Prescott, Az
✟38,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
SS 2:4. He brought me to the banquet house and his banner (standard) over me is love.

1 John 3:14, 16. We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers and sisters. The one who does not love abides in death. By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
To make the cross an icon of the church is to repeat what Israel did with the bronze serpent from the wilderness. It became an idol in Israel which was destroyed by Hezekiah hundreds of years later.

2 Kings 18:4. He removed the high places, and broke the images, and cut down the groves, and broke in pieces the bronze serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan (that brass thing).

Exodus 20:4. You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

John 3:14, 15. And as Moses lifted up the (brass) serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

John 12:32. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Reactions: GospelS