Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is the crux of all Sunday contentions...

Look at BABerean2's picture of the cross.

See that it portrays an empty cross with the sun about to set.

Well, THAT IS IT, the most satanic deception this world has in its existence witnessed and has swallowed whole for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Billions times billions of people have carried and every second of every day are cherishing the LIE of the empty cross around the neck on their heart. The head of the Christian Church and every one of his worshippers make the token of this LIE of CRUCIFYING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ANEW AND EVER ANEW UNTIL Jesus Christ shall put a stop to the abominable doctrine when He shall come again and shall not delay the destruction of its practice, the abomination of this Tau cultist ritual.

God shall restore his Written Word that until the last halve of the last century used to obstruct this viral plague to shoot its roots in the minds of ALL Christians.

Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 and Luke 23:50 show the TRUE picture of that cross WITH Jesus ON IT UNTIL "EVENING HAD COME since That Day the Preparation had begun", and "after these things" only, when only Joseph arrived and began to negotiate with Pilate over Jesus' body, DEAD for at least three hours plus and STILL HANGING on that cross AFTER the sun had set.

Only by starting with these texts to reverse the time of day Jesus was BURIED, back onto the day He was crucified, can and must the day on which He rose from the dead be advanced from "on the Sabbath before the First Day of the week" onto 'after the Sabbath on the First Day of the week', Sunday, in Matthew 28:1.

So noticed they it, and changed they, the Written Word of God according to what they, have noticed, and they, succeeded in, in obtaining all honour and dignity belonging to Jesus' RESURRECTION "on the Sabbath", for the FALSE day of the Christians' worship, Sunday.

Last edited:
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς μίαν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι τὸν τάφον

That word in bold, ἐπιφώσκω (epiphosko) means "to become light", it refers to the dawning light of the morning. When is this? Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te) and εἰς μίαν σαββάτων (eis mian sabbaton). The first phrase is constructed "After the Sabbath had ended" or some variant, since the word opse indicates after a length of time, or to describe evening; and the second phrase is constructed "toward the first day of the week" literally "toward/unto first [of the ]week". The first σαββάτων containing the definite article is interpreted to mean "Sabbath" rather than "week"; whereas the second σαββάτων is interpreted to mean "week" given the lack of the article along with the use of μίαν (first of) to indicate the standard day numbering scheme standard to Jewish usage.

As such the text sets the timing at the conclusion of seventh day, and just before dawn on the first day. You know, like what we all already know and have always believed since the very beginning.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If I had not received it I might have had reason to feel persuaded by the scorn and derision. So thanks chaps for your edifying contribution.

Received what?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ ἐπιφωσκούσῃ εἰς μίαν σαββάτων ἦλθεν Μαρία ἡ Μαγδαληνὴ καὶ ἡ ἄλλη Μαριὰ θεωρῆσαι τὸν τάφον

That word in bold, ἐπιφώσκω (epiphosko) means "to become light", it refers to the dawning light of the morning. When is this? Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te) and εἰς μίαν σαββάτων (eis mian sabbaton). The first phrase is constructed "After the Sabbath had ended" or some variant, since the word opse indicates after a length of time, or to describe evening; and the second phrase is constructed "toward the first day of the week" literally "toward/unto first [of the ]week". The first σαββάτων containing the definite article is interpreted to mean "Sabbath" rather than "week"; whereas the second σαββάτων is interpreted to mean "week" given the lack of the article along with the use of μίαν (first of) to indicate the standard day numbering scheme standard to Jewish usage.

As such the text sets the timing at the conclusion of seventh day, and just before dawn on the first day. You know, like what we all already know and have always believed since the very beginning.

-CryptoLutheran

For two things, thank you, 1) for having replied. 2) for having been polite and true to your avatar motto, 'Keep calm and remember your baptism'.
O yes, and for a third thing, That you chose something to inform me on which I know best in the world. Because I researched the expression exhaustively. Yes, every incidence referred in lexicons and stuff from source publications where available directly researched by me, like never done before.

Now let me guess. You got your information from Strongs? If you have, won't you please consult an old, 'hard cover' Strongs? If you find one, please check if you find the same information you placed here, in it?

Because I want to dare tell you, you won't.

I want to dare tell you will find something quite different in that old Youngs. Something along the following lines...

ἐπιφώσκω -- meaning not 'to become light' but "declining-over-light", literally referring to
'tehi' - "in the"
'epi' as in 'epicentre', - "mid", “mid-over”, “mid-over-inclining”
'phohs' cf. 'phosphorous' - "light" / "day" / "daylight"
'-ousehi' - "IN BEING" Dative Participle suffix
'tehi epiphohskousehi' - "in-the very-mid-inclining-after-noon-day-light-being"
equivalent more or less of 'vespers' - "towards the west" or sunset.
That's 'When this is'; not, 'the morning'.

Re:
'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te) and εἰς μίαν σαββάτων (eis mian sabbaton).'

The first phrase is not 'constructed', 'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te)';
it is 'constructed', 'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων (opse de sabbatohn)' - "Late on the Sabbath" or "In the end of the Sabbath" Genitive of time or quality or kind. (Or even an Ablative, "in the after-Sabbath").

Sorry, No 'or some variant', since the word 'opse' indicates time in or time of, "Late in" or "Late in", to describe "the Sabbath's fullness-in-time", "in the mid-afternoon declining daylight being" before sunset; not after sunset, 'evening' ['heh opsia'].

Therefore we have three time-phrases so far, 1) 'opse'; 2) 'Sabbatohn'; 3) 'tehi epiphohskousehi'.

So not 'the second phrase' but the fourth time-phrase is 'εἰς μίαν σαββάτων', literally, "toward/unto first [of the]week". Very good!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Here is the crux of all Sunday contentions...

Look at BABerean2's picture of the cross.

See that it portrays an empty cross with the sun about to set.

Well, THAT IS IT, the most satanic deception this world has in its existence witnessed and has swallowed whole for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Billions times billions of people have carried and every second of every day are cherishing the LIE of the empty cross around the neck on their heart. The head of the Christian Church and every one of his worshippers make the token of this LIE of CRUCIFYING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST ANEW AND EVER ANEW UNTIL Jesus Christ shall put a stop to the abominable doctrine when He shall come again and shall not delay the destruction of its practice, the abomination of this Tau cultist ritual.

God shall restore his Written Word that until the last halve of the last century used to obstruct this viral plague to shoot its roots in the minds of ALL Christians.

Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31 and Luke 23:50 show the TRUE picture of that cross WITH Jesus ON IT UNTIL "EVENING HAD COME since That Day the Preparation had begun", and "after these things" only, when only Joseph arrived and began to negotiate with Pilate over Jesus' body, DEAD for at least three hours plus and STILL HANGING on that cross AFTER the sun had set.

Only by starting with these text to reverse the time of day Jesus was BURIED, back onto the day He was crucified, can and must the day on which He rose from the dead be advanced from "on the Sabbath before the First Day of the week" onto 'after the Sabbath on the First Day of the week', Sunday, in Matthew 28:1.

So noticed they it, and changed they, the Written Word of God according to what they, have noticed, and they, succeeded in, in obtaining all honour and dignity belonging to Jesus' RESURRECTION "on the Sabbath", for the FALSE day of the Christians' worship, Sunday.
The bare cross was the norm in Christianity until the Middle Ages when the crucifix started to become common, so the latter version was the innovation (if it matters), not the other way around.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Radagast
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For two things, thank you, 1) for having replied. 2) for having been polite and true to your avatar motto, 'Keep calm and remember your baptism'.
O yes, and for a third thing, That you chose something to inform me on which I know best in the world. Because I researched the expression exhaustively. Yes, every incidence referred in lexicons and stuff from source publications where available directly researched by me, like never done before.
Now let me guess. You got your information from Strongs? If you have, won't you please consult an old, 'hard cover' Strongs? If you find one, please check if you find the same information you placed here, in it?
Because I want to dare tell you, you won't.
I want to dare tell you will find something quite different in that old Youngs. Something along the following lines...
ἐπιφώσκω -- meaning not 'to become light' but "declining-over-light", literally referring to
'tehi' - "in the"
'epi' as in 'epicentre', - "mid", “mid-over”, “mid-over-inclining”
'phohs' cf. 'phosphorous' - "light" / "day" / "daylight"
'-ousehi' - "IN BEING" Dative Participle suffix
'tehi epiphohskousehi' - "in-the very-mid-inclining-after-noon-day-light-being"
equivalent more or less of 'vespers' - "towards the west" or sunset.
That's 'When this is'; not, 'the morning'.
Re:
'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te) and εἰς μίαν σαββάτων (eis mian sabbaton).'
The first phrase is not 'constructed', 'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων τῇ (opse de sabbaton te)';
it is 'constructed', 'Ὀψὲ δὲ σαββάτων (opse de sabbatohn)' - "Late on the Sabbath" or "In the end of the Sabbath" Genitive of time or quality or kind. (Or even an Ablative, "in the after-Sabbath").
Sorry, No 'or some variant', since the word 'opse' indicates time in or time of, "Late in" or "Late in", to describe "the Sabbath's fullness-in-time", "in the mid-afternoon declining daylight being" before sunset; not after sunset, 'evening' ['heh opsia'].
Therefore we have three time-phrases so far, 1) 'opse'; 2) 'Sabbatohn'; 3) 'tehi epiphohskousehi'.
So not 'the second phrase' but the fourth time-phrase is 'εἰς μίαν σαββάτων', literally, "toward/unto first [of the]week". Very good
Young's Literal Translation - History
Young's Literal Translation of the Bible was first translated in 1862 by Robert Young, a Scottish publisher who was self-taught and proficient in various ancient languages.
In addition to being self taught Young did not have available to him the scholarship of the past 100+ years such as Qumran, Dead Sea scrolls etc. Perhaps one might consult some more up to date resources such as Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich, Danker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The empty cross points to Jesus the Divine Messiah's voluntary completed work in His Holy Blood on that unjust tree. It points to His miraculous and unique life, death, burial, resurrection, appearances, ascension.

It points to the FACT that changed the world:

Matthew 28:6
He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.

Mark 16:6
And he said to them, “Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The empty cross points to Jesus the Divine Messiah's voluntary completed work in His Holy Blood on that unjust tree. It points to His miraculous and unique life, death, burial, resurrection, appearances, ascension.

It points to the FACT that changed the world:

Matthew 28:6
He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying.

Mark 16:6
And he said to them, “Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, here is the place where they laid Him.

Good people are the vulnerable. I judge no one nor blame any for honestly and earnestly believing as long as it is Christ they believe in, and I believe Christ it is they believe in. Believe in to the salvation of their soul.

It does not mean we - I as well as they - along the way have not picked up and accumulated a lot of spiritual debris detrimental to our faith. Sometimes, no, more often than not, it's toxic debris we cherish for truth. And one of that kind of burdens we love to be crushed under, are the 'pointers' to Jesus and supposed FACTS concerning Him.

I referred to the BABerean's avatar picture of 1) an empty cross, with 2) in the background the sun almost under, 'pointing to' day's END.

That is what I am talking about, and about the meaning the cross in this picture has and must have for good honest Christian people so that they in virtually every case never even think what they are 'pointed' to and what it means, implies, teaches, and indoctrinates them with!

What then is the doctrine that becomes part of their biochemistry, of their genes and chromosomes so to speak?
For them 'the FACT' Jesus was taken off the cross and finished buried BEFORE DAY'S END OF THE DAY HE WAS CRUCIFIED.

For which FALSE 'fact' Christianity in to-to fell.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Young's Literal Translation of the Bible was first translated in 1862 by Robert Young, a Scottish publisher who was self-taught and proficient in various ancient languages.
In addition to being self taught Young did not have available to him the scholarship of the past 100+ years such as Qumran, Dead Sea scrolls etc. Perhaps one might consult some more up to date resources such as Bauer, Arndt, Gingrich, Danker.

Thanks a lot. I did not notice that I wrote 'Youngs' instead of 'Strongs'. Doesn't matter, it applies to both all the same. No it does not, I don't think 'Youngs' has been spruced up like 'Strongs' has been.

Upvote 0

Joelthe vicious

Jan 4, 2018
Johannesburg
✟22,918.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The more remarkable, his incomparable masterpiece and many other great works that Robert Young was self-taught. LL.D and Professorship really honourable! Like my other hero Karl Barth!

Noteworthy in my opinion, both Protestants, unlike the Roman Catholic BADG of Distinction.

Upvote 0