USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I would believe the Holy Ghost to be female, because the Spirit of God is female.

First, how have you arrived at this conclusion?

Second, are you saying that there are 4 members to the Godhead?

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

The day I found 2 Timothy 3:15 KJV!
Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Also, in Exodus 31:3 & Exodus 35:31, "the Spirit of God" is identified as: wisdom, understanding and knowledge, with "all manner of workmanship," to include might and counsel, and the Spirit of the fear of the LORD having special conditions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
First, how have you arrived at this conclusion?

Second, are you saying that there are 4 members to the Godhead?
Read my latest posts. No; I believe there are 3 members to the Godhead, the Holy Ghost and the Spirit of God are one, John 10:30.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
John 16
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey Phoebe Ann :wave: Thanks for posting that passage for us :)

Hi Kenneth, the masculine pronoun's that describe the HS in Phoebe Ann's post above are clear, what is not clear (and has never been clear to me, quite frankly), is how anyone reached the conclusion that the personification of "wisdom" in the Book of Proverbs is, if fact, the HS.

How did you come to that particular conclusion .. cf Proverbs 1:20?

Thanks!

--David

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Paul Yohannan
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 16
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
I believe the Spirit of God may be referred to as, "he," to represent the Spirit of the LORD, as given in Isaiah 11:2-3, and illustrated in John 10:30.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hi Kenneth, the masculine pronoun's that describe the HS in Phoebe Ann's post above are clear, what is not clear (and has never been clear to me, quite frankly), is how anyone reached the conclusion that the personification of "wisdom" in the Book of Proverbs is, if fact, the HS.

Thanks!

--David
Wisdom and understanding in Proverbs 3:13 are referred to with the feminine pronoun, "she," in Proverbs 3:15 and "her," in Proverbs 3:16. I would conclude that wisdom, knowledge and understanding in Proverbs 2:6 is the HS because Proverbs 9:10 is a picture of Isaiah 11:2-3. Here the word, "LORD," for the Spirit of the "LORD," "the beginning," for "him," and "wisdom," "understanding," and "knowledge," for the same but with, "Spirit of God", in Exodus 31:3 and Exodus 35:31.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 16

Actually, "the spirit of Truth" is not included as one of the seven Spirits of God. Please explain.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Thanks!

--David
But the spirit of Truth is not included as one of the seven Spirits of God.

Upvote 0

Kenneth Redden

Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Centerville TN
✟77,338.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Spirit 'is' referred to as "He" in the Bible, which is why we refer to Him as such. He is never referred to as "she" :preach:
I disagree, the Holy Spirit is referred to with the feminine pronouns "she" in Proverbs 3:15, and "her" in Proverbs 3:16; from Proverbs 3:13. I believe the reason why the seven Spirits of the HS is referenced only in the masculine gender, is to include all seven Spirits of the Spirit of the LORD, in Isaiah 11:2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The pronouns her & she in Proverbs 3 are referring to "wisdom/understanding" Kenneth, not to the Holy Spirit.

13 How blessed is the man who finds wisdom
And the man who gains understanding.
14 For her profit is better than the profit of silver
And her gain better than fine gold.
15 She is more precious than jewels;
And nothing you desire compares with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;
In her left hand are riches and honor. ~Proverbs 3

Upvote 0

Douglas Hendrickson

Supporter
Sep 27, 2015
✟133,415.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
If GOD IS MALE, would it make any sense to say HIS Spirit is not a male spirit?

I opt for the Holy Spirit being aggressively male toward pursuing the female and extolling her virtues.
Being THE SPIRIT OF LOVE actually must mean it goes in both directions.
Love is the unifying spirit between the sexes, IN THE IMAGE OF GOD created male and female.

Upvote 0

2X4

Jan 4, 2017
USA
✟16,445.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would believe the Holy Ghost to be female, because the Spirit of God is female.

Isaiah 7
14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will
conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

Genesis 3
15: I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."

Revelation 12
13: And when the dragon saw that he had been thrown down to the earth, he pursued the woman who had borne the male child.
14: But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.
15: The serpent poured water like a river out of his mouth after the woman, to sweep her away with the flood.
16: But the earth came to the help of the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed the river which the dragon had poured from his mouth.
17: Then the dragon was angry with the woman, and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear testimony to Jesus. And he stood on the sand of the sea.

The woman is the Holy Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi 2x4, within the Godhead, Jesus alone has a physical body. The HS, like the Father, is SPIRIT. So even if the HS was described as "she" in the Bible instead of always being referred to as "He/Him", He wouldn't be getting pregnant/giving birth.

Yours and His,
David

"God is Spirit"
John 4:24

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,915,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus’ Birth Foretold

26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth,
27 to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the descendants of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
28 And coming in, he said to her, “Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you.”
29 But she was very perplexed at this statement, and kept pondering what kind of salutation this was.
30 The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; for you have found favor with God.
31 “And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus.
32 “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David;
33 and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”
34 Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I am a virgin?”
35 The angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; and for that reason the holy Child shall be called the Son of God.
36 “And behold, even your relative Elizabeth has also conceived a son in her old age; and she who was called barren is now in her sixth month.
37 “For anothing will be impossible with God.”
38 And Mary said, “Behold, the bondslave of the Lord; may it be done to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her. ~Luke 1

Upvote 0