, 2017
Oregon
✟12,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in a small town in Oregon where marijuana grows are as common as vegetable gardens. I grow marijuana and I use it as well. I use it via cannabutter and tincture (which I make myself) rather than smoke it. Sugar is far more deadly and dangerous than marijuana. Where's the outrage? You'd never dream of handing your child a joint but many people don't hesitate to hand them a cookie setting them up for a lifetime of sugar addiction and health problems. It's just silliness to fear a plant. And a gorgeous plant at that!!

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Former Colorado resident here, the only bad thing that's happened in that state because of marijuana legalization as an increase in traffic and housing prices. The state brings in an extra $100 million in tax revenue, it's created thousands of jobs, and allows police to focus on more serious crimes. The only real drawback being seen in Colorado is an increase in childhood THC poisioning because of ingestibles, and the only real complaint police are having is field testing for intoxication and the like (no clear guidlines or test for injestibles).
Many non-resort mountain towns have had a problem with poverty long before marijuana was legalized.

Upvote 0