Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess I missed the part where converting to the religion of one's spouse or intended spouse--which is done countless times by Americans of all faiths--is supposed to be criminal.:rolleyes:
Converting to Orthodox Judaism is not a crime, but some may not consider it to be good judgement.

In 2018 Jared Kushner’s company was hit with $210,000 worth of fines for falsifying construction permits. These were not the first fines Kushner has accumulated.
Kushner Cos. Fined For Falsifying Construction Permits

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The report states all presidents divested, and l still don't believe a word of it...im surprised you all do.

I don't know what's in this report you speak of, but I do know that you misused the word "divest" in what appeared to be a lack of understanding of the term.

(The "report" probably says "modern presidents" or infers such as none of the early presidents sold the people they owned.)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Converting to Orthodox Judaism is not a crime, but some may not consider it to be good judgement.

In 2018 Jared Kushner’s company was hit with $210,000 worth of fines for falsifying construction permits. These were not the first fines Kushner has accumulated.
Kushner Cos. Fined For Falsifying Construction Permits

That's all well and good, but the post to which I replied said this:

Talk about a crime syndicate, Trump’s daughter Ivanka converted to Judaism in order to marry her sweetheart Jared Kushner.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Republicans have been following the strategy for decades now of attacking their opponents on the topics they’re strongest on or which they themselves are weakest on. It’s a surprisingly effective tactic (if you don’t care about truth).

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Republicans have been following the strategy for decades now of attacking their opponents on the topics they’re strongest on or which they themselves are weakest on. It’s a surprisingly effective tactic (if you don’t care about truth).

If you tell a lie often enough, people begin to believe it, and I suppose the same is true with these kinds of accusations. Truth or fairness stopped mattering for the Right when they made Nixon a martyr.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Donald Trump is the first president in modern history to refuse to divest from his business interests upon taking office.

I thought he did divest, and let his kids run the business?

No, he didn't.

Were you all expecting him to get rid of his business?

That's what the word "divest" means."

Is the op really saying all prior presidents shut down or got rid of their business prior to them taking office?

No. Did you read the OP? Why would you think that that's what it says?

The report states all presidents divested, and l still don't believe a word of it...im surprised you all do.

No, it doesn't say that.

I don't know what's in this report you speak of, but I do know that you misused the word "divest" in what appeared to be a lack of understanding of the term.

(The "report" probably says "modern presidents" or infers such as none of the early presidents sold the people they owned.)

DING DING DING!!!

From the article:
After all, if Trump really cared about corruption, he would have done what every other modern president did before taking office and divested from his business before taking office.

Nobody is claiming that Washington and Jefferson sold off their plantations. But I suppose ridiculing strawmen is easier than reading.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, it doesn't say that.

It does.

Donald Trump is the first president in modern history to refuse to divest from his business interests upon taking office.

Meaning, all other presidents divested... it's not that complicated.

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It does.

Bruh, this is embarrassing to watch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yet you make no comment at all in the post.

Other people are handling this nonsense ably, so they don't need my help.

I'd simply suggest that your interpretation that 'modern' refers to anything post 1776 is a mite...optimistic, to put it diplomatically

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It does.

Tell it to the one who wrote the article. lol

Are you going to keep overlooking the word "modern" like it's not there? You know that word is there for a reason, right?

Reactions: Triumvirate
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Other people are handling this nonsense ably, so they don't need my help.

I'd simply suggest that your interpretation that 'modern' refers to anything post 1776 is a mite...optimistic, to put it diplomatically.

Then you basically have nothing...how embarassing is that

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Then you basically have nothing...how embarassing is that

And even if this were a valid point, what's the next step for you? It's ok for Trump to break a longstanding norm just because?

I would have thought good Christians would long for truth and transparency - aren't these good things to have? :)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you going to keep overlooking the word "modern" like it's not there? You know that word is there for a reason, right?

Oh I see, were stooping to taking advantage of obvious errors that l gave inelegant people enough credit to get past.

If you are that desperate to win an argument, gee, you sure showed me. Lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh I see, were stooping to taking advantage of obvious errors that l gave inelegant people enough credit to get past.

Only obvious error is the person misreading the piece, and it's not iluvatar.

Words have meaning - words like 'modern'

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And even if this were a valid point, what's the next step for you? It's ok for Trump to break a longstanding norm just because?

I would have thought good Christians would long for truth and transparency - aren't these good things to have? :)

I don't see a problem at all with it. As far as a good Christian goes, completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What the heck are you talking about? You repeatedly misquoted the article, alleging that it was making a claim about all past presidents, when it clearly wasn't. The word "modern" is fundamental to the difference between their actual claim and your mischaracterization of it.

The only thing inelegant here is you, with your misreading of the article and your refusal to admit your error. Don't try to pin your mistakes on us.

Upvote 0