The Temple Recommend October 2019 focus is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok. So, it's faith, and then our faith to be saving must produce works.

Mormons repeatedly are told that blessings depend on obedience to specific laws.

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual Enrichment G, p. 395.gif

LDS Doctrine and Covenants Student Manual, Enrichment G, p. 395

I believe "we are saved by faith alone, but true saving faith produces good works." I would add that faith is a gift from God that man can't produce. God doesn't give faith that produces no good works. "For our faith to be saving" isn't taught by anyone I know. We don't make our faith saving. Jesus paid our sin debt and makes us new creatures.

1 Corinthians 15
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

2 Corithians 3
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Mormons are required to obey multiple extra-biblical commands from their prophets.
The "law of God given" refers to all Mormon laws. Unless a non-Mormon accepts Joseph Smith, gets baptized into Mormonism, gets temple endowments, marries by the proper authority for time and eternity, etc. he or she will not spend eternity with their gods.

The Trinity is not their god.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
(New Testament | Titus 1:16)

16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

...(New Testament | 1 John 2:4)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

That is how we recognize hypocrites. Hypocrites are not Christians.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think what Joseph Smith tried to do, unsuccessfully, was to bridge, somehow, the obvious gap between Protestant and Catholic salvation theology.

He didn't make it, though.

What he did was to reformulate the holiness theology of early Methodism. He did not successfully express what the genuinely Apostolic Churches (CC, EO, OO, ACE), teach about salvation. At all.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think what Joseph Smith tried to do, unsuccessfully, was to bridge, somehow, the obvious gap between Protestant and Catholic salvation theology.

He didn't make it, though.

What he did was to reformulate the holiness theology of early Methodism. He did not successfully express what the genuinely Apostolic Churches (CC, EO, OO, ACE), teach about salvation. At all.

Can you PM me what the Catholic holiness theology is if it isn't too much work?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So you believe He changed His position after He died?:

(New Testament | Matthew 16:24 - 27)

24 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.
26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?
27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

No. Bad works are punished. Good works are what His followers do.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

Upvote 0

twin.spin

Trust the LORD and not on your own understanding
May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
@twin.spin, isn't this the truth?!
View attachment 264624

And I thought it was only this:
View attachment 264625
For had it not been your posts like #10 (and others like it elsewhere) mine would not be as an effective relatable visual.
So if you're willing to add to the burden list placed on Mormons (whenever you're able) that would be great.
  • The Temple Recommend
  • Requirements for Exaltation (eternal life)
  • Working the Mormon "plan of salvation"
  • Accept all "callings" from the Bishop

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormons repeatedly are told that blessings depend on obedience to specific laws.

View attachment 264621

I believe "we are saved by faith alone, but true saving faith produces good works." I would add that faith is a gift from God that man can't produce. God doesn't give faith that produces no good works. "For our faith to be saving" isn't taught by anyone I know. We don't make our faith saving. Jesus paid our sin debt and makes us new creatures.

1 Corinthians 15
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

2 Corithians 3
5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Mormons are required to obey multiple extra-biblical commands from their prophets.
The "law of God given" refers to all Mormon laws. Unless a non-Mormon accepts Joseph Smith, gets baptized into Mormonism, gets temple endowments, marries by the proper authority for time and eternity, etc. he or she will not spend eternity with their gods.

God LOVES the obedient:

(Old Testament | Genesis 6:22)

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

(Old Testament | Exodus 24:7)

7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.

(Old Testament | Deuteronomy 6:1)

1 NOW these are the commandments, the statutes, and the judgments, which the LORD your God commanded to teach you, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go to possess it:

(Old Testament | 1 Samuel 15:22)

22 And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

(New Testament | Matthew 7:21)

21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

(New Testament | Acts 5:29)

29 ¶ Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

The Trinity is of man, not God.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No. Bad works are punished. Good works are what His followers do.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1 John 3:14
We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.
No works is the same as bad works:

(New Testament | James 4:17)

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of some of the burdens placed upon Mormons … there are at least:
  • The Temple Recommend
  • Requirements for Exaltation (eternal life)
  • Working the Mormon "plan of salvation"
  • Accept all "callings" from the Bishop
314548_2068f7746943d7fdf5c3ab4620acc166.gif

Most know full well the vitriol Mormonism has towards Biblical Christianity when God revealed:
Galatians 3:11
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." KJV

when LDS prophet Spencer Kimball stated:
“One of the most fallacious doctrines originated by Satan and propounded by man is that man is saved alone by the grace of God; that belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed for salvation” ~ Book of Mormon Student Manual, p. 36
First of all, the word 'burden' is not appropriate. If you go through the bible, you will read of the things that Jesus expects of us as his followers. Would you call these things 'burdens' too?

Is that why you have a tendency to look to Paul for your gospel, because he seems to remove all so called 'burdens' from you, and seems to allow you into heaven by just believing in Jesus.

Spencer Kimball was right, your belief that man is saved alone by the grace of God and that a belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed, is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.
How do you reconcile having the so called 'burden' of living the Law of Christ? (Galatians 6:2)

We are supported by the bible plenty, but the Christian doctrine of OSAS is totally false and will cause many to stumble by not doing what Jesus has taught us and shown us what to do.

I know that looks burdensome to you, but the bible is full of how to live your life. If that is a burden, then you are in the wrong religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin.spin

May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
First of all, the word 'burden' is not appropriate. If you go through the bible, you will read of the things that Jesus expects of us as his followers. Would you call these things 'burdens' too?
That's your dilemma then, since President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the 2017 fall General Conference stated otherwise:
No one else is responsible for your personal journey. The Savior will help you and prepare the way before you, but the commitment to follow Him and keep His commandments must come from you. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him” (Ensign, November 2017, p. 24)​

Is that why you have a tendency to look to Paul for your gospel, because he seems to remove all so called 'burdens' from you, and seems to allow you into heaven by just believing in Jesus.
Oh, so you object to what God revealed to Paul as being something Jesus not have saying?
Hmmm …
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." ~ Jesus

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." ~ Jesus​

Spencer Kimball was right, your belief that man is saved alone by the grace of God and that a belief in Jesus Christ alone is all that is needed, is not the gospel of Jesus Christ.
How do you reconcile having the so called 'burden' of living the Law of Christ? (Galatians 6:2
How? As being Mormonism's distorting the correct context of not only what God revealed to Paul but to all of the Bible writers.

As far as Spencer Kimball … there is nothing right when he is tragically suffering for being a false prophet (Galatians 1:8-9)

We are supported by the bible plenty, but the Christian doctrine of OSAS is totally false and will cause many to stumble by not doing what Jesus has taught us and shown us what to do.

I know that looks burdensome to you, but the bible is full of how to live your life. If that is a burden, then you are in the wrong religion.
It's burdensome because Mormonism makes it so .. Jesus the exemplar puts the burden of climbing the ladder to godhood solely your responsibility to follow:

No one else is responsible for your personal journey. The Savior will help you and prepare the way before you, but the commitment to follow Him and keep His commandments must come from you. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him”
~ President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the 2017 fall General Conference

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 264621

1 Corinthians 15

2 Corithians 3

Hello, the Trinity is our God. It is just that the Trinity that we believe in is the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, separate and distinct Persons, rather than 1 God in 3 Persons.
But we definitely believe in the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. Don't tell people something different.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
That's your dilemma then, since President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the 2017 fall General Conference stated otherwise:
No one else is responsible for your personal journey. The Savior will help you and prepare the way before you, but the commitment to follow Him and keep His commandments must come from you. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him” (Ensign, November 2017, p. 24)​

Oh, so you object to what God revealed to Paul as being something Jesus not have saying?
Hmmm …
"He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." ~ Jesus

"And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." ~ Jesus​

How? As being Mormonism's distorting the correct context of not only what God revealed to Paul but to all of the Bible writers.

As far as Spencer Kimball … there is nothing right when he is tragically suffering for being a false prophet (Galatians 1:8-9)

It's burdensome because Mormonism makes it so .. Jesus the exemplar puts the burden of climbing the ladder to godhood solely your responsibility to follow:

No one else is responsible for your personal journey. The Savior will help you and prepare the way before you, but the commitment to follow Him and keep His commandments must come from you. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him”
~ President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the 2017 fall General Conference
When Jesus says that whosoever believeth in me with be saved, we believe him. We also believe Jesus when he says to keep his commandments. We cannot ignore 1 or the other, both are critical to salvation.

So implicit to the word 'believe' in his saying to be saved, is that if you 'believe' you will obviously follow him and do what he did and keep his commandments. If you do not these things then he will know that you really do not believe in him.
So, again, if you seem to think following Jesus and doing the things that Jesus did and keeping his commandments are somehow burdensome, you are in the wrong religion.

You have chosen the word 'burden' in Uchtdorf's speech out of context. Listen to the words right after he uses the word 'burden'. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him”

Your sole burden.
Your sole privilege.
This is your great adventure
Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him.

In some ways it is a burden to follow the Savior, but we take that burden with gladness and do our best in our exciting journey to eternal life. So to me my burdens are swallowed up in blessings Jesus gives me for following him. My burdens are swallowed up in the knowledge and experience I gain in following him. My burdens are swallowed up in the happiness it brings me and my family to follow him. So don't try to escape the burden, take upon you the cross of Jesus and march forward in triumph over this world and endless days in the presence of God and Jesus forever and ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

twin.spin

May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
When Jesus says that whosoever believeth in me with be saved, we believe him. We also believe Jesus when he says to keep his commandments. We cannot ignore 1 or the other, both are critical to salvation.

So implicit to the word 'believe' in his saying to be saved, is that if you 'believe' you will obviously follow him and do what he did and keep his commandments. If you do not these things then he will know that you really do not believe in him.
So, again, if you seem to think following Jesus and doing the things that Jesus did and keeping his commandments are somehow burdensome, you are in the wrong religion.

You have chosen the word 'burden' in Uchtdorf's speech out of context. Listen to the words right after he uses the word 'burden'. That is your sole burden, your sole privilege. This is your great adventure. Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him”

Your sole burden.
Your sole privilege.
This is your great adventure
Please heed the call of your Savior. Follow Him.

In some ways it is a burden to follow the Savior, but we take that burden with gladness and do our best in our exciting journey to eternal life. So to me my burdens are swallowed up in blessings Jesus gives me for following him. My burdens are swallowed up in the knowledge and experience I gain in following him. My burdens are swallowed up in the happiness it brings me and my family to follow him. So don't try to escape the burden, take upon you the cross of Jesus and march forward in triumph over this world and endless days in the presence of God and Jesus forever and ever.
This may sound all so well and good to your ears except that it's nearly totally flawed should someone go through everything you've rehearsed.

The fatal flaw is the failure of the LDS Church to understand the main reason why God gave the commandments, it was to show us our utter inability to keep the commandments, “By the law is the knowledge of sin” (Romans 3:20).

In fact, God wants us to have no illusions that we can keep the commandments when he revealed: “The law was added so that the trespass might increase.” Romans 5:20

You will not find the end result of Mormonism is as God revealed:
"cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” (Galatians 3:10).​
Trying to do go is not good enough. A person has to continue to do everything. If not, God’s verdict is being cursed.

The alternative is what Biblical Christianity teaches … Jesus the substitute
“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.” (Galatians 3:13)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)​

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This may sound all so well and good to your ears except that it's nearly totally flawed should someone go through everything you've rehearsed.

The fatal flaw is the failure of the LDS Church to understand the main reason why God gave the commandments, it was to show us our utter inability to keep the commandments, “By the law is the knowledge of sin” (Romans 3:20).

In fact, God wants us to have no illusions that we can keep the commandments when he revealed: “The law was added so that the trespass might increase.” Romans 5:20

"cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” (Galatians 3:10).​
Trying to do go is not good enough. A person has to continue to do everything. If not, God’s verdict is being cursed.

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.” (Galatians 3:13)

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God – not by works, so that no one can boast.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)​
There are those who love sin more than they love Jesus:

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 24)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So you think the idea that a believer is going to follow Jesus, do the things that Jesus does, and keep his commandments is totally flawed. I can only say, have a good journey with Jesus.

You would be correct if the Church of Jesus Christ followed the Law of Moses and tried real hard to keep all of the commandments of the Law of Moses. Fortunately we do not.

We follow the Law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), and we follow the words of Jesus. Here they are:
John 3:15-16 King James Version (KJV)
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
John 14:21 King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Here is the real question: Is Jesus talking about keeping the commandments of the Law of Moses? NO. So your Romans 3:20 is not applicable to Jesus's word to keep his commandments.
Knowing and keeping his commandments are necessary to to have his love and the love of his Father. I submit that if you are not loved of Jesus and the Father, you can believe all day long and will not be in heaven with them for eternity.

But it all starts with "belief", unless you "believe" you will never take the next step and live Jesus's commandments. If you don't live the commandments you have no love from Jesus or his Father. It is all tied together. The love of Jesus and the Father is another word for "grace". If you believe and keep the commandments of the Law of Christ (Galatians 6:2), you will have the grace of Jesus and God and will have eternal life with them.

Do you murder? Do you commit adultery? Do you steal? Do you hate your father and mother? Do you tell falsehoods? Do you hate your neighbor? Do you love your neighbors wife?
Of course not, but why?
Do you love your neighbor? Do you love your father and mother? Do you testify for Jesus? Do you help your neighbor? Do you feed the hungry? Do you cloth the naked? Do you lift the burdens of the poor when you can, and as much as you can?
Of course you do, because you love Jesus, and he has asked you to do these things, if you really believe.

But I guarantee you that if you did not do these things, Jesus, nor his Father would love you, even if every Sunday you praised him and said you believed in him. So keep doing these things and you will be fine.

Again, this is about the Law of Moses and in not applicable to this discussion.

Again this Book of the Law, is the Law of Moses and is not applicable to this discussion, we live in the NT not the OT. We live under the Law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) not under the Law of Moses.

So your flawed idea that you must do everything applied to the Law of Moses, which we do not live under. But Jesus, in the NT has told us to believe and keep his commandments and if we do we will be loved of him and his Father. If we do not, we will not be loved and no eternal life.

Yes, your alternative erases half the equation. To believe is important, but unless you keep the commandments too, Jesus and the Father will not give you their grace. Ephesians 2:8-9 is for those that believe and keep the law of Christ. Sorry there is a progression to salvation, it is not all done by Jesus. The scriptures are against OSAS.

• Agree
Reactions: He is the way
Upvote 0

twin.spin

May 1, 2010
✟72,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So you think the idea that a believer is going to follow Jesus, do the things that Jesus does, and keep his commandments is totally flawed. I can only say, have a good journey with Jesus.
Mormonism is severely flawed, so much so that it ends tragically in being cursed by God.
Yes, your alternative erases half the equation. To believe is important, but unless you keep the commandments too, Jesus and the Father will not give you their grace. Ephesians 2:8-9 is for those that believe and keep the law of Christ. Sorry there is a progression to salvation, it is not all done by Jesus. The scriptures are against OSAS.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
God revealed just the opposite:

"For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."
(Hebrews 10:14)

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
(Romans 6:23)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Mormonism is severely flawed, so much so that it ends tragically in being cursed by God.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
God revealed just the opposite:

"For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified."
(Hebrews 10:14)

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
(Romans 6:23)

Some people like to cherry pick the scriptures because they can't understand Christ"s sayings are all about LOVE:

(New Testament | Luke 6:41 - 49)

41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.
43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
46 ¶ And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.
49 But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

(New Testament | John 14:24)

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.