Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We used to still win in this world though. There was a time when celebrities, entertainment industry and culture, all that, liked our values or at least tolerated them. Today it is the complete 180 opposite.
The bible does mention that it will continue to get worse right up to the Lord's return. God seems to like to expose evil in its full glory before taking it down. Hence the allowing the weeds to grow with the wheat.

And the changes happening worldwide in the last 60 years have undone the sanity of the entire history of mankind. It's going to be brutal before His return. It is exponentially shifting to pure evil. Heck, I remember a lot of people saying the world had gone mad way back in the 90's. At least there were no men in women's sports back then. We are living in very interesting times. It won't end well, but it is exposing the evil for everyone to see in broad daylight. That is a good thing.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The bible does mention that it will continue to get worse right up to the Lord's return. God seems to like to expose evil in its full glory before taking it down. Hence the allowing the weeds to grow with the wheat.

And the changes happening worldwide in the last 60 years have undone the sanity of the entire history of mankind. It's going to be brutal before His return. It is exponentially shifting to pure evil. Heck, I remember a lot of people saying the world had gone mad way back in the 90's. At least there were no men in women's sports back then. We are living in very interesting times. It won't end well, but it is exposing the evil for everyone to see in broad daylight. That is a good thing.
I wish I was born in the 60s, I could have been an adult and avoided this SJW craziness, end-days stuff until I was over 50. Now it is too late and there is nothing that will change it.

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wish I was born in the 60s, I could have been an adult and avoided this SJW craziness, end-days stuff until I was over 50. Now it is too late and there is nothing that will change it.
I confess that I feel for my kids and grandkids. However, in a very real way, each of us has their own cross to bear. I have gotten to a sort of "envy" place when someone dies of old age. My father died last summer at 90 and I'm glad he got to avoid what is coming. And what is coming is not good.

However, as I age as a Christian, my "life as a videogame" mentality really kicks in. We're here to do our part. And what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Stronger for the Lord. We're not here just to "have fun" and, in fact, that is a shockingly unrewarding and empty life.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I confess that I feel for my kids and grandkids. However, in a very real way, each of us has their own cross to bear. I have gotten to a sort of "envy" place when someone dies of old age. My father died last summer at 90 and I'm glad he got to avoid what is coming. And what is coming is not good.

However, as I age as a Christian, my "life as a videogame" mentality really kicks in. We're here to do our part. And what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Stronger for the Lord. We're not here just to "have fun" and, in fact, that is a shockingly unrewarding and empty life.
I kind of relate to the sort of "envy" in a way, even though I hate to use that term for that. I actually almost look forward to a worldwide collapse or frying of the grids - at least it will take the wind out of the few who are on top to execute their evil plans on us. There will still be the very huge toll rate of life though, like ~95% of people.

I agree that "life is a videogame", but what action can we take? As Christians, we are not allowed to riot, sabotage, etc. because that is apparently considered sin.

And if it's a "shockingly unrewarding and empty life", then what is the point or fulfillment of being in faith? That makes me think I almost should give up on God if that were the case.

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I kind of relate to the sort of "envy" in a way, even though I hate to use that term for that. I actually almost look forward to a worldwide collapse or frying of the grids - at least it will take the wind out of the few who are on top to execute their evil plans on us. There will still be the very huge toll rate of life though, like ~95% of people.

I agree that "life is a videogame", but what action can we take? As Christians, we are not allowed to riot, sabotage, etc. because that is apparently considered sin.

And if it's a "shockingly unrewarding and empty life", then what is the point or fulfillment of being in faith? That makes me think I almost should give up on God if that were the case.
What can we do? It's all personal. Jordan Peterson says that if you want to change the world, start my cleaning your own room. My version is this: You think your neighborhood looks unkempt, mow your own lawn. Trim your bushes. Kill the weeds in the sidewalk in front of your own house.

Christianity, unlike human attempts to "improve the world", is personal. It's ALL about personal contacts and personal relationships. I see it as about only two things:
1. My relationship with my creator and savior.
2. My relationship with my fellow man. (a subset of number one).

Just work on those two things everywere you go, and keep number two in mind whenever in face to face contact with another person, be it on the street, playing baseball, ordering a latte, buying groceries, negotiating for a car, etc. But "carry a gun (sword)" for self defense against the truly evil ones. And they are out there. They are "coyotes in a world of domesticated dogs."

Upvote 0

DerSchweik

Spend time in His Word - every day
Aug 31, 2007
Right of center
✟1,879,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Trust me - being over 60 doesn't make dealing with the present darkness in our nation any easier.

In fact, it's just that much more heart wrenching to see how rapidly our nation is headed towards disaster.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trust me - being over 60 doesn't make dealing with the present darkness in our nation any easier.

In fact, it's just that much more heart wrenching to see how rapidly our nation is headed towards disaster.

Born late enough to see it all go down. Not born early enough to live the prime years during good times.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why are the good guys the losing ones here and not the other way around? Tis ridiculous.
B/c the guys we thought were on our side stabbed us in the back.

• Agree
Reactions: Thigbee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I feel like the change in just the past 5-10 years or so has been incredible

• Agree
Reactions: Thigbee
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And I had to be born just in time to see our nation (and this whole world) head to a disaster in my lifetime. Growing up before the 1990s or long before must have been awesome. Maybe I am romanticizing, but what is there today?

Back then, things weren't a utopia but they also weren't the fever-pitch evil we see now. There were still imperfections and challenges, but a little bit of those make life interesting right?

The way things are looking we wouldn't be able to even proverbally breathe in the future, we are going to be too enslaved to physically do much. And the Bible even said that there will be no safe haven from it at all. Why? If God is supposed to be the opposite of all that, why is he going to let his own be opposed?

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
And I had to be born just in time to see our nation (and this whole world) head to a disaster in my lifetime. Growing up before the 1990s or long before must have been awesome. Maybe I am romanticizing, but what is there today?

Back then, things weren't a utopia but they also weren't the fever-pitch evil we see now. There were still imperfections and challenges, but a little bit of those make life interesting right?

The way things are looking we wouldn't be able to even proverbally breathe in the future, we are going to be too enslaved to physically do much. And the Bible even said that there will be no safe haven from it at all. Why? If God is supposed to be the opposite of all that, why is he going to let his own be opposed?
It isn't a disaster yet, maybe not even close, but I shudder at where we'll be when I'm 90. As I was saying, the changes in just even the past 5-10 years has been incredible & rapid. & it's people mine & yours' age leading the charge.

Know that God's plan is always good & nothing's a surprise to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Christians were too nice that they allowed whatever happened to happen, all the while they just sat back in the name of meekness and turning the other cheek while we were gradually being abused and subverted from within.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟212,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christians were too nice that they allowed whatever happened to happen, all the while they just sat back in the name of meekness and turning the other cheek while we were gradually being abused and subverted from within.
Definitely. Plus I think a lot of parents were scared of getting accused of 'indoctrinating' their children so didn't even try to raise them Christian. I've seen that time & time over. IMO parents are best 'indoctrinating' them. Their kids are going to be exposed to secular-ness everywhere else they turn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You would have grown up with the sexual revolution, feminism, and a massive wave of divorces. And the SJWs today would be telling you, "OK, Boomer."

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟106,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You would have grown up with the sexual revolution, feminism, and a massive wave of divorces. And the SJWs today would be telling you, "OK, Boomer."
To reclarify that, I meant more like a teen or younger adult in the 1950s or 1960s, in America of course. In some respects people then actually got away with more "goofy" stuff that will not be accepted today.

Upvote 0