Discussion The Spirit of Death?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Who, what is the spirit of death? The fallen angels, are angels of death, and the demons, were they angels? Paul asks death where is it's sting. I am sure many spirits are spirits of death, maybe angels, but also demons. Everyone who dies is subjected to the spirit of death which is so strong, none return to life, apart from God's power, not including ones who ascended to God in the body.

1 Corinthians 15:55

Last edited:

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Who, what is the spirit of death? The fallen angels, are angels of death, and the demons, were they angels? Paul asks death where is it's sting. I am sure many spirits are spirits of death, maybe angels, but also demons. Everyone who dies is subjected to the spirit of death which is so strong, none return to life, apart from God's power, not including ones who ascended to God in the body.
I doubt the angel involved in passover was a fallen one, the angel of death appeared to be following orders and not killing people willy nilly like a fallen one would.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never heard of " spirit of death" so I tried to find it in scripture but no luck there either. I do know of the Spirit of Life.
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. "

If by chance it is another way of saying "the law of sin and death", this has to do with the "second death" suffered by those who reject their Creator. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.
Isaiah 25:8

Furthermore, death is not a spirit, it is a container being that is emptied out along with hell on the day of judgment.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never heard of " spirit of death" so I tried to find it in scripture but no luck there either. I do know of the Spirit of Life.
Well the spirit of death has to also exist. I found this scripture that speaks of the spirit of death.
Revelation 9:6
And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
Now there is the second death beyond the spirit of death for the spirit od death will not survive.
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well the spirit of death has to also exist. I found this scripture that speaks of the spirit of death.
Revelation 9:6
And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.
Now there is the second death beyond the spirit of death for the spirit od death will not survive.
Revelation 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Specifically " spirit of death" is still not there.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. "

If by chance it is another way of saying "the law of sin and death", this has to do with the "second death" suffered by those who reject their Creator. Blessings.
1 Corinthians 15:55 NKJV
55“O[n] Death, where is your sting?
O Hades, where is your victory?”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I doubt the angel involved in passover was a fallen one, the angel of death appeared to be following orders and not killing people willy nilly like a fallen one would.
Satan complies to limitations when tormenting Job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Satan complies to limitations when tormenting Job.
The angel of death doesn't seem interested in scheming though. In fact, there is no dialogue, just compliance.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think I understand the convention here.

It is part of that tendency some denominations have to identify emotional issues as a spirit. There is a process by which sin can become like death, then like the devil. However, this is not a spirit, it's an emotional issue.

Sins can be confessed.

Sins unto death, it is said you are blameless if you don't pray for someone who has this condition. This magnitude of sin, requires repentance with life changing results.

Death the power of the devil - When this happens, it seems like they're demon possessed, but exorcisms don't work ... because it's not an actual demon. consistent repentance in this case is more difficult, but remains the remedy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I dont mean to be dense but I still dont see it.
Oh well.. Blessings
Here Paul is talking to a spirit, he calls death, and I'd suppose the collection or total force of them is Hades. Paul is not afraid of dying, to him, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I think I understand the convention here.

It is part of that tendency some denominations have to identify emotional issues as a spirit. There is a process by which sin can become like death, then like the devil. However, this is not a spirit, it's an emotional issue.

Sins can be confessed.

Sins unto death, it is said you are blameless if you don't pray for someone who has this condition. This magnitude of sin, requires repentance with life changing results.

Death the power of the devil - When this happens, it seems like they're demon possessed, but exorcisms don't work ... because it's not an actual demon. consistent repentance in this case is more difficult, but remains the remedy.
Death is a spirit and in raising Lazarus, it was shown weaker than Jesus' power. And when Jesus died, they all focused on Jesus, so some people who died just before Jesus, rose up and went home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Death is a spirit and in raising Lazarus, it was shown weaker than Jesus' power. And when Jesus died, they all focused on Jesus, so some people who died just before Jesus, rose up and went home.
I don't see anything substantiating that death is a spirit in your post, however. Also, your account of the resurrection is lacking some trinity to it.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I don't see anything substantiating that death is a spirit in your post, however. Also, your account of the resurrection is lacking some trinity to it.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I type concise posts, not mentioning Jesus looked to His Father, and at His word to Lazarus, the Spirit raised him... But to others here, I quoted 1 Corinthians 15:55. Apostle Paul's saying to death. Figure of speech or an address to a defeated foe? How could death have victory? Thing or person? Paul is quoting Isaiah in his own terms.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I type concise posts, not mentioning Jesus looked to His Father, and at His word to Lazarus, the Spirit raised him... But to others here, I quoted 1 Corinthians 15:55. Apostle Paul's saying to death. Figure of speech or an address to a defeated foe? How could death have victory? Thing or person? Paul is quoting Isaiah in his own terms.
Ephesians 1:20 indicates it was the Father who exerted Himself when raising Jesus from the dead.

Death is mentioned in the judgment scene in Revelation, it is emptied out, and souls that were in it were judged based on their name being in the book of life or not.

Death is more than a mere Spirit but a force of nature that holds souls of the dead.

Death is the place people go when they die but don't go to hell.

Last edited:
Upvote 0