✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Question for Joelthe vicious.....
So if a Christian has everything else right according to scripture, but falsely worships the Lord on Sunday, will they still be saved?

If he "falsely worships the Lord" on Sunday or Saturday or whenever, he will not still be saved. But if he sincerely and honestly worships the Lord on Sunday or Saturday or whenever, he shall be saved without doubt. Because no one can have ‘everything else right according to scripture’, but falsely worship the Lord.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus was on the cross ~3pm - 6pm local.
The Jewish day ended at SUNSET.

John 19:31[ Care of the Body of Jesus ]
Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

John 19:38
After these things Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but a secret one for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate granted permission. So he came and took away His body.

1 Corinthians 15:4
and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Matthew 16:21[ Jesus Foretells His Death ]
From that time Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised up on the third day.

Matthew 17:23
and they will kill Him, and He will be raised on the third day.” And they were deeply grieved.

Matthew 20:19
and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him, and on the third day He will be raised up.”

Luke 9:22
saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed and be raised up on the third day.”

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
if he sincerely and honestly worships the Lord on Sunday or Saturday or whenever, he shall be saved without doubt.

That is NOT the requirements for salvation.
SEE: John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was on the cross ~3pm - 6pm local.
The Jewish day ended at SUNSET.

Then the Jews, because it was the day of preparation, so that the bodies would not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

The Preparation (Friday at Thursday "evening having come" Mark 15:42) was prospective and John uses a subjunctive future 'tense'. It was the Sixth Day "because The Preparation had begun" - 'epei Paraskeueh ehn'. It would start "dawning towards the Sabbath" - 'Sabbaton epephohsken' after Joseph would have closed the tomb 3 p.m. "That Day", about 20-21 hours later. Luke 23:54.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John 19:38
After these things Joseph of Arimathea, being a disciple of Jesus, but a secret one for fear of the Jews, asked Pilate that he might take away the body of Jesus; and Pilate granted permission. So he came and took away His body.

These are two night scenes, in fact "at The First Night" John 19:39, "solemnly to be observed" Exodus 12:41 and "the flesh with ULB" should have been eaten ... "a feast"! But alas! no lamb "this that main first day ye shall KILL the passover" was slain, while the LORD "provided" and "Our Passover", "the Lamb of God" instead was sacrificed on the day before "At the First Night", "on the fourteenth day of the First Month" Exodus 12:6 Leviticus 23:5 et al.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if he sincerely and honestly worships the Lord on Sunday or Saturday or whenever, he shall be saved without doubt.

That is NOT the requirements for salvation.
SEE: John 3 as explained in Ephesians 2

OK if OK for you. I see no difference or anomaly or anything at odds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
O yes, and for a third thing, That you chose something to inform me on which I know best in the world.

I doubt you know it "best in the world." Every standard lexicon has ἐπιφώσκω meaning to grow light / begin to dawn.

There is no mystery about the meaning of this word. I'm afraid your analysis is wrong.

The word is in the form of a present participle, meaning this growing light / beginning to dawn was happening at the same time as the main verb (Mary 1 and Mary 2 going to the tomb). The CSB translates well: After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to view the tomb.

And, of course, we have Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, and John 20:1 to reinforce what Matthew 28:1 is saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the crux of all Sunday contentions...

Look at BABerean2's picture of the cross.

See that it portrays an empty cross with the sun about to set.

Well, THAT IS IT, the most satanic deception this world has in its existence witnessed and has swallowed whole for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Billions times billions of people have carried and every second of every day are cherishing the LIE of the empty cross around the neck on their heart. The head of the Christian Church and every one of his worshippers make the token of this LIE of CRUCIFYING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ANEW AND EVER ANEW UNTIL Jesus Christ shall put a stop to the abominable doctrine when He shall come again and shall not delay the destruction of its practice, the abomination of this Tau cultist ritual.

God shall restore his Written Word that until the last halve of the last century used to obstruct this viral plague to shoot its roots in the minds of ALL Christians.

Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 and Luke 23:50 show the TRUE picture of that cross WITH Jesus ON IT UNTIL "EVENING HAD COME since That Day the Preparation had begun", and "after these things" only, when only Joseph arrived and began to negotiate with Pilate over Jesus' body, DEAD for at least three hours plus and STILL HANGING on that cross AFTER the sun had set.

Only by starting with these texts to reverse the time of day Jesus was BURIED, back onto the day He was crucified, can and must the day on which He rose from the dead be advanced from "on the Sabbath before the First Day of the week" onto 'after the Sabbath on the First Day of the week', Sunday, in Matthew 28:1.

So noticed they it, and changed they, the Written Word of God according to what they, have noticed, and they, succeeded in, in obtaining all honour and dignity belonging to Jesus' RESURRECTION "on the Sabbath", for the FALSE day of the Christians' worship, Sunday.
I was visiting the late Mother Angelica's Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Alabama in June 2016 when I took the picture below. I don't think you can tell, but there is actually a wire sticking up out of the cross where the top of it used to be. I asked the facilities/maintenance guy who was standing there why it was like that, and he said that it got blown off in a storm before Mother Angelica died and that she said not to replace it because the Tau cross was associated with the Franciscans. That's all I really know about it. I'm not Catholic, but I visit a variety of religious sites on a semi-regular basis in the general region near where I live. I was doing a rosary theme on my profile, but I decided to go to a more baptist/evangelical theme now, which is probably truer to my roots. I do like the Dominican rosary, and the only parts that aren't really "Biblical" about it are the Assumption of Mary, the Coronation of Mary as Queen of the Universe, and also the institution of the Eucharist. I think that Mary probably is just below Jesus as Queen in Heaven, and I do believe in celebrating a Passover-like meal in memory of Jesus, but there is a certain cult-like quality to the Eucharist in the Catholic Church.

13528649-838110528571-7176944441716848633-o.jpg

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Look at BABerean2's picture of the cross.

See that it portrays an empty cross with the sun about to set.

353202.jpg

The sad thing is how much time I wasted searching the internet for clues as to which way the camera was pointing when that shot was taken. I found that wall line on the top of Golgotha, north of the old Jerusalem, and I matched the angle. I also found the most likely position for the camera, based on the abundance of past shots all posted from the same location. By comparing other pictures, plus one distinctive red roof found on Google Maps, I determined that this is not a picture of the sun setting behind the cross. This is a picture of the sun rising behind the cross.

I don't even care which one it is. I don't see why it matters. The person in the photo isn't even wearing period clothing, which means that it isn't the day of the resurrection, the day after, nor the day after that. We don't know which day of the week it is, nor whom the person is. We only know that the cross is empty (no one should be shocked by that fact. Christ isn't permanently crucified)...

...and that it's early in the morning.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The way that sigils and talismans work (which is what these relics are) is that they mean to the viewer whatever the viewer thinks they mean... To God, such symbols are vanity in the least and idolatry in the most.

They are tools of sorcery and magic and put forth in the Book of Enoch as skills taught to man by the fallen angels...

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
353202.jpg

The sad thing is how much time I wasted searching the internet for clues as to which way the camera was pointing when that shot was taken. I found that wall line on the top of Golgotha, north of the old Jerusalem, and I matched the angle. I also found the most likely position for the camera, based on the abundance of past shots all posted from the same location. By comparing other pictures, plus one distinctive red roof found on Google Maps, I determined that this is not a picture of the sun setting behind the cross. This is a picture of the sun rising behind the cross.

I don't even care which one it is. I don't see why it matters. The person in the photo isn't even wearing period clothing, which means that it isn't the day of the resurrection, the day after, nor the day after that. We don't know which day of the week it is, nor whom the person is. We only know that the cross is empty (no one should be shocked by that fact. Christ isn't permanently crucified)...

...and that it's early in the morning.

You forgot to view the angle of approach of BABerean's post, and so was able to distort the inference which I drew from the picture or photo or whatever. Fact remains 'standing like a pole above water', The INTENT of the picture or of the millions of similar pictures PORTRAYING A TOTALLY UNREALISTIC AND UNTRUE scene of a or rather of THE cross TO SHOW it standing EMPTY BEFORE SUNSET ON the day Jesus was crucified. In other words, to prove a 'Good Friday' Crucifixion. THAT, and nothing else. Ask the BABerean or is it Dale Ratzlaff? for this solid, undeniable, CRUCIAL, reason: If there was not a Friday Crucifixion there was not a Sunday morning Resurrection! As simple and as CLEAR as that. So simple and so clear if the BURIAL DAY of Jesus is swallowed whole by the Crucifixion day of Jesus.
And what makes all this a serious affair for any honest Christian is its tremendous, unbelievable, flabbergasting SUCCESS.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I determined that this is not a picture of the sun setting behind the cross. This is a picture of the sun rising behind the cross.

Well, then it cannot have been Jesus' cross. "That they" - the crucified AND the crosses for the Jews, to save face, not long after sunset "That Selfsame NIGHT to be solemnly observed", "might be taken away" [kai arthohsin], "BECAUSE That Day was great day-of-sabbath" for them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way that sigils and talismans work (which is what these relics are) is that they mean to the viewer whatever the viewer thinks they mean... To God, such symbols are vanity in the least and idolatry in the most.

They are tools of sorcery and magic and put forth in the Book of Enoch as skills taught to man by the fallen angels...
Now we too know that you have read the book of Enoch.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was visiting the late Mother Angelica's Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Hanceville, Alabama in June 2016 when I took the picture below. I don't think you can tell, but there is actually a wire sticking up out of the cross where the top of it used to be. I asked the facilities/maintenance guy who was standing there why it was like that, and he said that it got blown off in a storm before Mother Angelica died and that she said not to replace it because the Tau cross was associated with the Franciscans. That's all I really know about it. I'm not Catholic, but I visit a variety of religious sites on a semi-regular basis in the general region near where I live. I was doing a rosary theme on my profile, but I decided to go to a more baptist/evangelical theme now, which is probably truer to my roots. I do like the Dominican rosary, and the only parts that aren't really "Biblical" about it are the Assumption of Mary, the Coronation of Mary as Queen of the Universe, and also the institution of the Eucharist. I think that Mary probably is just below Jesus as Queen in Heaven, and I do believe in celebrating a Passover-like meal in memory of Jesus, but there is a certain cult-like quality to the Eucharist in the Catholic Church.

"The Spirit Himself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God"
Romans 8:16

Thank God!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt you know it "best in the world." Every standard lexicon has ἐπιφώσκω meaning to grow light / begin to dawn.

There is no mystery about the meaning of this word. I'm afraid your analysis is wrong.

The word is in the form of a present participle, meaning this growing light / beginning to dawn was happening at the same time as the main verb (Mary 1 and Mary 2 going to the tomb). The CSB translates well: After the Sabbath, as the first day of the week was dawning, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to view the tomb.

And, of course, we have Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, and John 20:1 to reinforce what Matthew 28:1 is saying.

You may actually read 'Every standard lexicon' up until and including Bauer's, NOT 'meaning to grow light / begin to dawn', but "erstrahlen" - 'shining'; "Sabbat brach an" - which is wrong but nevertheless implies "late (sunset)" and NOT 'to grow light' or, 'begin to dawn', UNLESS they have in the meantime been 'updated' to fit a Sunday morning resurrection.

If you know of any 'standard lexicon' before Bauer not consulted here, http://www.biblestudents.co.za/books/Book 2. Resurrection.pdf,
please let me know!

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Absolutely! Absolutely proving 'Opse de Sabbatohn tehi epiphohskousehi' - "Late ON the Sabbath, Sabbath's-time in the mid-inclining-DAY-LIGHT-shining", "(as it began to dawn) towards / unto / before the First Day of the week" - 'eis Mian sabbatohn'.

Now see just HOW MUCH Sunday sacredness means for Christians!

Upvote 0