Cerritos, California
✟15,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I started this thread because I believe it's important for Christians to examine what pastors are saying on the pulpit and see if their words and actions matches the Bible. Recently, I came across an article in the New York Times about a pastor in South Korea currently leading a mass demonstration against the South Korean president. This piqued my interest because I'm a strong supporter of religion and politics remaining separate. After watching his live videos on youtube and seeing his egregious remarks about God, I wanted to see what Christians thought of this and found there is a petition calling for him to step down as a pastor and president of the largest Christian organization in South Korea. Please join me in signing this petition on change.org - let's keep the Christian leaders around the world accountable and how important it is to have righteous words and actions according to the word!

Signez la pétition

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I started this thread because I believe it's important for Christians to examine what pastors are saying on the pulpit and see if their words and actions matches the Bible. Recently, I came across an article in the New York Times about a pastor in South Korea currently leading a mass demonstration against the South Korean president. This piqued my interest because I'm a strong supporter of religion and politics remaining separate. After watching his live videos on youtube and seeing his egregious remarks about God, I wanted to see what Christians thought of this and found there is a petition calling for him to step down as a pastor and president of the largest Christian organization in South Korea. Please join me in signing this petition on change.org - let's keep the Christian leaders around the world accountable and how important it is to have righteous words and actions according to the word!

Welcome to the forum with your first post ever!
I hope your first posting goes well for you.
First posts often have so much energy!
And this one includes a call to action, which is unusual.

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This piqued my interest because I'm a strong supporter of religion and politics remaining separate.
There are opposing interests within any large population and the Koreans have to deal with neighbors like their brothers to the north and China. It's possible they're having to deal with another large and equally disturbing leadership that wishes to completely subtract the religion out of the equation about the separation between c̶h̶u̶r̶c̶h̶ and state.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

Signez la pétition
At least in the US politics and religion have never been separate. If they had the abolition movement here (and in England BTW) would have died in its infancy.....just one example.
My own opinion is that people who call for others speech to be shut down are simply afraid to hear what they have to say while demanding that their own speech go on unimpeded. As the saying goes: 'What's good for the goose.....'

Upvote 0