• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Social Conservatives Safe House (4)

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Sojourner1, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Rion

Rion “Progress, the religion of those who have none.” Supporter

+5,995
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    https://archive.is/p7gj0

One or more editorial writers at the NY Times, the folks who speak with the paper’s voice of authority on every subject you can imagine, will plead with a judge to believe they did not know the basic facts of a story they were writing about, including facts reported in their own paper! The Times’ defense is: We so dumb.
    Either the author of this piece was a malicious liar or he/she is too ill-informed to be writing editorials for a newspaper. Either way, it looks pretty bad for the NY Times and quite possibly for the future employment of the author(s). It also makes one wonder what other things the NY Times editorial board opines about without a complete familiarity with the facts.

2. Newtheran

Newtheran Active Member

+180
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    That would appear to be the case.

They choose to go to churches that do the same thing, that's why.

In a very real sense they don't. Many of them belong to traditions that cherry pick what they want to believe ourside the four gospels or are only "red letter" believers which reject everything else.

Now don't misunderstand what I'm saying. This doesn't make all Republicans righteous by any means. But by definition, subscribing to the value system of a political party that endorses homosexuality, transgenderism, baby murder, Hijrah, and communism...well it really makes one wonder, doesn't it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  3. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother?

+3,284
    Catholic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I think we should remember that America only has two viable political parties. Which is a good thing, in my opinion.

But the end result of it is that people have to choose what matters most. I'm socially conservative but left-of-center on economics. The social conservative side wins so I tend to vote Republican to protect the unborn.

But liberal Christians strike me as being a bit more pragmatic. I'm not excusing them; merely acknowledging that the issues which seem to animate them (eg, caring for the poor) are more readily apparent in the Democrat Party's recent history than in the GOP's recent history. They might be pro-life on some level but I wonder if the bigger issue isn't caring for the less fortunate.

Again, not defending them. Just offering an observation.

4. straykat

straykat Well-Known Member

+278
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    The democrats want to keep people poor. Not help them. If not for abortion, blacks wouldn't even be a minority. They're kept down just enough to be agitated, but not enough to build prosperous communities or have bargaining power or a noticable presence in daily life. And once they give Democrats their vote, they're ignored, with communities remaining in disrepair... until the next time Dems need their vote. Rinse, repeat.

2 out of 3 black children are killed by abortion - numbering it around 15 million since Roe v Wade. Making it over 50% of all abortions in total, and up to 75% in all big cities (like NYC, Chicago, Seattle, etc). Some of whom would have their own families by now as well... so count that too.

5. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldly my friend Supporter

+19,558
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    How about that speech from Collins today?

6. Hammster

Hammster Events occur in real time. Staff Member Assistant Advisor Supporter

+10,634
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I didn’t listen to all of it. But I listened to enough to know where she was going.

And she has credibility since she didn’t go partisan on Obama’s picks.