Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Nice to see you Rion. We have lost many of our best and brightest members due to the war of flames.

Noticed most of the liberal/progressives are still around. Wonder why they weren't culled in equal numbers. :eheh:

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟51,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Noticed most of the liberal/progressives are still around. Wonder why they weren't culled in equal numbers. :eheh:

re: your signature. I don't support them either! I'm conservative, but no tool.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Nobody was culled.

Ah, things have changed since I left then. Used to be a nightmare to post on here if you held certain political views, as you'd constantly get reported and given an infraction for nebulous violations. So, do I still have to go through every comment prior to posting an article to ensure no one has cursed in one? I usually just archive the page as comments don't show up then, but I'd love a clarification.

BTW, if you feel this is improper to discuss in public, feel free to message me. :thankful:

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Ah, things have changed since I left then. Used to be a nightmare to post on here if you held certain political views, as you'd constantly get reported and given an infraction for nebulous violations. So, do I still have to go through every comment prior to posting an article to ensure no one has cursed in one? I usually just archive the page as comments don't show up then, but I'd love a clarification.

BTW, if you feel this is improper to discuss in public, feel free to message me. :thankful:
I'll discuss it here. For the record, both sides have claimed bias against their group. If a Democrst received a violation, it was because we were pro-Republican, and vice versa. It bordered on humorous because because a flame is a flame, regardless of what party you affiliate with.

As to articles, we are mostly concerned with its content. We know you cannot control comments, and I know that this hasn't always been the case. Just be sure the article is above board.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'll discuss it here. For the record, both sides have claimed bias against their group. If a Democrst received a violation, it was because we were pro-Republican, and vice versa. It bordered on humorous because because a flame is a flame, regardless of what party you affiliate with.

As to articles, we are mostly concerned with its content. We know you cannot control comments, and I know that this hasn't always been the case. Just be sure the article is above board.

I know it was always humorous for me when the uber-left/Cultural marxists would talk about how all conservatives wanted women to be uneducated and pregnant or hated blacks, etc. and, in arguing with them, I would say something like "that is completely unfair. Would you have a problem if I said all liberals wanted to do x/y/z" where those were stereotypes of the left, and I got an infraction for my post but the other was ignored. I can't believe how often I laughed at that. :ahem:

Anyhow, as long as I don't need to worry about stuff like that or getting an infraction because someone "just happened" to post an anonymous comment on the article that swears just ten minutes after I posted it here, I'm cool.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Anyone see Rebel Media ask the Women's March members about the Clinton rape victims while changing the perpetrator to Trump? All of them believed it and half talked about how they were very knowledgeable about it. Amazing.

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Anyone see Rebel Media ask the Women's March members about the Clinton rape victims while changing the perpetrator to Trump? All of them believed it and half talked about how they were very knowledgeable about it. Amazing.

I saw it. And speaking of Rebel Media, isn't Lauren Southern fine? I bet she smells like bubble-gum!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Laura had claimed she planned to build an orphanage in the Dominican Republic, but a State Department diplomatic cable revealed that authorities in the country said she never submitted an application for this purpose. They instead located to Haiti.

On January 29, 2010, Silsby was arrested with nine other American nationals attempting to steal 33 children from the country, most of whom were not even orphans and had families according to some reports. CNN reported on February 9, 2010 that this was not the first time Silsby had attempted to traffic children out of Haiti. Haitian police acting on a tip had intercepted Silsby in an earlier, separate attempt to remove 40 children out of the country. She was turned back at the Haitian border. For a brief period, Haitian authorities were considering adding a new kidnapping charge based on this evidence.

Hillary and Bill Clinton took an extraordinary interest in Silsby’s case from the moment she was arrested and almost immediately stepped in on her behalf. The Harvard Human Rights Journal stated that one of Bill Clinton's first acts as special envoy for the United Nations in Haiti "was to put out the fire of a child abduction scandal involving American citizens." On February 7th, 2010, The Sunday Times reported that Bill Clinton had intervened to strike a deal with the Haitian government, securing the release of all co-conspirators except for Silsby. Prosecutors ultimately sought a six-month sentence in Silsby's case, reducing charges for conspiracy and child abduction to mere "arranging irregular travel." A shockingly light penalty given the circumstances of her arrest, which would likely not have been possible but for the intervention of the Clintons in Silsby's case.

The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up | Zero Hedge

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hannahmarie313

Jan 29, 2017
North Carolina
✟15,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey friends! I'm just a young conservative trying to understand the rules here. Is there a place for the site rules? Can someone direct me to them? Thanks!
Just kidding. Found it. Nevermind. My bad.

Upvote 0

Hannahmarie313

Jan 29, 2017
North Carolina
✟15,605.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What's the deal with the slow-dance between feminists and Muslims?
There's numerous evidence from the Quran that females are not regarded as equal. I don't understand.
Why is okay for a Muslim to disapprove of gay marriage but if it is from a Christian it's bigoted? Can someone please explain the liberal logic here? Is it simply because they're a minority?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed some of the threads progressives are attempting to paint the Trump Executive Order (EO) on restricting US entry as some illegal constitutional overreach. Regardless of opinions here, I thought it useful to actually look at standing laws and statutes and court cases. The below is courtesy of Nolu Chan from another site. He gracefully provided direct .gov links:

This is not about deportation or expulsion of people in the United States, but is about the very different issue of denial of admission of individuals, or of certain classes of individuals, into the United States. On that issue, the power of the President is essentially plenary — it is a matter of presidential discretion as supported by codified law 8 U.S.C. § 1182(f), the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952, and the U.S. Supreme Court in Fong Yue Ting v United States, 149 US 698 (1893).

http://law.justia.com/codes/us/2013/title-8/chapter-12/subchapter-ii/part-ii/section-1182/

Inadmissible aliens - 8 U.S.C. § 1182 (2013)

8 U.S.C. § 1182(f) (2013)

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

http://www.bu.edu/lawlibrary/PDFs/research/portals/66stat163.pdf

Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952, Section 212(e), 66 Stat. 163, 188 (1952), P.L. 414

Suspension of entry by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate.

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/149/698/

Fong Yue Ting v United States, 149 US 698 (1893)
Syllabus

The right to exclude or to expel aliens, or any class of aliens, absolutely or upon certain conditions, in war or in peace, is an inherent and inalienable right of every sovereign nation.
MR. JUSTICE GRAY, after stating the facts, delivered the opinion of the Court.

It is an accepted maxim of international law that every sovereign nation has the power, as inherent in sovereignty, and essential to self-preservation, to forbid the entrance of foreigners within its dominions, or to admit them only in such cases and upon such conditions as it may see fit to prescribe.

Upvote 0