The Spirit of Anti-Christ

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
John wrote, "Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the Spirits whether they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

What is the Spirit of Anti-Christ?

Anything that subverts the deity of Jesus Christ is Anti-Christ. Many cults and religions teach that Jesus was just an ordinary man and was not divine, they are Anti-Christ.

Anything that subverts the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Anti-Christ. Many religions teach that salvation is by works and obedience to the law. Many religions teach a salvation of works or obedience mixed with faith; this is a subtle way of teaching a false Gospel. Calvinism is another Gospel of salvation by predestination, which is a false Gospel and is anti-Christ, because it bypasses the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Anti-Christ is another Gospel. Paul said, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:8.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We are justified and reconciled unto God by the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. No works, no obedience to the law. This work of salvation was done totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it. To say that we do is anti-Christ. All that we are called to do is to believe it, Ephesians 2:8.

Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. It is by Christ alone because man who is a sinner cannot save himself. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of. If he did, that would make him a sinner. We are accepted only in Christ and because of Christ. Beware of the Spirit of Anti-Christ.

The Gospel is the entrance into heaven. Satan knows that if he can subvert the Gospel with works and obedience to the law that many will be lost. Salvation has always been by faith, even in the Old Testament. Nothing has changed, we are still saved and justified by Christ and by Christ alone.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John wrote, "Beloved, believe not every Spirit, but try the Spirits whether they be of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1.

Anything that subverts the deity of Jesus Christ is Anti-Christ. Many cults and religions teach that Jesus was just an ordinary man and was not divine, they are Anti-Christ.

Anything that subverts the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Anti-Christ. Many religions teach that salvation is by works and obedience to the law. Many religions teach a salvation of works or obedience mixed with faith; this is a subtle way of teaching a false Gospel. Calvinism is another Gospel of salvation by predestination, which is a false Gospel and is anti-Christ, because it bypasses the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

Anti-Christ is another Gospel. Paul said, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" Galatians 1:8.

There is only one Gospel, it is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. We are justified and reconciled unto God by the work and the person of Jesus Christ, plus nothing. No works, no obedience to the law. This work of salvation was done totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it. To say that we do is anti-Christ. All that we are called to do is to believe it, Ephesians 2:8.

Salvation is by faith alone, because it is by Christ alone. It is by Christ alone because man who is a sinner cannot save himself. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, which we are all one of. If he did, that would make him a sinner. We are accepted only in Christ and because of Christ. Beware of the Spirit of Anti-Christ.

The Gospel is the entrance into heaven. Satan knows that if he can subvert the Gospel with works and obedience to the law that many will be lost. Salvation has always been by faith, even in the Old Testament. Nothing has changed, we are still saved and justified by Christ and by Christ alone.

You seem to be teaching something that is in direct conflict with Jesus. A false prophet is also anyone who teaches something contradictory to what Jesus taught. Jesus taught obedience to the commandments, so if you are teaching something different, this is considered a false doctrine.

We are told Jesus came to magnify the law, which means to make greater, not smaller

Isaiah 42:21 21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

From the mouth of our Savior!

If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15

Matthew 15: 3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Matthew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matthew 19:17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

All of the scripture is God's Word and it is repeated through both old and new testament to keep the commandments of God. The New Covenant that Jesus is the Mediator of is God's laws written in the hearts and minds of God's New Covenant believers. Hebrews 8:10 If someone is teaching the opposite of this, they are teaching directly against God, Jesus and the disciples.

Sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7.

Who do you think wants you to sin? It is not Jesus who came to save us from our sins, not in them. Matthew 1:21

Here's a little hint on who wants us to sin and not be obedient to God's law:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

PS- here is the rest of the scripture you left off in Ephesians 2:8
No works, no obedience to the law. This work of salvation was done totally and completely outside of us. We had nothing, absolutely nothing to do with it. To say that we do is anti-Christ. All that we are called to do is to believe it, Ephesians 2:8.

Ephesians 2:10 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

John 14:15 ESV / 15 helpful votes
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

1 John 5:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Revelation 14:12 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

John 14:21 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

2 John 1:6 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

1 John 5:2 ESV / 8 helpful votes
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

Matthew 19:17 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”

1 John 3:4 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

John 15:10 ESV / 7 helpful votes
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3-6 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟760,477.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Did not Jesus say that unless you repent you will all likewise perish? Didn't He also say that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and pharisees you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven?

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟283,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

In 2 Thessalonians 2:3, the Anti-Christ is described as the man of lawlessness, so that is who you seek to support. By contrast, Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey God’s law by word and by example, so he is the man of lawfulness, and that is who you seek to subvert.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be teaching something that is in direct conflict with Jesus. A false prophet is also anyone who teaches something contradictory to what Jesus taught. Jesus taught obedience to the commandments, so if you are teaching something different, this is considered a false doctrine.

We are told Jesus came to magnify the law, which means to make greater, not smaller

Isaiah 42:21 21 The Lord is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

From the mouth of our Savior!

If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15

Matthew 15: 3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Matthew 5:19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. 21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if you bring your gift to the altar, and there remember that your brother has something against you, 24 leave your gift there before the altar, and go your way. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift. 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, while you are on the way with him, lest your adversary deliver you to the judge, the judge hand you over to the officer, and you be thrown into prison. 26 Assuredly, I say to you, you will by no means get out of there till you have paid the last penny.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matthew 19:17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 He said to Him, “Which ones?” Jesus said, “‘You shall not murder,’ ‘You shall not commit adultery,’ ‘You shall not steal,’ ‘You shall not bear false witness,’ 19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ”

All of the scripture is God's Word and it is repeated through both old and new testament to keep the commandments of God. The New Covenant that Jesus is the Mediator of is God's laws written in the hearts and minds of God's New Covenant believers. Hebrews 8:10 If someone is teaching the opposite of this, they are teaching directly against God, Jesus and the disciples.

Sin is the transgression of the law 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7.

Who do you think wants you to sin? It is not Jesus who came to save us from our sins, not in them. Matthew 1:21

Here's a little hint on who wants us to sin and not be obedient to God's law:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

PS- here is the rest of the scripture you left off in Ephesians 2:8

Ephesians 2:10 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
You are under the Old Covenant of laws, rules, laws and religion and in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. Because you refuse to accept the Gospel and justification by faith you are under God's judgment.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
John 14:15 ESV / 15 helpful votes
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

1 John 5:3 ESV / 14 helpful votes
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

Revelation 14:12 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

John 14:21 ESV / 9 helpful votes
Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

2 John 1:6 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

1 John 5:2 ESV / 8 helpful votes
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

Matthew 19:17 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And he said to him, “Why do you ask me about what is good? There is only one who is good. If you would enter life, keep the commandments.”

1 John 3:4 ESV / 7 helpful votes
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

John 15:10 ESV / 7 helpful votes
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

1 John 2:3-6 ESV / 6 helpful votes
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
Another one that is under the Old Covenant and God's judgment.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
In 2 Thessalonians 2:3, the Anti-Christ is described as the man of lawlessness, so that is who you seek to support. By contrast, Christ spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey God’s law by word and by example, so he is the man of lawfulness, and that is who you seek to subvert.
There are no laws for God's people because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I simply quoted scriptures all from the New Testament and New Covenant. Do you disagree with them?
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written under the Old Covenant. The only scriptures that were written under the New Covenant are the scriptures written by Paul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written under the Old Covenant. The only scriptures that were written under the New Covenant are the scriptures written by Paul.

Paul does not teach lawlessness either.

but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19

The New Covenant started in the Old Testament Jeremiah 31:33 which is verbatim to Hebrews 8:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There are no laws for God's people because, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4.
The objective or goal of the law is to lead us to Christ. The law did not come to an end, if we are in Christ, we will be obedient to everything He asks of us, and Jesus clearly tells us to keep His commandments. John 14:15. Even if you were interpreting this passage correctly, why do you place Paul's words over Jesus? We are warned in scripture many people misunderstand Paul to their own destruction, I think you're going down the wrong path, but we are given free will to find these things out. It just sad how many people you are teaching lawlessness and we are responsible for what we teach others.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,585.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Wrong, all of the epistles were written during the New Covenant and so was Revelation and the gospel is the ushering into the New Covenant. Your just trying to dismiss scripture.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Paul does not teach lawlessness either.

but keeping the commandments of God is what matters. 1 Cor 7:19

The New Covenant started in the Old Testament Jeremiah 31:33 which is verbatim to Hebrews 8:10
The only way that anyone can do or keep the commandments is to be found in Christ. God sees all that are "In Christ" as perfect and complete, Colossians 2:10.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Wrong, all of the epistles were written during the New Covenant and so was Revelation and the gospel is the ushering into the New Covenant. Your just trying to dismiss scripture.
When Jesus died on the cross and God tore the veil that covered the Holy of Holies from the top to the bottom, that was the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New Covenant, Matthew 27:51.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The only way that anyone can do or keep the commandments is to be found in Christ. God sees all that are "In Christ" as perfect and complete, Colossians 2:10.
I agree, so if one sees themself breaking any of the commandments, we will need to re-evaluate who are we living for, Christ or the other spirit, who wants us to continue to sin (break God's law)

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus died on the cross and God tore the veil that covered the Holy of Holies from the top to the bottom, that was the end of the Old Covenant and the beginning of the New Covenant, Matthew 27:51.
No, the veil was torn on the earthy temple to signify the earthy temple ended. Jesus administers from the Heavenly Temple; the earthy temple was just a miniature of God's Heavenly Temple where He dwells.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I agree, so if you see yourself breaking any of the commandments, you need to re-evaluate who are we living for, Christ or the other spirit, who wants us to continue to sin (break God's law)
I am not concerned about sin, because Jesus has abolished it, he nailed it to his cross, to worry about sin is to deny that Jesus has dealt with it. Why should I worry about sin when God sees me as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

• Agree
Reactions: pasifika
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am not concerned about sin, because Jesus has abolished it, he nailed it to his cross, to worry about sin is to deny that Jesus has dealt with it. Why should I worry about sin when God sees me as perfect and complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.
Thats ridiculous. Do you not watch the news? We are living in perpetual sin. Jesus did not abolish sin, Jesus died so He could forgive us of sin when we repent and turn from sin. Acts 2:38. True repentance means one is sorry and has a changed heart. Only when Jesus comes back will sin and sinners be destroyed once and for all.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thats ridiculous. Do you not watch the news? We are living in perpetual sin. Jesus did not abolish sin, Jesus died so He could forgive us of sin when we repent and turn from sin. Acts 2:38. True repentance means one is sorry and has a changed heart. Only when Jesus comes back will sin and sinners be destroyed once and for all.
The Bible plainly teaches that Jesus has dealt with the sins of the whole world and is the savior of the whole world, John 3:17. The reason that you are concerned about sin is because you don't believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the whole world. You are trying to deal with your sins by the works of the law. Paul said, "By the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:10.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0