California
✟162,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the story of brown bird. One day last year I was doing some trimming and was going to trim back a Jasmine vine, which hung over a fences. As I started to trim, suddenly a bird dropped out to the ground and appeared to be saying something to me. I immediately stopped and realized she had a nest there. I said, “okay I won’t trim it.”

Ocassionly I would notice “brown bird” (a California Towee California Towhee) so I put out some bread once in awhile. I had made a friend. Back in January of this year the fence got knocked over by the wind. I don’t know if they were in the same spot, but I think they had moved their nest by then. Now when the Covid-19 lockdown started in mid March I was home. So I rebuilt the fence and put the vine back up. Brown bird and Mr. brown bird I’d see on a daily basis. So I got a little zoom lens for my phone I one day I got this pic of her. Looks like God gave her a necklace.

010.jpg

I also started to go up the hill to a park and endurance run some hills. Now I’m running and walking on the trail when I see these 2 birds go by me looking awfully familiar. “Brown bird,” I called, yep it was them. Sometime in April Brown bird’s chicks were born. So she’d regularly would come by and collect some bread and take it back to the nest. Around June the chicks finally left the nest, but could not fly. So every morning and evening I’d here them twittering in a happy frenzy. A few weeks later they took to flight. Nowadays Brown Bird still comes by though I don’t know where she nests. Also I’ve seen her “kids” once in awhile coming by and picking at the same spots where mom taught them. Well the Lord takes care of his creatures big and small, and how much more us right?

Mat 6:26 NIV - Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

jacks

Er Victus
Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟665,851.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glad you didn't trim her nest. For several months a year, I won't weed-whip because some birds nest close to the ground. This is a very vulnerable time for them anyway, without worrying about getting whacked! Great photo by the way.

Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0