• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The State of the Union Address

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by SpyridonOCA, Jan 29, 2008.

1. SpyridonOCA

SpyridonOCA Well-Known Member

+94
    Christian
    Private
    Watching last night's address, I found myself agreeing with most of what Bush said. I believe that President Bush, like Harry Truman before him, may ultimately be vindicated by history. With the accomplishments and policies he outlined, Bush showed how he's done more good for our country than Bill Clinton. While Clinton was a more popular figure, he didn't have such difficult events as 9/11 and recession to deal with as president, problems which could have been avoided if Clinton had better foresight. The liberal media might attempt to paint this address as the insignificant farewell of a lame duck president, but that just might show how out of touch the media is with reality.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. billwald

billwald Contributor

+28
    Christian
    Married
    He lies like a rug.

3. happydance

happydance Well-Known Member

+63
    Seeker
    Private
    Clinton will be remembered for his sleazy sex scandals and impeachment.

Bush will be remembered for 9/11, half hearted retaliation against the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the invasion of Iraq based upon fabricated evidence.

4. fieldsofwind

fieldsofwind Well-Known Member

+11
    Christian
    what have you done to make this country, or better yet the people around you, better/safer/stronger?

Seriously... like, you can debate all day online. What really matters though, is who you are... and what you do.

If you've got some different ideas than me... whatever. I mean... as long as you're not one of those "i hate America" turds, then its all gravy.

Again, seriously though... when is the last time that "you" fought for something... for anything?

Food for thought, right?

later

5. reverend B

reverend B Senior Veteran

+646
    Non-Denom
    US-Others
    this is a forum for discussion of these sorts of things, so that's what we do.
    i ate your food for thought, got indigestion, and the result was fields of wind.

as for the sotuaddress, not an original thought in the entire hour. the country is ready to move on. for those of you who aren't, get ready, because we are moving on without you.

6. Loukuss

Loukuss Senior Veteran

+182
    Calvinist
    Private
    CA-Others
    ^_^

Well said, Rev.

7. fieldsofwind

+11
    Christian
    Hey reverend... I think I remember you from about 5 years ago???? Maybe... anyway... I haven't posted until tonight for about 4-5 years. Man... I think i remember you being well... exactly like you responded. Cool.

Just kidding reverend... don't get all computer crazy on me.

But reallly though... I understand the "forum for discussion" thing. I just discussed what I thought, was an interesting proposition. It was just a question rev... nothing to get all worked up over.

Sorry about the gas dude.

8. reverend B

reverend B Senior Veteran

+646
    Non-Denom
    US-Others
    not worked up at all. just didn't seem very relevant to me, but have at it. enjoy. i prefer gas to the projectile vomiting that some posts drive me to.

9. ImmortalTechnique

ImmortalTechnique Senior Veteran

+390
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I was amazed at the depths Bush is willing to go to to protect a legacy by lying and shifting blame at a time when there are real problems in the nation.

10. celticfan83

celticfan83 Regular Member

+19
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    US-Others
    Im amazed at the depths that most politicians will go to avoid real problems

11. Dworkin

Dworkin Regular Member

+38
    Atheist
    Single
    He sure wanted a lot of 'trust' for someone who the nation and world stopped trusting a long time ago. I don't think history will be kind to Bush, even if Iraq becomes a democratic state in 15 years. Too many mistakes, and too much secrecy.

12. SpyridonOCA

SpyridonOCA Well-Known Member

+94
    Christian
    Private
    Can you give examples from the address itself?

13. celticfan83

celticfan83 Regular Member

+19
    United Ch. of Christ
    Married
    US-Others
    you are more than welcome to download the transcript of the speech itself.
    There is a word limit on the posts here

14. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

+1,509
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    So you can't produce one instance of lying or shifting blame in Bush's speech?

15. fieldsofwind

+11
    Christian
    Celtic fan... what exactly is it that you do?? I mean... to have such strong opinions... there must be something behind it, no?

Is this irrelevant?? Am I... out of touch here??