Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
how does that apply, to people with ocd.

There is a chance, I may have made a rushed promise to God to stop sticking gum on my desk. I have an ocd fear of God and I would never risk it. I do not know why I may have made such a promise. I do not remember. I probably, never made one but what if I was so relaxed and careless that I prayed to God about that promise? is this promise still considered ocd, even if it was made with full intent?

If you ask me now, I am like " Why would I ever made such a promise" but what if, I was calm and meant it for 5-10 seconds like a normal prayer? does it still count as ocd?

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you're clearly worried about it because of your OCD. But wisdom suggests you should try to avoid making inappropriate vows, and confess the mistake to God if you do make one through carelessness or an OCD compulsion.

May you be blessed in the Lord.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life". In Him, we can overcome all things.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a chance, I may have made a rushed promise to God

First promises made unduress or when not rational are not binding.
If you go along with the unreality that are intrusive thoughts you are making promises/vows when not entirely sane so those promises are not binding.

Please read number 30. It is about girls/women making unwise promises/vows and there father/husband learning of them and cancelling them.
As far as God is concerned with your OCD you fall into the category of a vunerable person who makes unwise promises/vows which God cancells and pays no attention to.

As you have been advised several times learn about intrusive thoughts and how to cope with them.

Upvote 0