The third fatima

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
The Third Secret of Fatima (excerpt) ~

And we saw in an immense light ... a Bishop dressed in White. We had the impression that it was the Holy Father. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions.

Iraqi Christians Raise Giant Cross on Land Liberated from Islamic State
by Thomas D. Williams, Ph.D.24 Feb 2017

Breitbart News

A group of Christians has erected a massive cross outside the city of Mosul on land recently liberated from domination by the Islamic State terror group.

Last weekend, the Chaldean Catholic Patriarch of Baghdad, Louis Raphael Sako, visited the site and blessed the new cross in the village of Telekuf-Tesqopa, 17 miles from Mosul.

Interesting.. I wonder if this is where the 'fatima" is speaking of.
Will the pope finally visit Iraq once IS is defeated?
Al-Monitor

December 22, 2016

BAGHDAD — During his visit to the Vatican on Dec. 3, Iraqi Foreign Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari invited Pope Francis to visit Iraq, noting that the best time to visit would be once the Islamic State (IS) is defeated and displaced Christians are returning to their homes.

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The way I understand this vision;

First, private revelation for Catholics isn't considered necessary to their faith so it isn't something they have to believe.
As a private revelation, it is subject to change. These kinds of communications are a call to act. This one is call for unity in prayer so that the vision won't be fulfilled.

It seems to describe a persecution of the Catholic Church. The people walking uphill are the faithful who are on the path to martyrdom. The Pope is martyred for his faith. It doesn't mean he is first but as the pope he is the head and this persecution decapitates the Catholic Church.
The city is the faithful. They are not walking up the hill so they are not putting themselves in a place to be martyrs. They are afraid though but hang on to their faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many believe the late Pope John Paul II was the pope in the vision. They believe the prayers of the faithful were answered by Mary. The late Pope forgave the shooter for trying to kill him. The shooter said he didn'[t understand how he missed. He said he never misses from that distance. The Pope said and I paraphrase; one hand pulled the trigger another hand guided the bullets path. Whether or not he is the pope in the vision is accepted by many Catholics and questioned by others.
If it is Pope JP II it implicates radical Muslims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this an endtime prophecy and is so, then what next and how close it to the very end? What is the end result?
It could be a type. The religion of anti-christ appears when he does. Before that it is hidden. Working in the dark. Therefore, for me, the Muslim religion can only be a type.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Why is the vision of Fatima being discussed in the MJ forum? It seems to me that if anyone had questions about it, they would go to OBOB. If they wanted to debate it, they would go to general theology.

The one group of people who would seem most qualified to answer such a post are prohibited from doing so by the SOP.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Why is the vision of Fatima being discussed in the MJ forum? It seems to me that if anyone had questions about it, they would go to OBOB. If they wanted to debate it, they would go to general theology.

The one group of people who would seem most qualified to answer such a post are prohibited from doing so by the SOP.
Our MJ understanding and relationship to this is a valid as it reveals how we see and relate to the faith of others.

Upvote 0