• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

"the theory of evolution,a theory...

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by Freedom777, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Freedom777

Freedom777 Member

+4
    Non-Denom
    universally accepted not because it can be proven by logically coherent evidence to be true, but becuase the only aternative, special creation, is clearly incredible" Watson,1929

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    DUDE why do you keep making these kinds of topics over and over.

3. Tinman

Tinman New Member

+0
    I think Holmes' reply was..."Evolution is elementary my dear Watson."

4. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    HAHA I like that.

5. armageddonman

armageddonman Beware the Cat

+1
    Do you actually think, science has made no new discoveries since 1928?

6. Freedom777

Freedom777 Member

+4
    Non-Denom
    Because you keep refering to evolution as a fact and it most certainly is not.I'm not talking about micro-evolution only particals to man evolution.anyway i'll let it rest. :sigh:

7. Freedom777

Freedom777 Member

+4
    Non-Denom
    No I don't armagedenman, but their is more than one way to interpret it. evidence i mean :wave:

8. kaotic

kaotic Learn physics

+3
    Agnostic
    US-Democrat
    the only evidence you have and other creationist has is GOD did it.

9. blader

blader Evilutionist

+0
    And you prove this by repeatedly quoting creationists?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sure as heck convinced.

10. armageddonman

armageddonman Beware the Cat

+1
    So why hasn´t any creationist come up with a scientific theory using the evidence used to back up the theories of evolution?

11. sulphur

sulphur thylacine

+0
    They can't find one

12. lucaspa

lucaspa Legend

+373
    Methodist
    Private
    That's why you formulate hypotheses and make deductions from them.  Those deductions become evidence you should find if the hypothesis is true.  IOW, you predict in advance the evidence you should find.

When you find the opposite, then your hypothesis is falsified.  This is what has happened to young earth creationism.  Scientists like Buckland, Sedgwick, Woodward, and Owen in the early 1800s predicted the type of evidence they should find in biological organisms if they were specially created.  When they found the opposite, special creation was in big trouble, and young earth was falsified outright by 1830.  They admitted special creation and young earth were falsified. 

What we have now are a group of people, for mistaken religious reasons, simply won't admit that the theory is falsified.  Invoking "more than one way to interpret" evidence is simply another way  of denial.

13. npetreley

npetreley pumpkin sailor

+2
    No, no - you're misquoting. Watson asked Holmes, "From what school did you get your silly notion that evolution is actually true?" To which Holmes replied, "Elementary, my dear Watson."

14. npetreley

npetreley pumpkin sailor

+2
    I guess that clinches it. We can all go home now.