The top 3 healing issues/topics for the recently divorced?

Brent Papineau

Love Jesus, Love others
Feb 25, 2016
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
✟7,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, everyone.

For over 4 years, God has led me to write a blog to help people that need healing from divorce. I have also written 2 divorce reading plans for the YouVersion Bible App that are approaching 100,000 downloads. I wanted to provide a Christian perspective to the issues and feelings that so many people experience with going through such a difficult time.

I would like some help for a new project I have coming up.

It will be titled "Divorce to Healing: 911"

I am looking for those people who have gone through a divorce or are currently going through a divorce to give me the top 3 issues/feelings/problems that need to be addressed immediately or first to help someone process what is going on in a healthy, Godly manner.

My thought behind this is simple: What 3 things can I address to help a newly divorced person get through the first few days/weeks without losing it?

The emotions of divorce, especially when it is new, are so high (or low, or up & down). I would like to be able to speak to the most popular issues and bring forth an encouraging word with scripture to help strengthen and uplift them.

Some of the biggest issues that I dealt with were my identity (who am I now), depression, just wanting to "fix it", and desperation. What are some of the biggest issues you faced?

I would love your comments, thoughts, and replies. Hopefully, I can write this sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks so much, and BE BLESSED!!

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,429.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guilt that I stayed so long in an abusive marriage, because it did so much damage to my children.
Feeling a failure as a Christian because somehow I should have been able to fix my marriage with God's help(Totally unwarranted I see now)
Confusion at the relief and joy I felt being free

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I suggest viewing the very first Divorcecare video (the one where the tornado blows through Raleigh, but they rebuild).

I think #1 is to know that God is still your rock. It's harder to believe or grasp when you are obviously wrapped up in sin and not in God's plan, but God doesn't just quit on you if you don't quit on Him. God can give you direction (which you need), support, foundation. Even a simple prayer to help you get up out of bed, He will answer.

Upvote 0