The Tower Of Trust

cherylq

Mar 4, 2003
n.j.
Visit site
✟284.00

Habakkuk 2

Why? Children ask the question as soon as they are old enough to understand the word no. They want to know the explanation for why they cannot do or have somrthing. as we get plder the question continues to nag as we encounter WHY questions at every turn. When we see evil, pain and suffering in the world and, especially in our lives, we ask, Why?. Thousands of years ago, Habakkuk took that same question directly to God. :bow:

Habakkuk, God's prophet, preached trust during a time of great trouble and distress. The nation of Judah was facing impendingminvasion from the Babylonians, who had taken Nineveh, the great capital of Assyria. Judah's days were numbered, for God would use the wicked Babylonians to conquer His people and punish their sins. Habakkuk wanted to know WHY: Why do you look on those who deal treacherously, and hold your tongue when the wicked devours a person more righteous then he?(Hab.1:13) Habakkuk asked this question on behalf of his nation, then he awaited God's answer: I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me (2:1)

God answered His question prophet, explaining that while He would use Babylon to punish Judah, the Babylonians wouldn't even know that they were pawns in His hands. God told Habakkuk to be patient. In the end, He would make everything right.

God's people must trust Him completely, even in the face of tragic events. Trust is believing without seeing. Habakkuk pronounced:"The just shall live by faith" (2:4). When we trust in trustworthy God, we don't need to know why. We only need to know Him.

Praise the Lord.

Cherylq  :clap: :clap:

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Happy birthday to you....
2cnotes4.gif

Happy birthday to you....

Happy birthday dear cherylq
2cnotes4.gif

Happy birthday to you.....

May God bless you.....
2cnotes4.gif

Upvote 0

altya

Servant of God
Apr 28, 2002
South Africa
Visit site
✟14,320.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God's people must trust Him completely, even in the face of tragic events. Trust is believing without seeing. Habakkuk pronounced:"The just shall live by faith" (2:4). When we trust in trustworthy God, we don't need to know why. We only need to know Him.

This is so true - Thanks

Upvote 0