Miami
✟39,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the reason I keep wondering whether my "givings of my life to Christ" are fake or real has something to do with the following statement in CS Lewis book, Mere Christianity, Chapter 8, "Is Christianity Hard or Easy?":

"The terrible thing, the almost impossible thing, is to hand over your whole self - all your wishes and precautions - to Christ."

Since it's a terrible thing, an almost impossible thing, no wonder many of us have trouble doing it for REAL.

• Prayers
Reactions: rocknanchor

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  1. Give Him what He asks for, first (in faith), then your trust will grow toward Him when He asks for the next thing.
  2. Read His Word so you can better understand who He is.
  3. Go to a church that will encourage you to grow in your faith.
There was a time in the Bible when many of Jesus' followers turned away from Him.
"Then Jesus said to the twelve,
'Do you also want to go away?'​
But Simon Peter answered Him,
'Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.
Also we have come to believe and know that
You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' ” John 6:67-69 NKJV​

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟986,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not to minimize what it is you are going through, for a time of suffering comes to us all on many fronts. But, God has begun a “good work in you” that ends up adding many things to our having Jesus formed within us. Meanwhile, during that battle, keep in mind,

Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

(1 Corinthians 7:20)​

Peace of God be upon you and yours!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

UVSATURATED2020

May 4, 2020
The Kingdom Of Heaven
✟8,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the reason I keep wondering whether my "givings of my life to Christ" are fake or real has something to do with the following statement in CS Lewis book, Mere Christianity, Chapter 8, "Is Christianity Hard or Easy?":

"The terrible thing, the almost impossible thing, is to hand over your whole self - all your wishes and precautions - to Christ."

Since it's a terrible thing, an almost impossible thing, no wonder many of us have trouble doing it for REAL.

Giving your life to Christ is actually easy, but we have not practiced it very much nor is it in our nature in these contemporary times. The hard part is knowing that when you do stand for Christ and give your heart over to him, you've automatically made an enemy of Satan, who will persecute you in the world. Although unseen, he is real, and your life will get hard. I know from experience. But I take it all in stride because I know that when my life is rough and I stand for what is righteous, and I suffer for it, then I know I am bound to Jesus, who is our savior.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
✟81,277.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Come as you are. It doesn't all happen at once, far from it.

Many people confuse justification with sanctification. Justification is a one time event that takes place the moment one believes. Sanctification is a lifelong process in the life of the believer.
Knowing the difference will make a difference.

John

• Agree
Reactions: Leet
Upvote 0