• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

The theology of body language

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+24,649
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    *You are in the Catholic forum*

We've all heard the questions and the oft-passionate responses-is it more proper to receive Communion on the tongue or in the hand? Bowing the head or genuflecting beforehand, or kneeling as the host is presented? Which responses are more in line with ancient Church history? Which are more authentic traditions?

Continued below.
    The Theology of the Body Language

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Fenwick

Fenwick Faithful then, faithful now!

+6,954
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    I did not know Theology of the Body's origins before. Very interesting. In my defense... I haven't read Theology of the Body, so there's that...

Sometimes during the liturgy of the Eucharist, I'll see the person in the pew in front of me 'cheating' and kneeling/sitting. I always kind of wish I had a cattle prod that I could put on the lowest setting and just kind of jolt them. Not in a mean way, but like ZAP! GET UP SON!

But I digress...

Welp, Fenwick gets an F on that one! Will resubmit for credit.

Something interesting a trad friend said recently, he said we don't need to dip our fingers in holy water and make the sign of the cross when we leave because we've already received the graces from the Mass. Something along those lines anyway.

Truth. I see a lot of weaksauce genuflecting, but a lot of it is old people who I think have health issues that keep them from going all the way. So I try not to judge, but some people are obviously just going for minimal effort. There's this one young guy though, I always notice that he takes the time to go down on both knees and cross himself. It's not a quick thing and it's very intentional, I respect it a lot. Like, 'yeah bro, yeah'.