Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:14 is a verse I can talk on for an hour if I wanted to. The English word 'seasons' in that verse, alone... is a sermon on God's greatness. But that verse also includes 'signs' which, the underlying Hebrew word, could have been translated as harbinger, omen, etc. So God did indeed place the luminaries into the skies, among other reasons, for signs. I have no issue with that... what I do have an issue with is our Amerocentric mind (everything prophetically runs through us or our country) and how everything, from eclipses to excessive bovine gas emissions are taken as signs from God. We are literally a people who LOOK for signs but we already know the world is evil, we already know the bridegroom is coming... why are we not out doing what He called us to do and why instead do we spend our days on internet forums debating the signs? That is what boggles my mind, RT. :)

God did place them in the Skies and can use them for signs such as the Matthew 24 signs he speaks of (Joel 2/Rev. 6) but when God mentions for "Seasons" it obvious to me it for the reason of keeping time/seasons/days/months/years because He mentions that in that very passage. And an omen/warning is mentioned as one reason but the times that Sign is used as vastly greater, like 184 to 1 or something close to that.

#0226 H0225 (in the sense of appearing); TWOT - 41a;
n f
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) sign, signal
1a) a distinguishing mark
1b) banner
1c) remembrance
1d) miraculous sign
1e) omen
1f) warning
2) token, ensign, standard, miracle, proof
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

Probably from H0225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (literally or figuratively), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.:—mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
  • #226.
  • אוֹת
  • oth (16d); from 184; a sign:
  • NASB - banners(1), omens(1), pledge(1), sign(43), signs(30), standards(1), witness(1), wondrous(1).
—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

And the word for season is MOWED in Hebrew which means appointed time/place, fixed time, festival etc. etc.

So I agree it can be that God uses to planetary digits and the heavens as signs, but for the most part He was speaking about us using them for Navigation and for setting up a calendar used for understanding the seasons, times, etc. etc.

Take the blood moon tetrads, that might very well be a valid sign. But you don't have a sign in the Heavens on an event that has already happened. Especially by incorporating Astrology into it.

You're right, dead on. In Jeremiah God said that He would correct us >>ALL<< in due course, all means all. We have not been perfected yet, we are NOT a finished product, and yet we divide like amoeba over what we think is truth and in the process raise our own understanding of God as the standard that God Himself will use to judge the world. We ALL will be corrected which means we ALL have error. Why do we then not proceed with a little more mercy toward others?

I spent a couple of years in full studying Babylon and I wrote a blog that Rev. 17:18 was speaking about Rome. Within two months the Holy Spirit was like RON, you were wrong, it is not Rome, I stated in that verse what JOHN SAW...........What did he see Ron? And what John saw we all know was a vision, and the vision is only in verses 3-6, the rest of the chapter is the Angel speaking to John about what hes is going to show him in verses 1 and 2 and what he has shown him in verses 8-18, verse number 7 is the angel explaining to John that he is going to explaining what the MYSTERY IS.

So what did John see? Well he saw a Harlot/Woman with Four Descriptions on her head. MYSTERY, (COMMA) BABYLON THE GREAT.....Abominations of the Earth.....Mother of Harlots.

The Angel tells us hes going to explain the Mystery, which he does (verses 8-18) and he told us BABYLON THE GREAT, so that GREAT CITY that John saw was what? Babylon !! Of course. Not Rome, but Babylon, a Metaphor for the World or World governance under Satan (Statue that gets SMASHED).

So you are 100 percent right, God does correct us. But if we harbor pride, He can't correct us.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 15:24
But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
'The lost sheep of the house of Israel', see you left out that word house.
Jesus said He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel

Jesus does not go anywhere else or save anyone else, Jesus saves all the lost sheep of Abraham's house of Israel. To God and Christ the lost sheep are the sheep and all are His sheep. Christ saves all the sheep as it is for them He died. and the sheep know His voice and respond to Him.
If your not one of the sheep, then you are a goat, scorpion, snake, if your not one of His wheat your a tare, a weed, you are not one of Abraham's descendants to whom Christ goes and saves.

John 10:4
And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
John 10:11
“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
John 10:15
As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.

Hebrews 13:20
[ Benediction, Final Exhortation, Farewell ] Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Hebrews 2
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not give aid to angels, but He does give aid to the seed of Abraham.

Christ only aids to salvation the seed of Abraham, you however have kept up, in fact desire to rebuild the dividing wall of hostility that God destroyed in the new Covenant between Jew and Gentile. Well, there is no longer any separation, neither JEW nor Gentile to God, just His sheep.

Galatians 3:26-29

26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 4

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Abraham's seed , Isaac, is us, that is believers, who are the house of Israel today in the SPIRIT, something you fail to recognize in your doctrine. You rebuild the wall of separation and hostility the God destroyed in Christ.

We all come to Christ via FAITH and thus are Children of God via FAITH....But there is still a House of Israel. That is not going to change.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God did place them in the Skies and can use them for signs such as the Matthew 24 signs he speaks of (Joel 2/Rev. 6) but when God mentions for "Seasons" it obvious to me it for the reason of keeping time/seasons/days/months/years because He mentions that in that very passage. And an omen/warning is mentioned as one reason but the times that Sign is used as vastly greater, like 184 to 1 or something close to that.

#0226 H0225 (in the sense of appearing); TWOT - 41a;
n f
—Hebrew Word Study (Transliteration-Pronunciation Etymology & Grammar)

1) sign, signal
1a) a distinguishing mark
1b) banner
1c) remembrance
1d) miraculous sign
1e) omen
1f) warning
2) token, ensign, standard, miracle, proof
—Brown-Driver-Briggs (Old Testament Hebrew-English Lexicon)

Probably from H0225 (in the sense of appearing); a signal (literally or figuratively), as a flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, evidence, etc.:—mark, miracle, (en-) sign, token.
—Strong's (Hebrew & Chaldee Dictionary of the Old Testament)
  • #226.
  • אוֹת
  • oth (16d); from 184; a sign:
  • NASB - banners(1), omens(1), pledge(1), sign(43), signs(30), standards(1), witness(1), wondrous(1).
—NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries

And the word for season is MOWED in Hebrew which means appointed time/place, fixed time, festival etc. etc.

So I agree it can be that God uses to planetary digits and the heavens as signs, but for the most part He was speaking about us using them for Navigation and for setting up a calendar used for understanding the seasons, times, etc. etc.

Take the blood moon tetrads, that might very well be a valid sign. But you don't have a sign in the Heavens on an event that has already happened. Especially by incorporating Astrology into it.

I spent a couple of years in full studying Babylon and I wrote a blog that Rev. 17:18 was speaking about Rome. Within two months the Holy Spirit was like RON, you were wrong, it is not Rome, I stated in that verse what JOHN SAW...........What did he see Ron? And what John saw we all know was a vision, and the vision is only in verses 3-6, the rest of the chapter is the Angel speaking to John about what hes is going to show him in verses 1 and 2 and what he has shown him in verses 8-18, verse number 7 is the angel explaining to John that he is going to explaining what the MYSTERY IS.

So what did John see? Well he saw a Harlot/Woman with Four Descriptions on her head. MYSTERY, (COMMA) BABYLON THE GREAT.....Abominations of the Earth.....Mother of Harlots.

The Angel tells us hes going to explain the Mystery, which he does (verses 8-18) and he told us BABYLON THE GREAT, so that GREAT CITY that John saw was what? Babylon !! Of course. Not Rome, but Babylon, a Metaphor for the World or World governance under Satan (Statue that gets SMASHED).

So you are 100 percent right, God does correct us. But if we harbor pride, He can't correct us.
The word for seasons is moedim (it is plural, you used an odd English spelling and didn't make it plural). It is the word we would translate as feasts but really means appointments or appointed times. The reason it is something I can do a sermon on... is because the feasts are based on historical events that obviously hadn't taken place on the 4th day of Creation but were a couple of thousand years in the future. Not only that, but the feasts point at various aspects of Yeshua's work... the spring feast speaking predominately of his first coming and the fall feasts speaking predominately of his return. The point is... the markers to denote those days and prophetic pictures were put in place on day 4 when those events were do far into the future. It shows that God might not have made us to fall... but He made us knowing we would and that everything He did, from "Let there be...." on... was done in a progression to redeem us... even though He set this is motion before we needed to be redeemed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.