The Spirit and the Bride say come.

C

CharlesYTK

Perhaps this is a reflection of the great hope and expectation of all the creation:

Ro 8:[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. [20] For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, [21] Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. [22] For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. [23] And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
REV 22:12 "Pay attention!" [says Yeshua,] "I am coming soon, and my rewards are with me to give to each person according to what he has done. 13 I am the 'A' and the 'Z,' the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." 14 How blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they have the right to eat from the Tree of Life and go through the gates into the city! 15 Outside are the homosexuals, those involved with the occult and with drugs, the sexually immoral, murderers, idol-worshippers, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. 16 "I, Yeshua, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the Messianic communities. I am the Root and Offspring of David, the bright Morning Star. 17 The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come!' Let anyone who hears say, 'Come!' And let anyone who is thirsty come - let anyone who wishes, take the water of life free of charge." 18 I warn everyone hearing the words of the prophecy in this book that if anyone adds to them, G-d will add to him the plagues written in this book. 19 And if anyone takes anything away from the words in the book of this prophecy, G-d will take away his share in the Tree of Life and the holy city, as described in this book. 20 "The one who is testifying to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon!'" Amen! Come, L-rd Yeshua! 21 May the grace of the L-rd Yeshua be with all!

Strong's Number: 3565

Original Word: nuvmfh

Word Origin: from a primary but obsolete verb nupto (to veil as a bride, cf Latin "nupto," to marry)

Transliterated Word: Numphe

Phonetic Spelling: noom-fay'

Parts of Speech: Noun Feminine

Definition

a betrothed woman, a bride

a recently married woman, young wife

a young woman

a daughter-in-law

King James Word Usage - Total: 8bride 5, daughter in law 3

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
I believe the Bride is the "New" Jerusalem....

REV 21:1 I saw a new heaven and a new eretz: for the first heaven and the first eretz have passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw the holy city, New Yerushalayim, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband.

Upvote 0
C

CharlesYTK

I think the city of New Jerusalem is not the bride, as God does not marry a city. The city is adored, embellished, crowed with glory, by the presence of the bride in it, upon its walls, who are the redeemed, glorified and resurrected saints who bring holy life to the city.

"as a bride" really in the Greek is better understood "as it were". What does that mean?; clean, holy, pure, excited, joyful, beautiful, waiting with great expectation ?

Upvote 0

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the Bride is the New Jerusalem

Rev. 21:2
And I, John, saw the holy city new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
REV. 21:9
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, "come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife."
:10
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God

Rev. 19:7-9
Let us be glad and rejoice and give honour to Him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come and His wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. And He saith unto me, Write,blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

Some people say the Bride is the 'Christians' or whatever you call them here. What do you call them here?

Upvote 0
C

CharlesYTK

If we go back to the mariage contract, Israel is the betrothed bride of the Lord. She like gomer, went into adultry. But God redeems her as Hosea did for Gomer. He brings her back and washes her, forgives her over and over. In the end, Israel is a pure and faithful bride. All who are saved are part of this Israel, whether born into it or Born outside of it, all must be attached (grafted in) through faithfulness. (Faith is confused with believing but what the Lord requires is faithulness which is action, doing, living in a righteous way as taught to us through his word Torah) Paul says that even those natural branches were broken off for unfaithfulness, and must be and will be grafted back in through their faithfulness. "Israel" is the name god gave to the community of the faithful, those who are filled with His spirit and live according to his will. It has nothing to do with ethnicity or genetics. Those are matters of the flesh. The flesh must be reborn by the spirit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
C

CharlesYTK

Zayit said:
The bride, New Jerusalem, clothed with the redeemed Israel, thus echad. But if it is as you say Charles, then who are the brides maids and what is the difference between them and also who are the wedding guests?
I am not sure which you are inquiring about. I suspenct the 10 bridesmaids parable. If so, it is a parable and is addressed to Jews and is not about Jew and Gentiles or the Synagogue and the church. It is only addressed to Jews, and as such those who have lamps and oil are those who live by Torah, (Thy Torah is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.) Those who have Torah have readiness and light. Those who fall asleep are those who loose their love for God and Torah and in the very last minute try to be inluded by tagging onto the light source of the righteous. They say, give us some of your oil. But the answer is No way. You must go and obtain your own oil.

In Matt we have the Judgment of the nations. It is interesting that the Kingdom we are told was prepared for them from the foundations of the earth. We also see that the nations, even some of those who came up against Israel and Messiah and yet survive, these become subjects of the kingdom, based on their individual action of mercy and loving kindness toward others. These are weding guests. All are invited. God desires to redeem all of creation. The wrath of God is poured out only on the outright wicked enemies of God who lead the nations astray and destroy the earth. These will not survive armageddon. But the ast majority of the worlds people WILL survive and will enter the kingdom prepared for them since the foundations of the earth.

So what of the Jews? They above all shall rule and reign with Messiah over all these nations to teach, and to be a kingdom of priests as they were to have been from the beginnig. They will be judges and administrators in the Kingdom. The bride itself is a mixed multitude as in the exodus, those who without Messiah standing before them, believed the Lord on his word and lived accordingly and received their glorified bodies, access to the city of God and to eat from the tree of life.

Upvote 0
Y

Yasatora

The Lord knows that only He is the one for His bride. He will come suddenly to her, which is our minds, the Temple of God, at the appointed time. It is important for believers to be ready at the appointed time for the experience with God, that is so necessary for us to prepare to live with God forever.

Jeremiah 49 :9 Behold, he shall come up like a lion from the swelling of Jordan against the habitation of the strong: but I will suddenly make him run away from her: and who is a chosen man, that I may appoint over her? for who is like me? and who will appoint me the time? and who is that shepherd that will stand before me?

Malachi 3:1 Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the LORD, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts.

That is why the spirit and the bride say come.

There was two stories that Jesus told, one regarding marriage, and one about the king returning to His kingdom. It is in these parable that we are to see Jesus as the Bridegroom and soon to be wed and the other where as the crowned King returning to claim what is His. Let us go over the Ten Virgins Parable in

Matt 25:1-13 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins which took their lamps and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

Now the difference in the two groups is that one group had kept their lamps full, in preparation for this event, the others had not. Compare this parable with the one about the wedding guest that was not dressed and see the similarity there.

Oil in the Word is used in a variety of ways but the most Holy was in the Temple is where the golden candlestick stood. We can see in heaven in Revelation to fullness of the meaning of the lamp stand and that it is the Holy Spirit ( or seven-fold spirit) of God. The oil in the bridesmaids lamps is representative of this seven-fold spirit whom we must ask daily to fill us so that we may walk with him in truth and in the right path, so that we will not be the subject to the verdict "Depart from me, I never knew you"

Amen.. Oh this is getting exciting.

Rev 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks...are the angels of the seven churches and the churches.

There are seven messages from God represented by the seven churches and seven spirits which is the perfect number. We must need to walk in spiritual truth is a daily growth in knowledge, acceptance, and birth of a new lifestyle based upon that new wisdom from God.

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord; (and quick understanding)

Matt 22:2-14 "the kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son, and sent forth his servants to call them that were bidden to the wedding: and they would not come.....all things are ready: come unto the marriage. But they made light of it and went their ways"
How many people today make light of the Day of Atonement and not see the wedding....even when the feast of trumpets should have woken them up to the event?

So it is very important to be ready Rev 3:20 "and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." Why would they open unto him immediately...because they were expecting him, looking forward to this moment, and knew what to expect when he arrives.

Luke 12:37 Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when he cometh shall find watching" verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants."
This is a special time when the Lord is dishing out meat, the big juicy stuff that would take mature believers to swallow.

Numbers 10:2-3 Make two silver trumpets for yourself; you shall make them of hammered work; you shall use them for calling the congregation and for directing the movement of the camps. When they blow both of them, all the congregation shall gather before you at the door of the tabernacle of meeting.

Those that are prepared for the day when it happens, will recognize what they are to do about it. Those that are not prepared, are scrabbling to find out, they are even asking those that they refused to listen to before to tell them, but time has run out. It is interesting that they are told to go buy from them that sell at this time. Does this not place it at the time when you can not go out and buy or sell unless you have the mark?

And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in
with him to the marriage: and the door was shut,

And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God; and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea....hurt not...until we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads." Rev 7:3 "there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribe of Israel" and "a great multitude that no man can number" clothed with white robes" Rev 7:4,9

Afterwards came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. But he answered and said, verily I say unto you, I know you not. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day or hour wherein the son of man cometh.
I know you not....."Rise up and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein" Rev 11:1,2 all those outside are treading on the Holy City and the two witnesses are now upon the scene giving them a taste of the plaques to see if there is any who will yet repent.

There is a time when there is a coming of the Lord to His Temple which is you.

There is only one time that the High Priest goes into the most holy...."but into the second went the High Priest only once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people." Heb 9:7

Zec 2:11-13 And many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto thee. And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. Be silent, O all flesh, before the LORD: for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Iollain

Jer 18:2-6
May 18, 2004
Atlantic Coast
✟8,725.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can't decide now who the Bride is, the Church or the New Jerusalem.

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Is He preparing the new Jerusalem here? Sounds like He is preparing a place for His Bride. But all the other verses i find look like the New Jerusalem is the Bride.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sep 6, 2003
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
in the verse above - it would indeed be confusing IF you assumed that Yeshua was talking to the believers (which I agree He is) but also if you insert "bride" into the passage even though it does not exist there :)

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Seek Wisdom and Understanding
Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If I may be permitted to comment...

From the Studies that I have done on this subject, It appears to me that the "Bride of Christ" is the same "Daughter of Zion" that G-d has always been enspoused to and is Jealous of. G-d has never been Unfaithful, nor an Adulterer. The Marriage Supper of the Lamb represents the Uniting of the "Body of Christ" (Gentile Church) to the "Bride of Christ" (Israel) the two becoming "One Flesh" as a single body of Believers.
"You shall be My People and I shall be Your G-D".

Note that this is a personal understanding of mine and not something taught in any Protestant Church that I am aware of.

Upvote 0

debi b

Senior Veteran
Mar 22, 2004
✟5,479.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 62:1 - 4
For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until her righteousness goes forth like radiance, and her salvation like a burning torch. And the nations shall see your righteousness, and all kings your glory; and you shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall express. (K) You shall also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God. You shall no more be termed Forsaken; nor shall your land any more be termed Desolate; but you shall be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah; for the Lord delights in you, and your land shall be married.

Hephzibah – compound word = “delight in her”
Beulah = “married”

Isaiah 65:17 - 18
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former shall not be remembered, nor come to mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Isaiah 66:10 - 12
Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all you who love her; rejoice for joy with her, all you who mourn for her; That you may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that you may drink deeply, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory. For thus says the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like a flowing stream; then shall you suck, you shall be carried upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

Jerusalem is described in Isaiah with attributes of a bride.

Upvote 0