"THE TIME IS NIGH AT HAND" AND "COMING IN SWIFTNESS" REVELATION 1st century Jerusalem 70ad

View of the 4 verses of Revelation in the OP

• Total voters

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Revelation chapter 1 and chapter 22 contain 2 interesting greek words concerning timing and action of events: #G5034 "switness/speedily" and G#1451 "near/nigh".

Eschatologists have been at odds with each other, mainly Preterists, Futurists and Amills, etc.

Let me first put up the 4 verses from Revelation that contain theses words, and then find out where they are used in the rest of the NT concerning prophecy.
Feel free to discuss these 2 words and of course, also vote. Thanks

Strong's Greek: 5034. τάχος (tachos) -- speed
5034. tachos from the same as 5036;
a brief space (of time), i.e.
(with 1722 prefixed) in haste:--+ quickly, + shortly, + speedily.

Revelation 1:1
An-un-covering-revealing of Jesus Christ, which gives to Him, the GOD, to show to the bond-servants of Him,
which-things is binding to be becoming In/en <1722> Swiftness/tacei <5034>.
Revelation 22:6
And said to me: "These, the Words Faithful and True.
And Lord, the GOD of the spirits of the holy Prophets, commissions the messenger of Him to show to the bond-servents of Him

Strong's Greek: 1451. ἐγγύς (eggus) -- near (in place or time)
1451. eggus from a primary verb agcho (to squeeze or throttle; akin to the base of 43);
near (literally or figuratively, of place or time):--from , at hand, near, nigh (at hand, unto), ready.

Revelation 1:3
Blessed/happy the one reading, and the ones hearing, the Words of the Prophecy, and the keepings in it having been Written/gegrammena <1125> (5772),
for the Time is NIGH AT HAND/egguV <1451>.
Revelation 22:10
And he is saying to me "no thou should be sealing the Words of the Prophecy of this Scroll,
For the Time Is NIGH AT HAND/egguV <1451>

THE ROMAN "blitzkrieg"

https://www.preteristarchive.com/JewishWars/timeline_military.html
VISUAL TIMELINE OF THE ROMAN-JEWISH WAR

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
Stage 3: The Campaign of Cestius Gallus and the Defeat of the Twelfth Legion: October-November 66
Stage 4: End of Collaborative Government, Priesthood ; General Flight: November 66 - March 67
Part 6: Vespasian Subdues Northern and Western Palestine: December 66 - December 68
Part 7: Three-way Power Struggle within Jerusalem After Roman Retreat: January 68 - May 70
Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70

Last edited:

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Revelation chapter 1 and chapter 22 contain 2 interesting greek words concerning timing and action of events: #G5034 "switness/speedily" and G#1451 "near/nigh".
I searched for and found 2 equivalent Hebrew words for "speedily" and "nigh/near at hand". I put down the 1st verses that occur with those words. Should be interesting........

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

Strong's Hebrew: 4120. מְהֵרָה (meherah) -- haste, speed

mherah feminine of 4118;
properly, a hurry; hence (adverbially) promptly:--hastily, quickly, shortly, soon, make (with) speed(-ily), swiftly.
H4120 matches the Hebrew מְהֵרָה (mĕherah), occurs 20 times in 20 verses

Numbers 16:46
So Moses said to Aaron, “Take a censer and put fire in it from the altar, put incense on it, and take it quickly<4120> to the congregation and make atonement for them;
for wrath has gone out from the LORD. The plague has begun.”

Strong's Hebrew: 7138. קָרוֹב (qarob) -- near

7138 qarowb from 7126;
near (in place, kindred or time):--allied, approach, at hand, + any of kin, kinsfold(-sman), (that is) near (of kin), neighbour, (that is) next, (them that come) nigh (at hand), more ready, short(-ly).
H7138 matches the Hebrew קָרוֹב (qarowb), occurs 78 times in 76 verses

Genesis 19:20
“See now, this city is near<7138> enough to flee to, and it is a little one;
please let me escape there (is it not a little one?) and my soul shall live.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:8-9 gives us the right perspective.
Speedily to God is to us on earth, very slow! The equivalent of One day, to God in Heaven, is 1000 long years to us on earth.
The Lord is not slow to keep His promises, but He allows plenty of time for all who will accept Him to come to repentance.

We have had that time, its nearly up. The 2 'days' Jesus prophesied; Luke 13:32 and in Hosea 6:2, to us: 2000 years has almost passed, expect dramatic things to happen and pray to hasten on the Day of the Lord, looking forward to the final time of the New Heavens and the New Earth. 2 Peter 3:12-13

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1st and only time #5034 used in the Gospels:

"DAYS OF VENGEANCE" Isaiah 61:2 and Luke 21:22 Revelation

Luke 18:8
“I tell you that He will avenge<1557> them in swiftness/speedily<5034>.
Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the land?”

1st time #1451 used in Gospels, at the event of Jesus driving out the sellers and money changers.

John 2:13
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand<1451>,
and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the Temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business.
[Matthew 21:12 Mark 11:15]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2 Peter 3:8-9 gives us the right perspective.
Speedily to God is to us on earth, very slow! The equivalent of One day, to God in Heaven, is 1000 long years to us on earth.

I don't buy into this one iota.

God is not bound by the human time frames of near or far, soon or a long time, shortly or a long way off. These are ALL Human terms given in scripture to be understood by how time relates to Man.

God doesn't have to wait "soon" or "shortly" for anything. Contrary to your assertion, God does not have to wait a "Day" in Heaven for 1000 earth years to pass... He doesn't even have to wait for an instant, or a twinkling of an eye, for even a million or a billion earth years to pass. And it works both ways, as 2 Peter 3 teaches, namely If God wanted, He could make the passing of one 24 hour earth day equivalent to the passing of 1000 years to Him.

He is Time-LESS. He is without time, fully and completely unbound by the confines of time at all.

2000 earth years does not = 2 days to God... Psalm 90:4 teaches that clearly, equating 1000 years to a SINGLE "watch in the night" which is a period of 3-6 hours, not 24.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,592.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I don't buy into this one iota.
Yes, Parousia, we know your anathema to this concept. Obviously the idea of anything bad happening during your time, is unacceptable to you.

The Bible is the Book God gave us so we could get a picture of what its all about. He used time periods we could understand and relate to.

Re 2 Peter 3:8, Hebrew parallelisms do not reverse the meanings. It is just silly to say that. And Psalms 90:4... like a watch in the night...is simply symbolic of a short time.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Eschatologists have been at odds with each other, mainly Preterists, Futurists and Amills, etc.

Let me first put up the 4 verses from Revelation that contain theses words, and then find out where they are used in the rest of the NT concerning prophecy.

(with 1722 prefixed) in haste:--+ quickly, + shortly, + speedily

An-un-covering-revealing of Jesus Christ, which gives to Him, the GOD/YHWH, to show to the bond-servants of Him,

And Lord, the GOD of the spirits of the holy Prophets, commissions the messenger of Him to show to the bond-servents of Him

1451. eggus from a primary verb agcho (to squeeze or throttle; akin to the base of 43);
near (literally or figuratively, of place or time):--from , at hand, near, nigh (at hand, unto), ready.

Blessed/happy the one reading, and the ones hearing, the Words of the Prophecy, and the keepings in it having been Written/gegrammena <1125> (5772),

And he is saying to me "no thou should be sealing the Words of the Prophecy of this Scroll,

THE ROMAN "blitzkrieg"

Stage 1: Murder of James the Just, "Opposition High Priest" ; Irrevocable Split: 62
Stage 2: General Revolt in Jerusalem ; Zealot Occupation of Masada: August-September 66
Stage 3: The Campaign of Cestius Gallus and the Defeat of the Twelfth Legion: October-November 66
Stage 4: End of Collaborative Government, Priesthood ; General Flight: November 66 - March 67
Part 6: Vespasian Subdues Northern and Western Palestine: December 66 - December 68
Part 7: Three-way Power Struggle within Jerusalem After Roman Retreat: January 68 - May 70
Part 8: Romans Breach City Walls and Leave Jerusalem Desolate: May 10 - September 10, 70
Just a quick response.

From Isaiah 13:22 - Prophecy about the fall of Babylon

22Hyenas will inhabit her strongholds,

jackals her luxurious palaces.

Her time is at hand,

and her days will not be prolonged

Isaiah was written about 740 BC. Babylon fell in 539 BC. Her fall was a least 200 years after Isaiah's prophecy

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just a quick response.
From Isaiah 13:22 - Prophecy about the fall of Babylon
22Hyenas will inhabit her strongholds, jackals her luxurious palaces. Her time is at hand, and her days will not be prolonged
Isaiah was written about 740 BC. Babylon fell in 539 BC. Her fall was a least 200 years after Isaiah's prophecy
1st century Jerusalem and their rulers became as bad if not worst than the nations around them...
Peter and Paul say so right here:

NKJV)
Romans 2:24 [Isaiah 52:5 Ezekiel 36:22 Revelation 16:9]
For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of ye,”[fn] as it is written.
1 Peter 4:14
If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[fn]
On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.
Revelation 16:9
And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory
Babylon of Revelation 17-18 was Jerusalem/unfaithful Israel

Revelation 17:5
And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

And then there is "spiritual Sodom and Egypt".
The unbelieving Jews of today are not spiritually discerned to see that this is their 70ad OC City in Revelation:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Why Jerusalem is Mystically Called Sodom and Egypt

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great City which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt,
where also their Lord was crucified.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1st century Jerusalem and their rulers became as bad if not worst than the nations around them...
Peter and Paul say so right here:
NKJV)

Romans 2:24 [Isaiah 52:5 Ezekiel 36:22 Revelation 16:9]
For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of ye,”[fn] as it is written.
1 Peter 4:14
If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.[fn]
On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

Babylon of Revelation 17-18 was Jerusalem/unfaithful Israel

Revelation 17:5
And on her forehead a name was written:
MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

And then there is "spiritual Sodom and Egypt". The unbelieving Jews of today are not spiritually discerned [as are some Christians perhaps] to see this is their OC City in Revelation:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Why Jerusalem is Mystically Called Sodom and Egypt

Revelation 11:8
And their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great City which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt,
where also their Lord was crucified.

My point was "at hand or soon" is not always in our understanding

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Parousia, we know your anathema to this concept.

Ok
Obviously the idea of anything bad happening during your time, is unacceptable to you.

What does that mean?
I buried my young wife, mother of my small 3 kids, who died a horrible suffering death from Metastatic Melanoma. Please don't assume you know what bad things happening in my life I find acceptable or not. I mean, really.

The Bible is the Book God gave us so we could get a picture of what its all about. He used time periods we could understand and relate to.

Exactly, which is why it is wholly incorrect to stretch and twist those time periods into meaningless argle-bargle.

Re 2 Peter 3:8, Hebrew parallelisms do not reverse the meanings. It is just silly to say that.

So you are saying God is INCAPABLE of making one earth day seem like 1000 years to Him?

And Psalms 90:4... like a watch in the night...is simply symbolic of a short time.

Symbolic?
Why then do you HYPER LITERALIZE the "yesterday when it is past" then in the same breath symbolize the "watch int he night"? where does scripture teach you to make that distinction within that passage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My point was "at hand or soon" is not always in our understanding

Why not?

Were not those words given for a reason?

Are they simply meaningless hooey we can redact from our bibles?

"Soon, at hand, shortly, about to be," and the like are phrases used nearly 100 times in the new testament for a reason, and I can not find any scriptural teaching that says the reason they were given is that we should ignore them or stretch twist and spiritualize them away into meaninglessness.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The fig tree, summer is NIGH

Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke's Temple/Jerusalem Discourses harmonized

G1451 matches the Greek ἐγγύς (eggys),

Matthew 24:32
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree:
When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh.
Mark 13:28
“Now learn this parable from the fig tree:
When its branch has already become tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is nigh.
Luke 21:

29 Then He spoke to them a parable: “Look at the fig tree, and all the trees.[Joel 1:12]
30 “When they are already budding, you see and know for yourselves that summer is now nigh.
31 “So you also, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is nigh.

Fig tree mentioned in Revelation:

Revelation 6:13
And the stars of heaven fell to the earth,
as a fig tree drops its unripe-figs<3653> when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

Also in the Prophets:

Joel 1:12
The vine has dried up, And the fig tree has withered;
The pomegranate tree, The palm tree also, And the apple tree—
All the trees of the field are withered;
Surely joy has withered away from the sons of men.

Isaiah 13:6
Wail, for the day of the LORD is at hand<7138>!
It will come as destruction from the Almighty.

Revelation 16:14
For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and[fn] of the whole world,
to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Revelation 11:17
saying: “We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty,
The One who is and who was and who is to come,[fn]
Because You have taken Your great power and reigned.
Revelation 16:7
And I heard another from[fn] the altar saying, “Even so, Lord God Almighty,
true and righteous are Your judgments.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why not?

Were not those words given for a reason?

Are they simply meaningless hooey we can redact from our bibles?

"Soon, at hand, shortly, about to be," and the like are phrases used nearly 100 times in the new testament for a reason, and I can not find any scriptural teaching that says the reason they were given is that we should ignore them or stretch twist and spiritualize them away into meaninglessness.
The same chapter in Revelation 1:7
7BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be.
Nobody saw Jesus come back in 70 AD. These words are given for a reason as well. Are they "meaningless hooey" too ?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The same chapter in Revelation 1:7
7BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be.
Nobody saw Jesus come back in 70 AD. These words are given for a reason as well. Are they "meaningless hooey" too ?
Clouds can also symbolize people as shown here in these passages [the Roman army could symbolize clouds sent by God to destroy Jerusalem]

Question about the High Priest seeing Jesus coming on clouds of heaven

These witnesses are the spirit filled Saints of the New Jerusalem, Mt Zion

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,

let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

I can only assume Peter and Jude are talking about the OC circumcision group still under the Law of Moses. This was written before 70ad:

2 Pete 2:17
These are wells without water, clouds[fn] carried by a tempest,

for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.[fn]
Jude 1:12
These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves.
They are clouds without water, carried about[fn] by the winds;

late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots;

These people......what other group of people did Jesus condemn to Gehenna?

Matthew 23:33
'Serpents! brood of vipers!
how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Revelation 14:11
and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages;

And here is their great City and Temple:

Revelation 18:18
and they were crying, seeing the smoke of Her burning, saying, "What city is like to the great City"?

Revelation 19:3
and a second time they said, 'Alleluia;' and Her smoke doth come up -- to the ages of the ages!

Isaiah 34:10
By night and by day she is not quenched, To the age go up doth Her smoke, From generation to generation she is waste, For ever and ever, none is passing into her.

2nd Coming of Christ was over in 70AD | JUDGMENT DAY IS OVER

John 19:36-37 “For these things happened, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, “A bone of him will not be broken.” Again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they pierced.”

The Jewish people of today have nothing to do with the crucifixion of Christ.
The Pharisees and the High Priests crucified Jesus almost 2000 years ago. To say that God will judge the Jews of 2016 is a matter of terrible injustice. Would it make any sense to condemn the people of Germany today for Hitler’s crimes in the 1930s? Would it be fair to punish the Italians today for the atrocities committed 2000 years ago by the Roman Empire? This is why Jesus said that it would be their specific generation that would witness His 2nd coming.

The Jews who pierced Christ were the same people who witnessed His 2nd coming. Now does that mean that it was a global event where everyone in the world saw Him? If so, why was it not recorded in world history? It’s because His coming was only seen by those who pierced Him in the land of Israel. The tribes refer to the 12 tribes of Israel.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Clouds can also symbolize people as shown here in these passages [the Roman army could symbolize clouds sent by God to destroy Jerusalem]

Question about the High Priest seeing Jesus coming on clouds of heaven

These witnesses are the spirit filled Saints of the New Jerusalem, Mt Zion

Hebrews 12:1
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses,

let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

I can only assume Peter and Jude are talking about the OC circumcision group still under the Law of Moses. This was written before 70ad:

2 Pete 2:17
These are wells without water, clouds[fn] carried by a tempest,

for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness forever.[fn]
Jude 1:12
These are spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves.
They are clouds without water, carried about[fn] by the winds;

late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, pulled up by the roots;

These people......what other group of people did Jesus condemn to Gehenna?

Matthew 23:33
'Serpents! brood of vipers!
how may ye escape from the judgment of the gehenna?

Revelation 14:11
and the smoke of their torment doth go up to ages of ages;

And here is their great City and Temple:

Revelation 18:18
and they were crying, seeing the smoke of Her burning, saying, "What city is like to the great City"?

Revelation 19:3
and a second time they said, 'Alleluia;' and Her smoke doth come up -- to the ages of the ages!

Isaiah 34:10
By night and by day she is not quenched, To the age go up doth Her smoke, From generation to generation she is waste, For ever and ever, none is passing into her.

2nd Coming of Christ was over in 70AD | JUDGMENT DAY IS OVER

John 19:36-37 “For these things happened, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, “A bone of him will not be broken.” Again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they pierced.”

The Jewish people of today have nothing to do with the crucifixion of Christ.
The Pharisees and the High Priests crucified Jesus almost 2000 years ago. To say that God will judge the Jews of 2016 is a matter of terrible injustice. Would it make any sense to condemn the people of Germany today for Hitler’s crimes in the 1930s? Would it be fair to punish the Italians today for the atrocities committed 2000 years ago by the Roman Empire? This is why Jesus said that it would be their specific generation that would witness His 2nd coming.

The Jews who pierced Christ were the same people who witnessed His 2nd coming. Now does that mean that it was a global event where everyone in the world saw Him? If so, why was it not recorded in world history? It’s because His coming was only seen by those who pierced Him in the land of Israel. The tribes refer to the 12 tribes of Israel.

Yet no one recorded this great event.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yet no one recorded this great event.
Probably because they were too busy trying to escape the Romans or busy fighting and dying......

Captivity and sword Luke 21:24 Revelation 13:10

.Luke 21:24
And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Deuteronomy 28:68/Reve 11:2/13:10]

Revelation 13:10
If any to-captivity into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed.
Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints

We do know this was fulfilled without a doubt in 70ad

Luke 19:
41And as He nears, beholding the City and He laments on Her,
42 saying, "That if Thou-knew, and Thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward peace of Thee, now yet it was Hid from thy eyes.
43 That shall be arriving days upon Thee, and
thy Enemies shall be casting up a siege-work to Thee,
and shall be encompassing Thee, and pressing thee every which place.

Anyone who has looked at the divine Greek can see that the exact form of the word for "written<1125>" used in Luke 21:22 is

Luke 21:
20 “Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains,
21 “For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
22 That days of vengeance these are,
of the to be fulfill all the having been written/gegrammena <1125> (5772).

...is also used in Revelation 1:3. Clearly showing that Revelation is the 70ad destruction of Jerusalem

Blessed the one reading/anaginwskwn <314> (5723), and the ones hearing, the Words of the Prophecy, and keepings in it/her having been written/gegrammena <1125> (5772),
for the Time Is-Near/egguV <1451>.

As far as any of the Jews having seen the celestial events mentioned during that time one can surmise that the Lord opened their eyes as was done here in 2 Kings..

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.”
Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw.
And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Josephus witnessed a similar event........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

5. "Soon after the feast of the Passover, in various parts of the country, before the Setting of the sun, chariots and armed men were seen in the air, passing round about Jerusalem. " Neither could this portentous spectacle be occasioned by the aurora borealis, for it occurred before the setting of the sun ; or merely the fancy of a few villagers, gazing at the heavens, for it was seen in various parts of the country.

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably because they were too busy trying to escape the Romans or busy fighting and dying......

Captivity and sword Luke 21:24 Revelation 13:10

.Luke 21:24
And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Deuteronomy 28:68/Reve 11:2/13:10]

Luke 19:
41And as He nears, beholding the City and He laments on Her,
42 saying, "That if Thou-knew, and Thou, even indeed in the day, this, the toward peace of Thee, now yet it was Hid from thy eyes.
43 That shall be arriving days upon Thee, and
thy Enemies shall be casting up a siege-work to Thee,
and shall be encompassing Thee, and pressing thee every which place.

Anyone who has looked at the divine Greek can see that the exact form of the word for "written<1125>" used in Luke 21:22 is

Luke 21:
20 “Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains,
21 “For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
22 That days of vengeance these are,
of the to be fulfill all the having been written/gegrammena <1125> (5772).

...is also used in Revelation 1:3. Clearly showing that Revelation is the 70ad destruction of Jerusalem

Blessed the one reading/anaginwskwn <314> (5723), and the ones hearing, the Words of the Prophecy, and keepings in it/her having been written/gegrammena <1125> (5772),
for the Time Is-Near/egguV <1451>.

As far as any of the Jews having seen the celestial events mentioned during that time one can surmise that the Lord opened their eyes as was done here in 2 Kings..

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, “LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see.”
Then the LORD opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw.
And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

Josephus witnessed a similar event........

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

5. "Soon after the feast of the Passover, in various parts of the country, before the Setting of the sun, chariots and armed men were seen in the air, passing round about Jerusalem. " Neither could this portentous spectacle be occasioned by the aurora borealis, for it occurred before the setting of the sun ; or merely the fancy of a few villagers, gazing at the heavens, for it was seen in various parts of the country.

How do we know "without a doubt". I thought it was your position the Jews ,mostly, perish in that battle. I agree, Luke 21:24 is most likely referring to the events of 70AD. Comparing Luke 21 to Revelation 13 is quite a jump. Revelation 13:10 is saying "Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints" not Jews. Different event from the sacking of Jerusalem

Please note Matthew 24 clearly states 29“But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, ANDTHE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30“And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. 31“And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPETand THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

I have found no record of Jesus returning during or after the 70AD destruction

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

(with 1722 prefixed) in haste:--+ quickly, + shortly, + speedily

An-un-covering-revealing of Jesus Christ, which gives to Him, the GOD/YHWH, to show to the bond-servants of Him,

THE ROMAN "blitzkrieg"

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

That's the message in Revelation 1:3. By knowing the things written in Revelation a person can know the time is at hand... for our redemption.

Revelation 1:3 is way of saying be ready, and the message to the church's is be ready, for our redemption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have found no record of Jesus returning during or after the 70AD destruction
So?
Then don't believe 1st century Jerusalem is in Revelation.
You won't hurt my feelings........;)

Now, onward to "nigh" and "swiftness/speedily"

Upvote 0

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So?
Then don't believe 1st century Jerusalem is in Revelation.
You won't hurt my feelings........;)

Now, onward to "nigh" and "swiftness/speedily"

OK lol. Be bless in your studies

Upvote 0