The Strong Delusion coming on the Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
"And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."

The disciples warn:

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew GREAT SIGNS and WONDERS; insomuch that, (if it were possible) they shall deceive the very elect.

If any man shall say to you; Lo, here is Christ, or or there; believe it not.

I have told you before.

(interesting)

What has Jesus (The word of God) told us before?

Isaiah 13:

For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in its going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.

Ezekiel 32:

And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make the stars thereof dark: I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the moon shall not give her light.

Joel:

The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.

Amos:

And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the Lord God, that I will cause the sun to go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in the clear day.

Notice how this changes:

Isaiah:

Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

Zechariah:

And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear nor dark:
But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass that at evening time it shall be LIGHT.

Enoch writes specifically about this future generation:

And in the days of the sinners the years shall be shortened,
And their seed shall be tardy on their lands and fields,
All all things on earth shall alter,
And shall not appear in their time:
And the rain shall be kept back,
And the heaven shall withhold it,
And in those times the fruits of the earth shall be backward,
And shall not grow in their time,
And the fruits of the trees shall be witheld in their time.
And the moon shall alter their order,
And not appear at her time.
And in those days the sun shall be seen and he shall journey in the evening on the extremity of the great chariot in the west.

And shall shine more brightly than accords with the order of light.
And many chiefs of the stars shall transgress the oder (prescribed).
And these shall alter their orbits and tasks,
And not appear at the seasons prescribed to them.
And the whole order of the stars shall be CONCEALED by the sinners,
And the thoughts of those on earth shall err concerning them,
And they shall be altered from all their ways,
Yea, they shall err and TAKE THEM TO BE GODS,
And evil shall be multiplied upon them,
And punishment shall come upon them so as to destroy them all.

When darkness comes to the earth; the strong delusion comes among the unrighteous.
Enoch clearly tells us that this shall come from the sky.
Is this when satan is released (knowing he has a short time)
Notice that this may deceive the very elect.

So we should not be suprised if the stars withold their light.
We should not follow after any signs and wonders, should they appear to us.
We should be wise in knowing that Satan is clever, and will try and confuse and seduce many through his beauty and power.
Because we have been told before.

And as the sun <increases> it's strength, so will men blasphemy God for their pain and suffering. (the vials in Revelation)

*notice how the earth is already beginning to be altered in it's seasons?

How close are we, honestly?

Wildfire

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Originally posted by ladylove
Patrick,

Then what Jesus warns about and prophesizes about are lies to you? Then Jesus is a fraud and a liar in your eyes. Very sad. :(

Ladylove

As your name implies, you should always approach people with love, and not hurling accusations at someone. I never said that Jesus was a liar or a fraud, you said that....

I believe every word that Yeshua spoke, for He is the living word. If I believe what He said, then I have to except the fact that the anti-christ comes first, that son of perdition.

I can't, and never have found the word "rapture" in Yeshuas word. We are to meet Him in the breath of life, or spirit (Roeach) as the scriptures say we are.

&nbsp;

Patrick

Upvote 0
You should know that the word "rapture" was never spoken by Jesus. But he does reference "the taking away" many times in the gospels. I would suggest you read more closely to see in fact, the "taking away" is plainly evident. Unless you are a brand new believer, you should know this if you have studied dilgently. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Patmosman_sga

Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by camaro540
I can't, and never have found the word "rapture" in Yeshuas word. We are to meet Him in the breath of life, or spirit (Roeach) as the scriptures say we are.&nbsp;

In 1 Thessalonians 4:17, Paul speaks of "meeting the Lord in the air," or literally "into air." The Greek word he uses is aer, meaning the ether, that is, the air we breathe, not the sky.

The popular picture of the "rapture" is based on an unbiblical worldview which sees "heaven" as inherently "good" and "earth" as inherently "evil." Such a dualistic view grossly underestimates both the devastating effects of sin upon the whole of God's creation and the awesome power of God to redeem that creation out of its state of fallenness.

The Christian hope that "creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the freedom of the glory of the children of God" (Romans 8:21) is rooted in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Paul and other NT writers are utterly consistent in upholding Jesus' death and resurrection as the ground of our hope for a better life, both now and in the age to come. As God raised Jesus from the dead, so he will also raise both the "dead in Christ" and those who are "alive" and longing for his coming to a new and glorious life in a creation fully redeemed and restored to its original splendor, with both the "living" and the "dead" sharing with Jesus the victory and vindication of the resurrection. This is the meaning behind Paul's reference to "the clouds," a common Jewish apocalyptic image for the vindication of God's people after a time of suffering (a fact which also mitigates against the popular escapist "pre-trib" position).

Paul was not trying to "encourage" the Thessalonians by simply telling them that "one day" they would all "fly away" into the sky and leave this filthy old world behind. Rather, he was articulating for them a hope for the "future" rooted in what Christ had done in the "past" to give them a reason to live for Christ and his kingdom in the "present." As God raised Jesus from the dead, so he will also, through Christ, do the same for all of his creation, heaven and earth alike; and both "the dead in Christ" and "we who are alive" will share in the joy of the resurrection in a fully redeemed, fully restored creation with Jesus himself being personally present among us.

If you're looking for a "strong delusion" within the Church today, you need look no further than the dualistic, escapist, unbiblical "rapture" craze, most evident in the popularity of the fictional Left Behind series. But, then again, dualism as teaching was repudiated by the Ancient Church. There is truly nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0
I can't, and never have found the word "rapture" in Yeshuas word. We are to meet Him in the breath of life, or spirit (Roeach) as the scriptures say we are.

No, Jesus doesn't use the word "rapture". But it seems pretty clear (to me, at least) what the following means. Note the order of events:

1. Immediately following the end of the great tribulation
2. Signs (sun, moon, stars) of the Day of the Lord (return of Christ)
3. Gathering of the elect (rapture)

Matthew 24
29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13
24 "But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; 25 the stars of heaven will fall, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26 Then they will see the Son of Man coming in the clouds with great power and glory. 27 And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wildfire

Feb 13, 2002
Visit site
✟954.00
Isaiah 24
Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

Fear, and the pit, and the snare, are upon thee, O inhabitant of the earth.

And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.

The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; it shall fall and not rise again.

Luke 17
In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff down in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not turn back.

Remember Lot's wife.

Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

The sun shall increase it's strength. (sevenfold in one day)
The moon shall shine as brightly as the sun on one day.
The seasons shall alter and change.
Daytime shall extend into the night.
And the stars shall be "concealed" by the sinners (but his chosen shall understand):
And the thoughts of those on earth shall ERR concerning this, believing them to be "Gods".
What did Enoch mean by this?

We know that Satans arrival on earth shall be short; will his arrival come in the heavens (remember the Son of Man preceeds the antichrist)
Notice that he shall be worshipped;

Jesus tells us; yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth Gods service.
And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father or me.
And because of that, we are given the comforter.

Then shall the heavens be shaken, and the powers of God released.

So pray, always, that ye may be counted worthy to escape all these things.

Pray, that ye may be hid in the Lords day.

Wildfire

Upvote 0
Yes, Wildfire you indeed describe the seventh seal judgment which unleashes the Day of the Lord. So, so terrrible it will be for those left upon the earth. But miraclously there will be some left who do survive the Day of the Lord and they will go into the sheep/goat judgment before Christ. It will be the greater version of the Nuremburg trials of WWII. Those that our counted worthy as sheep are privileged to go into the millenial kingdom to repopulate the earth after it becomes toast. Jesus, of course, will have to recreate the earth, but that will be no problem for God.

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
3. Gathering of the elect (rapture) &lt;-------???

This is what I've been saying, although I still don't buy the rapture deal.

Yes, we will go through the "Great Tribulation", and yes we will see signs in the heavens, but how do you get "rapture" from the word gathering?

I know people say we will be caught up in the air with the Lord. But, I believe the Lord has shown me what the truth is here.

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall
sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Changed to what I ask? We will be changed to the spiritual form, the breath of life "air".

INCORRUPTIBLE: not liable to corruption or decay, imperishable

It wouldn't matter at that point how much fire was around us, we'd never feel it... Take a flame thrower to an angle sometime and see how much damage it does. None. It can't, the spiritual is incorruptible.

What did God do with Adam after He formed him from the earth? He breethed the "breath of life" into him, his "soul" the spiritual man inside the flesh body, for without the soul, the flesh body is nothing and will go back to the dust from where it came.

Patrick

Upvote 0

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Originally posted by ladylove
Yes, Wildfire you indeed describe the seventh seal judgment which unleashes the Day of the Lord. So, so terrrible it will be for those left upon the earth. But miraclously there will be some left who do survive the Day of the Lord and they will go into the sheep/goat judgment before Christ. It will be the greater version of the Nuremburg trials of WWII. Those that our counted worthy as sheep are privileged to go into the millenial kingdom to repopulate the earth after it becomes toast. Jesus, of course, will have to recreate the earth, but that will be no problem for God.

&nbsp;

This is a very scary thing you speak here. This sounds like the kind of lie that Satan will be using when he is here claiming to be God. Lets kill all those who will not follow me, and the rest of you replenish the earth.

There will be no need to replenish the earth when Yeshua returns. We are told in Matthew22:30

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Patrick

Upvote 0

Chloe

The whole Bible is the Whole Word of God
Apr 29, 2002
Visit site
✟375.00
Jesus will rapture His bride before the Great Tribulation, which is the wrath of God. We who are redeemed are not appointed to the wrath of God. God laid on Jesus all of our sin, the price has been paid already. It makes absolutely no sense and is completely unbiblical to even think that the redeemed will go through the Great Tribulation, which is God pouring out His wrath upon unbelievers. As believers we will experience tribulation in our lives, but we will NOT experience the wrath of God.

Camaro,
There are 2 resurrections, the first being the bodily resurrection of the redeemed, the second resurrection being the resurrection of the damned. The second resurrection will not occur until the end of the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ is complete and satan is released to go out and deceive the nations once more, before he is cast into the lake of fire. During the thousand years that Jesus reigns, those who have survived the Great Tribulation will indeed go on to repopulate the earth. After these things, the Lord will create a new heaven and a new earth.
The Word of God is pretty clear, just like God delivered Noah and Lot, He will deliver His children from His wrath which is meant for the unredeemed, who have rejected God. Enoch is a type of the church. The great delusion can only be experienced by the unredeemed, because the redeemed will not be here.
1 Corinthians 15:52 is clearly speaking of the BODILY resurrection of believers, not a "spiritual" resurrection. For to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camaro540

Jan 28, 2002
Visit site
✟15,744.00
Faith
Messianic
Originally posted by Chloe
Jesus will rapture His bride before the Great Tribulation, which is the wrath of God. We who are redeemed are not appointed to the wrath of God. God laid on Jesus all of our sin, the price has been paid already. It makes absolutely no sense and is completely unbiblical to even think that the redeemed will go through the Great Tribulation, which is God pouring out His wrath upon unbelievers. As believers we will experience tribulation in our lives, but we will NOT experience the wrath of God.

Wrong, the great tribulation is Satans wrath upon the earth.

Correct, the believers will not experience Gods wrath. Anybody who knows the truth, and follows Gods Laws and Commandments and keep them will not be harmed by God. He's not angry with His people, but He will be at that time very angry with those who have chose to follow Satan.

The Word of God is pretty clear, just like God delivered Noah and Lot, He will deliver His children from His wrath which is meant for the unredeemed, who have rejected God. Enoch is a type of the church. The great delusion can only be experienced by the unredeemed, because the redeemed will not be here.
1 Corinthians 15:52 is clearly speaking of the BODILY resurrection of believers, not a "spiritual" resurrection. For to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Yes, just like Noah, Lot, Moses, ect, ect. Not a one of them, or the people with them left this earth. God was with them and protected them. We have been shown, over and over how God operates in these situations. Why do you want to run from the truth, what are you afraid of?

If we're gone from the earth, then pray tell me what Mark13:11, or Matt.10:19 is all about?

Patrick

Upvote 0
3. Gathering of the elect (rapture) &lt;-------???

This is what I've been saying, although I still don't buy the rapture deal.

Yes, we will go through the "Great Tribulation", and yes we will see signs in the heavens, but how do you get "rapture" from the word gathering?

"Rapture" was taken from the Greek Septugient (a real greek word something like "raptura or rapturous" or something like that in the greek I don't have the exact word in front of me) you do know that the Hebrew Scripture&nbsp;was translated into Greek, the language of the day during the initial spread of the gospel, don't you?&nbsp; That greek word has been understood for 2000 years to Christians of all ages as the "rapture."&nbsp; I believe the actual verse it is taken from is within Thessolians.&nbsp; This is just a quick explanation for general education.&nbsp; If you want the exact verse, I will have to get that tomorrow I want to get this out quickly since I am at lunch and don't have the time right now.

I know people say we will be caught up in the air with the Lord. But, I believe the Lord has shown me what the truth is here.

1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall
sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Changed to what I ask? We will be changed to the spiritual form, the breath of life "air".

INCORRUPTIBLE: not liable to corruption or decay, imperishable

You misunderstand this verse...spiritual beings DON'T have physical bodies so if you are right, then the Apostle Paul is wrong...

Let me ask you a question, in Revelation&nbsp;when the saints are "standing" in heaven "waving" palm branches with their "hands" how is it that they have real bodies?&nbsp; Spiritual beings don't "wave" or "stand" because they have no bodies.&nbsp; So who are these people "standing" before the Lord paying homage for their salvation?&nbsp;

It wouldn't matter at that point how much fire was around us, we'd never feel it... Take a flame thrower to an angle sometime and see how much damage it does. None. It can't, the spiritual is incorruptible.

What did God do with Adam after He formed him from the earth? He breethed the "breath of life" into him, his "soul" the spiritual man inside the flesh body, for without the soul, the flesh body is nothing and will go back to the dust from where it came.

Patrick

Okay pal, you wanna be down there on earth as judgment is poured out, go ahead...

But I will be in heaven with my new glorious body (the same body that Jesus has at His ascension) along with the resurrected and changed bodies of the saints of all ages celebrating a marriage with my husband, the Lord Jesus, my groom.&nbsp; This marriage ceremony and marriage feast&nbsp;is being celebrated while the fierce judgment of the Day of the&nbsp;Lord commences.&nbsp;&nbsp; Why is it that the Apostle Paul calls the church, the bride of Christ?&nbsp; Why because "brides" have bodies why do brides adorne themselves wearing clean bright linen deck with jewels (good works for the Lord) because the "bride" has a body.&nbsp; This is really not that hard...do you believe Scripture?&nbsp; Your making this harder than it has to be.

Upvote 0

Duane Morse

Aug 14, 2002
Aurora, CO
Visit site
✟2,429.00
The position of our thinking on the so-called rapture has nothing to do with being left behind, but the position of our heart. It will not matter if you believe in a pre, mid, or post catching up, when it happens it happens, and if you are a part of it good for you.
This is not a matter of who is right on this point. There is a catching up at some point, and we all want a part in the first resurrection. It is those that follow Jesus by doing the Fathers will that are caught up, not merely the ones that got the timing right.

Upvote 0
Duane,

You miss Patrick's point...he states we will not a physical body, but only a spiritual body, if my understanding is correct. This is biblical error and a restudy of the Scripture led by the Holy Spirit is in order. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will have a new physical body, like that of Jesus's body at his ascension as he is the down payment of what I will receive. That is my point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.