The thing that kills relationships

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. False love. Sometimes people aren't in love, especially when younger, they just think what they feel is love when its really just a need to feel loved or a crush...etc. So after they have been with someone the fake love fades away. And reality sets in.

2. False sense of what a relationship or marriage is. We see love movies, shows, books and its a happily ever after tale. Many marry assuming that is pretty close to how love works. And while yes, it can have its great moments, over time sometimes that stuff fades away.

3. Young love. I tell people constantly (like 18 year olds) don't get in a relationship yet, or at least don't marry yet. Being young means not being matured enough to understand it or handle it. Which probably sounds mean but just going by past couples and science that says our brains don't fully mature until around 25. By that they mean when we are young we tend to act first, think later (aka find someone fast realize later it wasn't a great idea). But when more mature you think first, act later (takes your time and think things through, get married/find someone).

4. Trust/Honesty/Communication. These are sort of in the same group together. Sometimes people hold back facts about themselves, which later means if/when the person finds out, trust is broken. For other they may lie about things and make things sound better then they are, again when the truth is found out, trust is broken. Two people need to communicate about everything, no matter how nervous/scared you may be about talking about some things.

5. Past baggage. People who have been in relationships before often carry baggage with them from before which spills over into the current relationship. For example the first girl I dated and almost married never told me she had severe mental issues, well among other things. So after we broke up I had trust issues with the next women I met. Which sadly was good because she was lying to me from the start. Which in turn added even MORE trust issues. When I met my wife I emptied my baggage and started fresh with no trust issues or anything else.

6. Cheating. Obvious what this means.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you think is the quickest way or the most toxic thing that can destroy an otherwise healthy, happy and love filled relationship between two people?
Breach(es) of trust....

Upvote 0

Faith Alone 1 Cor 15:1-4

Aug 2, 2017
Heaven
✟12,836.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you think is the quickest way or the most toxic thing that can destroy an otherwise healthy, happy and love filled relationship between two people?

When you find your wife with somebody else in bed , prolly fastes way .

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another one is hanging with the same sex a little to much to the point of the person your in a relationship gets upset. Assuming the opposite sex young hanging with and you seem to be closer than just "friends". My second GF was dating 12 other guys at the same time as me. When I told her that was heart breaking and I felt used she said "Don't be upset, out of the 12 your pretty much at the top of the list for marriage material!". Ugh.... just a number.

• Prayers
Reactions: zay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Constant critique. And if something is not done perfect one get minus points with an irritating beep on an app that the other has on His Her phone. The other person demands to be obeyed on the second without any questions asked or else He or She gets very upset and starts pounding out bibleverses to state points. The other is always thinking Himself or herself as being superior in everything than His or Her other half, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend. Keeps secrets for the other and has little trust.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Constant critique. And if something is not done perfect one get minus points with an irritating beep on an app that the other has on His Her phone. The other person demands to be obeyed on the second without any questions asked or else He or She gets very upset and starts pounding out bibleverses to state points. The other is always thinking Himself or herself as being superior in everything than His or Her other half, spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend. Keeps secrets for the other and has little trust.
So true. Being married almost 5 years now I can tell you critiquing becomes an issue. Sometimes I get so annoyed that I do it to her or she does it to me. If you do it enough you begin to hold a grudge and anger towards it. Next thing you know you fall out of love and hate each other.

You have to learn to let things go. Some battles can't be won, accepting people are different is part of life. Especially in a marriage. Your two imperfect people marrying each other.

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
After 15 years You might think nothing You do is right. If You bake healthy bread and pies and homemade vanillacream You get critique and if You make them better You could get less qritique. Yes I agree I used the bread and smoothierecipe out of a Swedish singers exersizebook but in fact I cleaned my kitchenshelves and put in other stuff until the bread tasted perfect. The simple pie trick might be that the vanillacream was too healthy. It has to be plain whipped cream that my husband whipps himself, then the pie is fine too. Sigh. Afterwards I had nettlejuice, with lemonbalm and applejuice and ginger, only for the brave. I used nettles instead of spinach. Then Some of us goodlooking girls in the family did some excersizes out of the book instead of running in the rain. Practical cookbook.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
IMG_8671.JPG

Reactions: zay
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When one spouse sets rules like. I watch movies whenever I want to but You other watch movies only when I allow and on certain conditions and at most 1-2 hour a week and only after You all have run a mile without resting and behaved perfect at the dinnertable and the tricky spouse is also picky about what movie is a good movie and no talking is allowed and some kid has candystop because it was loud at dinnertable or did talk back too much while the other kids can sit and chew snacks. Sigh. healthbaromether is cooking.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Walking away during a conversation because your distracted.
Not acknowledging you have heard what the other person has said with a response.
Feeling that you and your children are not loved or worthy enough to have important things fixed in the house like electrical panel, cars, bringing in garage door opener at night while leaving car in driveway, all the while being asked repeatedly to please take care of all the above, but always saying I forgot.
Saying to your children don't tell mommy or she will get mad at me?
That's the short list!

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Taking a pee at Your spouse in the shower is a huge turn off, really deserves a pee sodadrink back at the best but one should not be a beast. I did hear that Australians were told to pee in the shower to save on water. Noone told them to pee on their spouse however.

Upvote 0