Victoria
✟8,975.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How about the three levels of the bible? A freemason at the pool told me about the bible being written in three levels. One tells a story of a garden with a serpent; this is for common folk. Second level tells a story of sex for adults; third story tells of a jealous, insecure GOD (i say this respectfully).

This is what this man has said. He is from Alabama and he served as a judge for many years.

Does anyone know about these levels?

Thanks.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How about the three levels of the bible? A freemason at the pool told me about the bible being written in three levels. One tells a story of a garden with a serpent; this is for common folk. Second level tells a story of sex for adults; third story tells of a jealous, insecure GOD (i say this respectfully).

This is what this man has said. He is from Alabama and he served as a judge for many years.

Thanks.
I've not heard of these three levels being taught in this manner. However, while jealously can come from a place of insecurity of not valuing ourselves or wishing that we were someone else, it can also come from a place a security of seeing ourselves as having great value, where something is wrong with someone else for failing to see our value. So just because God is described as being jealous does not mean that He is also insecure, but rather just the opposite is true.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks.
Sounds like an unbeliever to me.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I felt the same way. Just wondering where I can read about it?
God's jealousy is a praise-worthy zeal to preserve something extremely precious.
I see it to be no virtue in a man who had no zeal to protect the love relationship of his marriage, or to retaliate when it was broken. Zeal to protect is the fruit of married affection. The married person who felt no jealousy at the intrusion of a lover or adulteress into their marriage would, in my view, be morally deficient. For the essence of marriage is its exclusiveness.
This jealousy to preserve something precious is a virtue, showing apprehension of the true meaning of the husband-wife relationship (Eph 5:30-32), and a right zeal to keep it intact.
Is it necessary to know the history of the faith before you convince others to believe in Jesus?
It is only necessary that you know Jesus to convince others.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,089.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Thanks.
Is there a reason why you posted this question in the Eastern Orthodox sub forum?
I understand that you are new here and it may take you a little while to navigate the various sections of Christian forums

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Thanks.
I wouldn’t trust anything that comes from a Mason. their theology is really wonky.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to theology and Biblical interpretation one guy's wisdom is another guy's foolishness, one guy's knowledge is another guys fantasy.

But the narrative itself, the stories are more objective. So it is always good to at least know the narrative well before exploring levels and interpretations. These three levels as described are a butcher's job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the history of biblical interpretation, four major types of hermeneutics have emerged: the literal, moral, allegorical, and anagogical.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In the history of biblical interpretation, four major types of hermeneutics have emerged: the literal, moral, allegorical, and anagogical.
for us it’s all of the above (and more), since we read it Christologically.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When it comes to theology and Biblical interpretation one guy's wisdom is another guy's foolishness, one guy's knowledge is another guys fantasy.

But the narrative itself, the stories are more objective. So it is always good to at least know the narrative well before exploring levels and interpretations. These three levels as described are a butcher's job.
right, that’s why as the Orthodox Church, we follow the consensus of what the Church interprets, since any one person could be off.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Consider what St. Maximos the Confessor said about the 3 powers of our souls in relation to our fallen state and the power of grace we may share in ( Ephesians 2:8-10) by the salvation of our Lord Jesus Christ:

.2 s. The soul has three powers : the intelligence, the incensive power and desire. With our intelligence we direct our search ; with our desire we long for that supernal goodness which is the object of our search; aml with our incensive power we fight to attain our object. With these powers those who love God cleave to the divine principle of virtue and spiritual knowledge. Searching with the first power, desiring with the second, and fighting by means of the third, they recci,·e incorruptible nourishment, enriching the intellect with the spiritual knowledge of created beings.
2 6 . When the Logos of God became man, He filled human nature once more with the spiritual knowledge that it had lost ; and steeling it against changefulness, He deified it, not in its essential nature but in its quality. He stamped it completely with His own Spirit, as if adding wine to water so as to give the water the quality of wine. For He becomes truly man so that by grace He may make us gods.

Philokalia vol.2, 2nd century ( as in sets of 100) various texts.

These are 3 levels in which we can read the Bible and understand it properly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟401,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks.
personally i wouldn't listen to teaching from a fremason. They aren't a biblically based group
82CBB4F3-4B2E-4B45-93A0-EFC85D947056.jpeg

Upvote 0