Manhattan, KS
✟188,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's so much that goes on within the walls and confines of "The Church" now a days that it honestly doesn't surprise me. This is really no worse than a person gossiping about someone else within the Body. Both have a devestating effect on those it hits.

It is also very stereotypical of most in church today. They go just for appearance or to "achieve" something, although I really don't have any idea what that thing would be. God is not impressed. Crouch has for a long time been all about the money, TBN is really just his cash cow now. That is why I've stopped watching it. I want no part in that filth. I have my own issues to deal with that I don't want to be caught up in theirs as well.

Upvote 0

Blueberrymuffin09

In Him I live and move.
Jul 23, 2011
✟1,395.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Never mind that, look at the pathetic state of this part of the board. That is the tell tale sign of the state of Christianity. People who claim to love The Lord can't get along, name calling, don't rely on miracles. Look at the titles. Pathetic. As to the op, I hope that isn't true...if it is, very sad and pathetic.

Reactions: ~RENEE~
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To quote the link, "Ladies and germs, behold Crouch saluting Jesus!"

What a testimony to the world...NOT!! Unbelievable.

*** Don't follow this link if someone giving the finger is something you find offensive. You have been warned! ***

[W/PHOTO] Paul Crouch Flips Off TBN Cameras in Jerusalem! - Orange County - News - Navel Gazing

Thoughts?

Faulty, if you send me a picture of yourself. I will produce a picture of you kissing an ox.

Photoshop is soooo easy.

For pastors birthday, we photoshopped him being kissed by the pope, dancing with an oompalumpa, riding a UFO and singing with the Mormon tabernacle choir

You are right - the photo is quite unbelievable!!

Even the link questions it's authenticity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're generalizing all of western Christianity based on the actions of one man?

Yup. And not even the actions of one man, the very likely photoshopped actions of one man.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

:cool:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, let's start gossiping about a fellow Christian because of a probably photoshopped pic on a blog, (albeit, a blog with a local paper, print extension).

This isn't just gossiping about a fellow Christian. According to the OP, it's "The state of western Christianity". :doh:

And even if the picture is not photoshopped and is legit, what difference does it make? Maybe all the rest of y'all are so super spiritual that you've never flipped the bird at anyone or used some, *ahem*, "choice" words to describe them, but I'll be the first one to freely admit that I occasionally allow my flesh to overtake me in things like that. The difference is, there's no camera around to catch it. ;)

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟282,507.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This isn't just gossiping about a fellow Christian. According to the OP, it's "The state of western Christianity". :doh:

And even if the picture is not photoshopped and is legit, what difference does it make? Maybe all the rest of y'all are so super spiritual that you've never flipped the bird at anyone or used some, *ahem*, "choice" words to describe them, but I'll be the first one to freely admit that I occasionally allow my flesh to overtake me in things like that. The difference is, there's no camera around to catch it. ;)

That one hit a little too close to home Pete. Which is worse, a tongue in cheek flip off, or meaning it in your thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
well...they are on tv in "the holy land", whoever it is, they need to behave.:)

and all i can say is that large pink hair is a bad light in the holy land, sorry, but it's true, with all due respect, she can were her fashion statement as she wishes, and i am sure she is a nice lady, but to be taken seriously, something must be done, and that hair style and color is an issue, that we can all agree on.:)

actually that might be more of an issue than flipping up a finger.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"...and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death,
they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them."

- Romans 1:32

Selah.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If that image was photoshopped then it was a professional time consuming effort. It's very good.

I've done quite a bit of graphics work, and do own a copy of PhotoShop, so I downloaded the image and zoomed in. If it's fake then the artist made it hard for themselves by including the TV screen lines; and the lighting, which is often the give-away, is perfect.

Even the ring looks legit as you can see the same ring in start of this video (where Paul Crouch says God has killed people who opposed TBN):

Paul Crouch says "god" kills anybody against TBN. - YouTube

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
4hutmcksm0.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TBN responded and said "hand genture was unintentional."

Believe what you want or give your brother the benefit of the doubt.

I thank the Lord I am not in front of a camera 24/7.

It is excessively easy to frame someone if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For everyone whining "PHOTOSHOP", as I expected, just know that's only your opinion and is just as valid and real as mine is.

There is no reason for me to assume it's not real. Unfortunately, there has been nothing from them that would cause me to expect a different behavior.

Upvote 0

Wayaok

Jul 16, 2012
✟7,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No. It's just a small sample.
This thread reminds me of some immature Christians(churchians) that will mock, ridicule or otherwise rundown other Christians as if their fruit is of a superior quality even if not as abundant and therefore more acceptable to our Lord.

No way suggesting my vision is 20/20, but I don’t pre-mediate running down other Christian believers in Jesus as if I’m somehow gifted with special discernment, but I can discern faulty denominational friction.

Was mainly posting to see what kind of (if any) reply might be forthcoming … “Well, you’re certainly not a very mature believer being a newbie with hardly more than a 100 posts” or “Hey guys, we got us a holier than Thou newbie that likes pink hair” or “Hey bro, don’t be so serious, we’re just having a little fun” or “It’s a pity you don’t have more spiritual discernment.”

It’s threads like this that even the unsaved see through that further justifies their belief that Christians are hypocrites ... Can’t get along, make fun of other believers, and some have more faith in their denomination than they do in developing a faithful personal relationship with Christ Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.