• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Texas Abortion Decision Is Bad For Everyone ( This is not abortion debate)

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Paradox.79, Sep 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paradox.79

Paradox.79 Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    What happens when the right and it is republicans on this one so what happens when they have another issue they can not win and they a law making it legal to sue people.

Trump and his coup, it has nothing to do with political affiliation and everything to do with the fact that is Trump had pulled it off he would made himself king...his ego would allow for nothing less. Mike Pence would have been hanged.

It is about abuse...the pro life people are not the majority. They use underhanded tactics to get around that constitution and the law and that law can be used and abused...you want to know how google it, I am not in the mood

2. Jay Sea

Jay Sea ................ Ke ĉiuj vivu

+157
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Any law that turns citizens into bounty hunters is wrong. The judges should have the guts and courage to frame laws within the realm of official legal entities. Any way why does the government not have right to halt laws that are unconstitutional after all the are elected to also create laws are they not???
    In LOve
    Jay Sea

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+8,022
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    What issue do you think they might do this for?

I don't see what Jan 6 has to do with this Texas abortion law. I don't think Trump would have hanged Pence, besides.

I don't think you answered my question - what about this Texas law gets around the Constitution? What about it is unconstitutional?

4. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,181
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    I agree, but the law went to the SCOTUS without standing. In other words, they just
    don't decide if a law is constitutional or not just to get a ruling. Someone has to violate
    the law, or at least challenge it as the AG is doing now.

I'm prolife, but I don't want doctors being sued by self-righteous people who
    think they know more about medicine than the doctors.

5. Paradox.79

Paradox.79 Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    In January 1973, the Supreme Court issued a 7–2 decision ruling that the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution provides a "right to privacy" that protects a pregnant woman's right to choose whether or not to have an abortion.

I am fully aware that certain group of people think they have the right to enforce there religious and moral beliefs onto another. But the majority of the country does not think saw so the Texas republicans found a way around it.

It opens the door to to attack other constitutional rights. And if you want to know google it.

6. Tom 1

Tom 1 Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+11,500
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    That seems inevitable. There does appear to be quite an appetite for religion by force in some sections of US society.

7. hedrick

hedrick Senior Veteran Supporter

+9,277
    Presbyterian
    Single
    I think they were using privacy in a different sense we use it when we’re talking about computer privacy. They meant that the State has no right to be regulate conduct where there isn’t a real need. Enforcing one position in a philosophical and religious debate doesn’t qualify.

8. JimR-OCDS

JimR-OCDS God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love

+2,181
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    So we should have no laws protecting the life of another human being because that's imposing religious and moral beliefs on the majority of the country ?

9. Paradox.79

Paradox.79 Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Yeah the constitution protects people rights, if a woman is victim of rape, she should not be forced to carry to term if she does not want to. Pregnancy IS STILL FATAL SOMETIMES!!!! Medicine has come along away but it still happens. BECAUSE PRENANCY CAN BE FATAL IT HAS TO BE A WOMANS CHOICE!!! You know I did not want to argue the abortion issue.

This is about how that law can be used to strike at other rights.

10. Paradox.79

Paradox.79 Member

+52
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You know what I really wanted to debate the law but seems some people want to debate abortion so I asked them to close the topic.

11. Joy

Joy Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,812
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    MOD HAT ON

After Staff Review

This Thread
    is Now
    Permanently Closed

as per Member's Request